LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 185 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Brendel has reverted to playing like his draft position.. UDFA.

He looks like this worst center in football right now. I think you have to consider benching him for Feliciano if he's healthy after next week.

Ricky should get called up too.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 17, 2024 at 12:13 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

He looks like this worst center in football right now. I think you have to consider benching him for Feliciano if he's healthy after next week.

Meanwhile Zach Frazier looks like a stud as a rookie. I'm so over this bargain basement approach to the OL.

IIRC Feliciano isnt eligible to return until like half of the season. He also hasnt played in TC at all and is like 32 and has never played an NFL snap at center with 49ers

There is basically zero way Kyle is replacing a center mid-season imo
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Meanwhile Zach Frazier looks like a stud as a rookie. I'm so over this bargain basement approach to the OL.

Who woulda thought? Nobody could see that coming with Frazier

Stop reminding me 😭

I don't hate Ricky by any means but to me, Frazier was an obvious starting caliber player on the board and people are already calling him elite.

Stop reminding me 😭

I don't hate Ricky by any means but to me, Frazier was an obvious starting caliber player on the board and people are already calling him elite.
They coulda had both but I agree passing on a day one starter at a position of need for a 4th WR at this point wasn't smart.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

Stop reminding me 😭

They coulda had both but I agree passing on a day one starter at a position of need for a 4th WR at this point wasn't smart.

I thought Frazier would be exactly the person we wanted here. He fit everything we want. Pounded the table but sadly I have no say.

I also screamed for Creed Humphrey and we took Banks...

That said, we took three other gold helmet players I wanted in Puni, Malik, and Cowing this year.. So I don't want to be too negative but I thought Frazier should've been a no brainer.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Stop it, I'm sad now.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

Stop reminding me 😭

I thought Frazier would be exactly the person we wanted here. He fit everything we want. Pounded the table but sadly I have no say.

I also screamed for Creed Humphrey and we took Banks...

That said, we took three other gold helmet players I wanted in Puni, Malik, and Cowing this year.. So I don't want to be too negative but I thought Frazier should've been a no brainer.
I thought he was an obvious choice for sure but I was atleast a little bit biased with him being a local kid.

It looks to have been a solid draft but adding Frazier to the mix would've taken it to a whole other level.
Originally posted by dj43:
Brendel is doing quite well in run blocking. His PFF rating of 67.7 is better than just "acceptable."

It is in pass blocking that he STRUGGLES. His 29.5 is the lowest in the league by 11 points. It is also the lowest two-game rating I can recall in his career (I watch this stuff). Overall, he ranks #25 in the league. In the past, he has been around 18. Let's hope he gets back to at least that level.

Kyle mentioned they missed potential large gains on four pass plays due to a breakdown in protection. KS wasn't specific but it is likely Brendel was the primary culprit in most of them.

His true pass sets are even worse. It's wild that they didn't even bring in legit competition at a position that's supposed to be so important to the offense. Dude is in charge of protections for god sake.

great draft class at IOL and nothing of real substance at the C position. It's gonna bite them in the ass.

It's insane and you don't even need to spend a top 20 pick to make it happen.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It's insane and you don't even need to spend a top 20 pick to make it happen.

Kyle doesn't believe in investing into OL and especially a rookie center. It is what it is.

He's pretty fortunate that Trent is a big fan of his otherwise we night have had some mediocrity at LT too.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
What is the eta on Feliciano?

After the bye is my understanding.

I'm hoping that's their plan, has to be. He could make such a huge difference.
If Purdy was calling the protections maybe our pass-pro wouldn't be this bad but we know that Shanny will never do that because he is stubborn as f**k.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
If Purdy was calling the protections maybe our pass-pro wouldn't be this bad but we know that Shanny will never do that because he is stubborn as f**k.
Who really calls the protections? I never see the Center or QB call out, point or do anything with protections at the LOS
Share 49ersWebzone