There are 145 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
His running style reminds me of Marion Barber from the Cowboys

really, or you must be thinking of his #24.. prolly why.. but he does run hard!!

Thunder & Lightning !!!
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Mason needs to be getting at least 10-12 carries per game.

This. With Mitchell out he needs to at the very least have the same amount of carries as CMC. But we can't just have him in to run the ball. I'm not sure if he's only in when he's getting it or not. Just know the offense still needs to be balanced when he is in

He ran atleast a few routes in the MIA game. I haven't seen him in pass pro though.
As with all young backs, this is key.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by elguapo:
His running style reminds me of Marion Barber from the Cowboys

really, or you must be thinking of his #24.. prolly why.. but he does run hard!!

Thunder & Lightning !!!

Nah… He reminds me of Barber too. Which is my favorite non-49er running back of all time.
Are we saving this guy for the playoffs? Probably a smart thing. Dude is a truck.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Nah… He reminds me of Barber too. Which is my favorite non-49er running back of all time.

Barber was who I wanted instead of Frank that year.
Originally posted by krizay:

Barber was who I wanted instead of Frank that year.

Marion Barber and Michael Huff?

Damn, after going back and rewatching Barber clips and pulling up his measurables, Mason does comp nicely to Barber.

I forgot how good Barber was. You could've told me that was Beast Mode playing for the Cowboys, and I'd believe it.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 8, 2022 at 8:47 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Hoping to double his snaps this week.
Originally posted by Crown:
Hoping to double his snaps this week.

Sure hope so.

he got that dog in em
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

That are he's taking a backseat this week for the veteran presence and blocking abilities to protect Brock. Hope they give him at least 12 carries and an opportunity to shine.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Damn, after going back and rewatching Barber clips and pulling up his measurables, Mason does comp nicely to Barber.

I forgot how good Barber was. You could've told me that was Beast Mode playing for the Cowboys, and I'd believe it.

Yup. And Mitchell reminds me of Charlie Garner a little bit.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Marion Barber was pretty underrated back in the late 2000's. Sucks that he died tragically too young. RIP
I think Jordan Mason just passed Trey Sermon on the NFL career rushing yards list.
Share 49ersWebzone