There are 145 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
5.4 average so far, and 6.4 average for the Dolphins game. That's ridiculous. How's he doing that....lol

It must be all him because according to some our O line suck at run blocking.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Watch the LBs on these plays. By pressing the line of scrimmage the entire way and not making the cut until he's on the heels of his OL, Mason forces the LBs to commit to a gap and allows his OL to seal them from the running lane. This is textbook wide zone running by Mason. Alex Gibbs would've flipped a f**king table over in joy if he were on this team. Mason is as natural of a zone runner as it gets.

Now, if we could get Kyle to use him more out of the gate and on those more predictable first down runs. I'm sure he'd be just fine in short yardage and goal line too.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Watch the LBs on these plays. By pressing the line of scrimmage the entire way and not making the cut until he's on the heels of his OL, Mason forces the LBs to commit to a gap and allows his OL to seal them from the running lane. This is textbook wide zone running by Mason. Alex Gibbs would've flipped a f**king table over in joy if he were on this team. Mason is as natural of a zone runner as it gets.

Now, if we could get Kyle to use him more out of the gate and on those more predictable first down runs. I'm sure he'd be just fine in short yardage and goal line too.

Yes. Just like I was saying last week. Especially in those goal to go situations inside the 5 yardline.

I will be the first to admit that I wasn't a big advocate of Mason for making the original 53 man roster. I am also not afraid to admit that he is exactly what we need going into January. Especially now with a young inexperienced QB who would be best to bring along as a game manager. We have a defense that is starting to heat up at the right time. A punishing run game to go along with that defense is our best chance at getting to the SB. Mason is a back who can wear a defense down early and tire those pass rushers so in the 4th quarter of those playoff games , Purdy will have more time in the pocket and CMC will still be fresh.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Dec 6, 2022 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

I'm sure he will in time.

Speaking of comps, there's one that's super obvious to me. The size, physicality, and natural zone running ability - Jordan Mason reminds me a ton of Alfred Morris.
I knew this kid is good. Hopefully he's just scratching the surface so far.
Originally posted by 49erF90:

Agreed. Love to see him on the field a bit more as he is producing with each touch!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 49erF90:

Agreed. Love to see him on the field a bit more as he is producing with each touch!

MA$$E BE THE ONEEEE !!!!
His running style reminds me of Marion Barber from the Cowboys
Give this man more carries!!!!
Here are all of Mason's carries this season. 18 carries for 97 yards which is good for 5.4 YPC. Only 3 have gone for no gain and none have gone for negative yards.

7 yards

4 yards
0 yards
8 yards
2 yards

0 yards
9 yards
4 yards
5 yards
7 yards

11 yards
19 yards
7 yards
6 yards
1 yard
5 yards
0 yards
1 yard

Mason needs to be getting at least 10-12 carries per game.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

After looking at his carries per game. Kyle has been increasing his snaps and carries a little bit each week. I just know at some point Kyle is going to go back to a run heavy gameplan. Maybe he is saving it for the playoffs. Since Kyle has been fairly shotgun heavy as of late, I would like to see CMC and Mason on the field together flanking the QB.

This. With Mitchell out he needs to at the very least have the same amount of carries as CMC. But we can't just have him in to run the ball. I'm not sure if he's only in when he's getting it or not. Just know the offense still needs to be balanced when he is in
Originally posted by krizay:

This. With Mitchell out he needs to at the very least have the same amount of carries as CMC. But we can't just have him in to run the ball. I'm not sure if he's only in when he's getting it or not. Just know the offense still needs to be balanced when he is in

He ran atleast a few routes in the MIA game. I haven't seen him in pass pro though.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Give this man more carries!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone