LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 250 users in the forums

C Jake Brendel Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This team is built wrong. Bad oline, leads to bad qb play, leads to not being able to win, leads to offensive collapse.
Originally posted by 9ersguy:
This team is built wrong. Bad oline, leads to bad qb play, leads to not being able to win, leads to offensive collapse.

Yet arguably our most glaring offensive failures today were key drops at wide receiver.

We've had league best type of efficiency at the QB position since Brock took over. Today was right in line.
KS/JL do his every draft & FA times.

They make the OL an afterthought.

Thos who cannot remember their past are condemned to repeat it!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Right there with you brother
Anyone could've seen how good this kid would be; except our decision makers I guess
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Anyone could've seen how good this kid would be; except our decision makers I guess

Pittsburgh giving a master class on how you rebuild an OL on the fly. They've had as many as 3 rookies starting and all of them have looked good.

Pittsburgh giving a master class on how you rebuild an OL on the fly. They've had as many as 3 rookies starting and all of them have looked good.

And another got hurt for year. They drafted 4 starters in one draft and are 3-0. This is exactly what i was preaching for.
Never thought this guy anything special other than just a stop gap. And, here we are.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Never thought this guy anything special other than just a stop gap. And, here we are.

The best part is they tried to get a FA back in 22 or was it last year? But all fell through and they give him 4 year deal lol Then this draft had like 7 centers who many thought could start in the the NFL and instead we draft guys who will never see the field.

The QB is one of the bright spots. Brock has had two really good games. But your point is well taken. It should be of Brock can play this well with a trash center and RT, how good would Brock look with just average/slightly above average pass protection?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

And another got hurt for year. They drafted 4 starters in one draft and are 3-0. This is exactly what i was preaching for.

And yet some people think Tomlin should be fired. I'm glad he doesn't have a truly elite QB or the Steelers could really be a problem. Fascinating how they just came right out and solidified Oline in one draft.

Originally posted by Niner4ever:

Brendel was supposed to buy us a year and instead he is going to be the center with the most starts in the Kyle Shanahan era.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

The QB is one of the bright spots. Brock has had two really good games. But your point is well taken. It should be of Brock can play this well with a trash center and RT, how good would Brock look with just average/slightly above average pass protection?

And yet some people think Tomlin should be fired. I'm glad he doesn't have a truly elite QB or the Steelers could really be a problem. Fascinating how they just came right out and solidified Oline in one draft.

I really wanted to do that because I felt our roster was loaded almost everywhere else or certainly not the question mark o line is. Center and RT are bad. So if you draft 4 linemen high, odds are 2 hit etc... if 3 hit fantastic etc.

Also now aside Puni (awesome hit) the rest of the line needs to be found. I even include Trent because imo he could turn around and retire tomorrow or get hurt and we have nobody behind him etc. So I wanted to get ahead of our needs and not corner ourselves into chasing them. We now know how that turned out.

This year has been the expected every other year health disaster too... sigh

This last draft:
I liked Pearsall, but we have seen nothing yet. Could have had JPJ, Kingsley, or Frazier.
Green has seen little action - Passed on Kinglsey
Puni = bingo
Mustapha ?
Guerrendo very little so far
Cowing, very little so far and Kyle hints he is not ready.
I don't think the others even made the team.

I think our team would have been way better today if we had Frazier/JPJ, Puni, and Kingsley at RT. Hopefully Feliciano gets healthy and can be the center.

Grrrrr!!!!
Im with you on Frazier early and even if we "have to reach" a little bit (which we always do anyway) in the first. I was also on Beebe if he was there in the 3rd or Limmer in the later rounds. Piss me off every time I remember hearing that our OL coach wants us to just get skilled players early and can he find gems later.
I like how the Steelers philosophy of investing early and often to solidify the line. It seems our community here is a lot more smarter than our management.
Forester is a clown. He can't evaluate talent and his construction of the OL is just another example of that.

Says we shouldn't draft OL high but also says you don't really have time to coach up guys. Half the lower round guys that show promise wind up getting cut and contributing elsewhere, or he plays them out of position here so they never reach their full potential.

I was SCREAMING for Frazier in the first or second.

I was SCREAMING for Beau Limmer in the later sounds. We took Kingston

I'm glad we got Puni at least, but this was a MONSTER OL class and we should've easily gotten two starters for a critical area of need, and we blew it.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 27, 2024 at 1:48 PM ]

Meanwhile Kyle and CO are over here taking useless WRs and apparently defensive backs that have zero idea on what coverage is. Best roster in the league!
Share 49ersWebzone