LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 129 users in the forums

2022 49ers Training Camp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Originally posted by Bloodless:

Not good

We should expect Lance to have a couple/half dozen games this year that are real clunkers. Also sounds like our offense outlook is greatly dependent on our T play. Williams and McGlinchey are vital to the season.
goddam lol
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Not good

We should expect Lance to have a couple/half dozen games this year that are real clunkers. Also sounds like our offense outlook is greatly dependent on our T play. Williams and McGlinchey are vital to the season.

Accuracy is my biggest concern with Trey right now not the interceptions. As that has always been my biggest concern with him. These low completion % numbers in practice concern me, considering no one is allowed to touch him. I get there is always context such as timing, Oline play, drops, and so on. But the more of these poor practice days that happen, the more concerned I am becoming.
I'm not that concerned. We all remember Jimmy throwing 5 interceptions in a row in 2019 (and something like 25 interceptions overall) and going 1/9 with a pick in his first preseason game. Then that turned into him having his only above average year as a starter, so we shouldn't read too much into practice.

That said, the inconsistent accuracy does concern me a little, but we all knew Trey would have some rough spots and growing pains this year.
Accuracy is my biggest concern with Trey right now not the interceptions. As that has always been my biggest concern with him. These low completion % numbers in practice concern me, considering no one is allowed to touch him. I get there is always context such as timing, Oline play, drops, and so on. But the more of these poor practice days that happen, the more concerned I am becoming.

Anyone who watched more than just his highlights should have been concerned with his accuracy.

Then again, even during this training camp all we see is the good 2-3 passes where you'd think he's lightning it up on to see him go 6-13, 11-20 etc...

Going to be interesting this season to see how the defense holds up scoring faster but not sustaining drives (was just 8-24 in 3rd down% last year in his 2 starts).
Damn it Trey, get uour s**t together bro.
Originally posted by krizay:
Anyone who watched more than just his highlights should have been concerned with his accuracy.

Then again, even during this training camp all we see is the good 2-3 passes where you'd think he's lightning it up on to see him go 6-13, 11-20 etc...

Going to be interesting this season to see how the defense holds up scoring faster but not sustaining drives (was just 8-24 in 3rd down% last year in his 2 starts).

if kyle restrains trey early on and essentially makes him a game manager, then our defense will hopefully win us games until trey is actually ready
needs better mechanics

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
if kyle restrains trey early on and essentially makes him a game manager, then our defense will hopefully win us games until trey is actually ready

Then wouldn't you want him practicing being a game manager in practice. People keep saying he needs reps. Same people say it's good that he's seeing what he can get away with etc....

His reps that everyone says he needs should be the same kind of reps we expect of him in a game.

"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect" By some dude named Vince Lombardi
needs better mechanics
If we could only fuse Trey and Jimmy together.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

You'd come up with something like Justin Fields
Originally posted by Alfienator:
needs better mechanics

Then we'd just have a worse QB.
I'm ok with the off day. I'm just wondering about the drops. 2+ a day. It's a head scratcher why our receivers drop so many when trey is back there
Share 49ersWebzone