LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 250 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Also- I don't think Brendel is 100% healthy. He's mediocre at best so if he bit full health he's kinda screwed.

they probably planned on getting felciiano there once oh I showed he can play, but he's hurt too lol
Didn't Feli take snaps at center in camp?
Also- I don't think Brendel is 100% healthy. He's mediocre at best so if he bit full health he's kinda screwed.

they probably planned on getting felciiano there once oh I showed he can play, but he's hurt too lol

yes, good point. he's been dealing with knee arthritis, which never really goes away, so mostly about pain management.
Why hasn't Shanahan even attempted to replace this scrub after 2 seasons is f**king baffling
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yes, starter reps. In MB latest mailbag he thinks we could see it play out like we did last 2nd half of season, but instead he takes over at C instead of RG
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yes, starter reps. In MB latest mailbag he thinks we could see it play out like we did last 2nd half of season, but instead he takes over at C instead of RG
Get better Feli ASAP !
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Why hasn't Shanahan even attempted to replace this scrub after 2 seasons is f**king baffling

Gives good head
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

Gives good head

Do you watch the games?? You are wondering about Jake Brendel?? I think RT has been way more of a glaring need than center. Brendels contract is team friendly so if they want to move on, they can. Presently NO ONE on the roster is better than Brendel at center. If they were they would be starting.
He's getting bulldozed pretty bad on some of those highlights. Our offensive line always seems to be trouble.

They did try and replace him. They drafted Drake Nugent. He may need to add some weight but he could be the starter as soon as next year.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

They did try and replace him. They drafted Drake Nugent. He may need to add some weight but he could be the starter as soon as next year.

They didn't draft him. UDFA

Originally posted by 9erred:
Do you watch the games?? You are wondering about Jake Brendel?? I think RT has been way more of a glaring need than center. Brendels contract is team friendly so if they want to move on, they can. Presently NO ONE on the roster is better than Brendel at center. If they were they would be starting.

It just seems like that because the center is hidden in the middle and we as fans don't see it. Whereas when Mckivitz messes up we clearly see it because we have that vantage point. You know where Mckivitz is ranked among tackles this season? 20th. So 20 out of 64 starting tackles. Brendel is ranked 24th out of 32 starting centers. Mckivitz has 3 or 4 bad plays a game and alot of good plays(Especially in the run game). Brendel looks bad on 50% of his snaps. But like I said we don't see it because he is hidden between two guards.

Brendel is the worst lineman on the team. Might as well put a road cone at center.

that's the problem SF has done s**t to upgrade one of the most important positions on the OL. Dude is responsible for all the protection calls.

RT is more important. The guy playing center is actually worse though.
Imagine we moved up slighty in the draft and grabbed Graham Barton who appears to be an all pro in year 1. He was a consensus top lineman and had a ton of versatility. Sadly we grabbed a WR.

That's the problem. And that falls on Lynch and Shanahan.
Originally posted by BP13:
yes, good point. he's been dealing with knee arthritis, which never really goes away, so mostly about pain management.
That may be why his play has declined this year.

2021 was his best year. He was ranked #15, IIRC among all Centers. Last year, he dropped down a bit. toward the end of the season.
Share 49ersWebzone