LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 126 users in the forums

2022 49ers Training Camp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I guess I agree to disagree there. Maybe he was injured last season, but I have a specific run in mind vs HOU last year where it was a TD if he had good speed, but he was caught from behind.

He's a 4.3 40 guy.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

These are happy

Sounds too good to be true. Let's hope It carries over Into the season.

Let's hope if Brunskill loses the battle at center that we still keep Burford at right guard. Kyle has a very bad tendency to go with veterans over starters
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I guess I agree to disagree there. Maybe he was injured last season, but I have a specific run in mind vs HOU last year where it was a TD if he had good speed, but he was caught from behind.

He's a 4.3 40 guy.

He was only a 4.38 guy because he dropped 15 pounds to run faster at the combine. Now he gained all of that back so he still very fast but I would say his play speed is definitely low 4.4's.
Originally posted by elguapo:

He's a 4.3 40 guy.

He was only a 4.38 guy because he dropped 15 pounds to run faster at the combine. Now he gained all of that back so he still very fast but I would say his play speed is definitely low 4.4's.

Honestly I think injuries played a factor for him last season too. We ran his ass into the ground man. No question he has breakaway speed even if it isn't his 4.3 pro day speed anymore

These are happy

Sounds too good to be true. Let's hope It carries over Into the season.

Let's hope if Brunskill loses the battle at center that we still keep Burford at right guard. Kyle has a very bad tendency to go with veterans over starters

how's the OC from Arizona State?? wasn't he popular before the draft?

He's a 4.3 40 guy.

I just went back to watch his highlights vs HOU. Run in question he busts through the line as he's cutting back. Defender grabs his waist/thigh which slows him down. All the while the DB that caught him was unimpeded and had the depth and angle. 0% chance he scores on the play.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Do I feel optimism?

It's telling that Burford is taking all first team reps.

If we hit on him and Banks lives up to his 2nd round billing we might have an actual good O line. Omg I'm being optimistic about the OLine NC is coming for me now

Have Faith my friend. We all want this!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Do I feel optimism?

If we hit on him and Banks lives up to his 2nd round billing we might have an actual good O line. Omg I'm being optimistic about the OLine NC is coming for me now

Hopefully after the first preseason game, the only questions we have are McGlinchy and possibly who's starting at Center. Trent, Banks and Burford seem to be solid or solidifying. From what I'm hearing from media, webzone and internet is just Center and Right Tackle questions.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
We don't play them this regular season.

Yeah we do. We play the AFC west.

Oops missed that, read it like LA Rams for some reason.

We play the Rams twice lol!
Do I feel optimism?

Hopefully after the first preseason game, the only questions we have are McGlinchy and possibly who's starting at Center. Trent, Banks and Burford seem to be solid or solidifying. From what I'm hearing from media, webzone and internet is just Center and Right Tackle questions.

That makes sense.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Not sure what's going on with him and the drops

The potential Is there with him, but until he shows more consistency with his hands, I feel as though he could frustrate us fans with his drops.

im not too worried about this hes shown to be pretty reliable in season
Originally posted by 49ers808:

He's a 4.3 40 guy.

Honestly I think injuries played a factor for him last season too. We ran his ass into the ground man. No question he has breakaway speed even if it isn't his 4.3 pro day speed anymore

Very few players can run as fast as they do on their pro day or at the combine. They train and drop weight so they can run a fast time. They should be timed in a uniform if they want to see what their real speed looks like.

Anyway, whether Trey runs a 4.3 or 4.4 he's still way faster than the 4.97 that Jimmy ran before his injuries. Quickness and pocket awareness are more important than flat out speed. Kap had great speed but he was slow to react and often turned right into the pass rush. Russell Wilson only ran in the 4.6 range but he knew how to avoid the pass rush.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Aug 7, 2022 at 9:40 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

He's a 4.3 40 guy.

Very few players can run as fast as they do on their pro day or at the combine. They train and drop weight so they can run a fast time. They should be timed in a uniform if they want to see what their real speed looks like.

Anyway, whether Trey runs a 4.3 or 4.4 he's still way faster than the 4.97 that Jimmy ran before his injuries. Quickness and pocket awareness are more important than flat out speed. Kap had great speed but he was slow to react and often turned right into the pass rush. Russell Wilson only ran in the 4.6 range but he knew how to avoid the pass rush.

I thought they were talking Elijah

He's a 4.3 40 guy.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about Mitchell lol not Trey
Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:

He's a 4.3 40 guy.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about Mitchell lol not Trey
Definitely talking about Eli. Don't think anyone is arguing that Trey is substantially faster then Jimmy.
Share 49ersWebzone