There are 116 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I did $20 to get 50 yards
$5 for 60 and a TD
1 yard shy but all things considered I'll take my 50 yards.
Needs more carries. Just to spell CMC.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

So much of this over the next few weeks!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

So much of this over the next few weeks!

is this kid our version of BEAST MODE???

danggggg!!!
why shanny hiding this kid until 4q. mistake. putting him in early makes our run calls less predictable. more explosive plays for mccaffrey, fewer carries
I want to see more of him. Shanahan needs to stop running McCaffrey into the ground because with 30+ touches a game, he's not going to survive until the playoffs.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I want to see more of him. Shanahan needs to stop running McCaffrey into the ground because with 30+ touches a game, he's not going to survive until the playoffs.

This. Totally this.
He's a good player. Really helping us a lot. A little slow on the 40 time. Which showed on the long run. That's the only thing you can complain about. But overall a really good player.
He's averaging a ridiculous yards per carry. He should be in more as a change of pace. Yet he doesn't come in until the 4th. And he busts a 50+ yarder. #BeastMode2.0
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Dec 15, 2022 at 10:10 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
He's averaging a ridiculous yards per carry. He should be in more as a change of pace. Yet he doesn't come in until the 4th. And he busts a 50+ yarder. #BeastMode2.0

Yes they should play him more. Don't give too many carries to CMC. You could get him hurt.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yes they should play him more. Don't give too many carries to CMC. You could get him hurt.
i think we had him to help seal the game... but these next games he should see less work, i hope
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

i think we had him to help seal the game... but these next games he should see less work, i hope

CMC makes our overall offense work. When he's off the field, it's pretty clear what we're going to do on offense with Jordan Mason in the game.

But yes, obviously, we do need to ease the workload on CMC. I wouldn't say he's being driven to the ground, like when we were running Frank Gore up the gut 25 times a game during the Jimmy Raye era... some of the hits CMC has taken aren't necessarily big shots, but agreed... 30 touches is still 30 touches, no matter how you shake it.

I think it's more a case of, "When I take CMC out of the game, how will we attack as an offense?", because Jordan Mason doesn't offer you the same overall offensive threat that CMC does. The one instance where CMC came out, Jordan Mason came out and ran for one yard. Whereas, when we had Elijah Mitchell, Shanahan had more confidence to give Mitchell extended snaps.

I'm confident though that Shanahan will figure out how to bring in Mason and still have the offense being productive. His YPC is just too good to ignore.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

CMC makes our overall offense work. When he's off the field, it's pretty clear what we're going to do on offense with Jordan Mason in the game.

But yes, obviously, we do need to ease the workload on CMC. I wouldn't say he's being driven to the ground, like when we were running Frank Gore up the gut 25 times a game during the Jimmy Raye era... some of the hits CMC has taken aren't necessarily big shots, but agreed... 30 touches is still 30 touches, no matter how you shake it.

I think it's more a case of, "When I take CMC out of the game, how will we attack as an offense?", because Jordan Mason doesn't offer you the same overall offensive threat that CMC does. The one instance where CMC came out, Jordan Mason came out and ran for one yard. Whereas, when we had Elijah Mitchell, Shanahan had more confidence to give Mitchell extended snaps.

I'm confident though that Shanahan will figure out how to bring in Mason and still have the offense being productive. His YPC is just too good to ignore.
you don't need to take CMC out , to run it with Mason
The only downside to this game is that Mason did not get as many carries as he should have. I wonder if it is a trust issue, but I do hope that changes over these next 3 games. Let's run Mason more and save CMC for the playoffs.
It could potentially be CMC, Elijah and Mason in the playoffs. The ability to wear teams out could be tremendous.
Share 49ersWebzone