There are 138 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hopefully we don't need a RB this draft (limited picks) but we will roll into next year with McCaffrey+Mitchell+TDP+Mason, Maybe we need to stop drafting a RB in the 3rd, it seems like the RB we add after our 3rd pick ends up being better (Mitchell over Sermon, Mason over TDP).
Let this kid Mason run a little more often. Seems like he only gets better with more carries!
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Hopefully we don't need a RB this draft (limited picks) but we will roll into next year with McCaffrey+Mitchell+TDP+Mason, Maybe we need to stop drafting a RB in the 3rd, it seems like the RB we add after our 3rd pick ends up being better (Mitchell over Sermon, Mason over TDP).

Sign 3 UDFA running backs every year.
I think we should have a UDFA RB on our PS next year, assuming we keep the 4 above plus Juice. Here's to hoping Mitchell can actually stay healthy, because I like McCaffrey getting about 8-10 carries a game to go with 6-9 catches a game. Having McCaffrey in the slot when Mitchell is in the backfield is scary with Deebo on one side, and Aiyuk+Kittle on the other side.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
I think Jordan Mason just passed Trey Sermon on the NFL career rushing yards list.

Anything over 1 yard would do it. lol j/k https://www.nfl.com/players/trey-sermon/stats/

Well, there IS always bass fishing for Mr. Sermon https://majorleaguefishing.com/anglers/rashaun-woods-497613/
Mason had his first carry for a loss today. But he still averaged over 5 YPC.
Hopefully we don't need a RB this draft (limited picks) but we will roll into next year with McCaffrey Mitchell TDP Mason, Maybe we need to stop drafting a RB in the 3rd, it seems like the RB we add after our 3rd pick ends up being better (Mitchell over Sermon, Mason over TDP).

The Sermon pick was a headscratcher to me. TDP makes sense because of his measurables, but yeah... it's so weird that they fall in love with RB's, and then find someone better in the later rounds.
A really good player. Run him up the middle. Not Deebo. Please.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Come join the YAC/RAC party!!!

KS saving him for Seattle. Long, time-consuming drives to keep the ball out of the hands of Geno. Secure the division and the playoffs with Mason's jar-ring runs!
Was next to him on the field, and he's a big dude. Idk why I had him being smaller than what I've read.
Gut says tomorrow night is his breakout game. A hundo and a tuddie!

Bet accordingly!
Originally posted by krizay:
Gut says tomorrow night is his breakout game. A hundo and a tuddie!

Bet accordingly!

Yeah, got that feeling too. He was used sparingly and CMC pretty much carried most of the load especially when Deebo went down just last Sunday. Safe to assume the team will get to limit CMC's carries and give them to Mason/Coleman/TDP.

We do not need a RB, under any circumstance. Those 3rds could've been used so much better. I get what Shanny was going for, but that was poor use of draft capital in two straight drafts in the same round.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
KS saving him for Seattle. Long, time-consuming drives to keep the ball out of the hands of Geno. Secure the division and the playoffs with Mason's jar-ring runs!
I hope this is the plan.
Share 49ersWebzone