There are 127 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
The only downside to this game is that Mason did not get as many carries as he should have. I wonder if it is a trust issue, but I do hope that changes over these next 3 games. Let's run Mason more and save CMC for the playoffs.

I suspect it's that Jordan Mason can only run a certain package of plays effectively for us.
It looks like Shanahan loves to use him as a second half change up, fresh legs into a somewhat worn down defence. Today it was fourth quarter, so a little later than usual, but same pattern.

My other suspicion at the moment is that Shanahan is maximising game reps for Purdy with as full an option tree as he can, so that experience builds for him between now and the playoffs. Which means more CMC and less Mason.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I want to see more of him. Shanahan needs to stop running McCaffrey into the ground because with 30+ touches a game, he's not going to survive until the playoffs.

This. Totally this.

This is why shanny is coaching autistic. Makes no sense. Mason has earned it and has an entirely different skill set than McCaffrey and we NEED to preserve mccaffrey. If CMC gets hurt this game it's not surprising and everyone is singing a different tune.

Stop the madness. Play this kid. He was facing an entire defense bent to stop him and he averages like 6 a clip. Stop being dumb kyle.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

lol so much this bro

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

lol so much this bro

Very nice……….I LIKEEEEEEE vanilla face
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
It could potentially be CMC, Elijah and Mason in the playoffs. The ability to wear teams out could be tremendous.

Instead it's our RB he is trying to wear out
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I want to see more of him. Shanahan needs to stop running McCaffrey into the ground because with 30+ touches a game, he's not going to survive until the playoffs.

This. Totally this.

This is why shanny is coaching autistic. Makes no sense. Mason has earned it and has an entirely different skill set than McCaffrey and we NEED to preserve mccaffrey. If CMC gets hurt this game it's not surprising and everyone is singing a different tune.

Stop the madness. Play this kid. He was facing an entire defense bent to stop him and he averages like 6 a clip. Stop being dumb kyle.

Agreed. With our mediocre run blocking line Kyle needs to throw in different looks to keep the Run game effective. Switching around Mason and McCaffrey or putting both in the same set creates indecision for defenders. Plus you preserve McCaffrey and punish the defense more. What's not to like?
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Dec 16, 2022 at 4:46 AM ]
Why don't we run mason early and soften up the defense for mccaffery to carve them up?
Originally posted by CO9er4life:
Why don't we run mason early and soften up the defense for mccaffery to carve them up?

That's what he used to do with Wilson and Coleman. Mostert/Breida later.

But I believe his logic is to keep Juice out there and CMC draws so much attention off the ball, it helps establish the passing game.

But I'd love to see Mason tenderize the defense that's always gearing up early to stop our run tendency and then have CMC finish them off in the second half and preserve him.

I was screaming to get him in the game WAYYY earlier. CMC getting what felt like 50 touches last night. Kid can play and we don't need CMC to take a beating every game
Originally posted by elguapo:

lol so much this bro

Help me out. Who is this?
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by elguapo:

lol so much this bro

Help me out. Who is this?

Kyra Sedgewick (she's married to Kevin Bacon, but has had a good acting career in her own right).
Kyle Should have at least gave him some touches through the 3rd and 4th Q after we scored that 3rd touchdown to help wear down that Seahawks defense.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I have an idea about this situation.
I think that maybe Kyle wanted to hide Mason before the POs. Unfortunetaly, Elijah injured his knee again.
So Kyle has to play Mason a little bit but not that much.
There´s also the fact that Kyle wanted to win at Seattle and so he put the game in CMC´s hands.
It´s a shame because Jordan Mason is freaking good. It´s not even a closer thing. You could make the argument he´s the best RB in the team running up the middle.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Dec 16, 2022 at 8:25 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone