There are 138 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I was screaming to get him in the game WAYYY earlier. CMC getting what felt like 50 touches last night. Kid can play and we don't need CMC to take a beating every game

Mason finally came in for one snap in the 2nd half and I said, "OK, finally...here we go." Then he goes right back to the bench forever.

Maybe thl/JD have a theory schematically why it seems a bit reversed here from what Kyle's done in the past.

Edit. Never mind. I know why now.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 16, 2022 at 3:28 PM ]
Feed this man he's hungry
Kyle not putting mason in the game seems…. strange. It feels like the obvious right answer when the defense starts to fatigue a bit. He hits the hole quicker than CMC, doesn't dance, and gets to the second level often.

When the defense is gassed, put this dude (or any dude not named CMC) in the game

Edit: there are a few quirks in Kyle's game that are similar to this. Not QB sneaking on 4th downs, when our QB sneaks always work, for example. Do the obviously right things Kyle, pls pls.

edit 2: I can't even imagine the outrage if CMC would have got hurt in the late 3rd early 4th when we have a big lead. Not like there's a big drop off in performance (in the running game) when putting mason/Mitchell/anyone else in)… mason proved this by damn near taking it to the house last night
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Dec 16, 2022 at 9:02 AM ]
I like CMC's nickname for him.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Kyle not putting mason in the game seems…. strange. It feels like the obvious right answer when the defense starts to fatigue a bit. He hits the hole quicker than CMC, doesn't dance, and gets to the second level often.

When the defense is gassed, put this dude (or any dude not named CMC) in the game

Edit: there are a few quirks in Kyle's game that are similar to this. Not QB sneaking on 4th downs, when our QB sneaks always work, for example. Do the obviously right things Kyle, pls pls.

edit 2: I can't even imagine the outrage if CMC would have got hurt in the late 3rd early 4th when we have a big lead. Not like there's a big drop off in performance (in the running game) when putting mason/Mitchell/anyone else in)… mason proved this by damn near taking it to the house last night

Purdy didn't look good on QB sneak. He needs to get tips from Jimmy G.

CMC needed to be on the field to set up the play-fake. I don't think Kyle was comfortable calling a pass play with Mason on the field. The game was too close to take the pass off the table until the final drive.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

CMC needed to be on the field to set up the play-fake. I don't think Kyle was comfortable calling a pass play with Mason on the field. The game was too close to take the pass off the table until the final drive.

Yeah I'm speaking specifically of Jimmy lining up in shotgun on 4th and shorts instead of qb sneaks… happened 3 times this year.

Obvious running downs are obvious. Don't need CMC pounding the rock late in the game. Obviously, that's just my opinion. I thought the same thing last year in regards to Deebo.
Why does the team even use draft picks on RB anymore?
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Yeah, I mean, Jimmy has the 2nd-best QB sneak I've seen; Purdy looks like he has the 2nd-worst I've seen, (and I don't even know who the other guy is, I just said 2nd-worst for the symmetry! lol).
Stop being stubborn Shanahan, give this guy some carries specially short yardage. Geez!
Go through times during the game where he just pounds the rock play after play.

Is Kyle saving him for a Big Breakout game in the Playoffs?
Originally posted by JDTical:

To motivate our UDFA rbs duh
He needs more carries or CMC is going to get beat down physically.
Originally posted by JDTical:

Shouldn't be permitted.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
He needs more carries or CMC is going to get beat down physically.

I honestly figured this would be the game. Weak run D, short week, Purdy with the injury, why not? I don't get it. The guy just keeps delivering in limited opportunities.
Share 49ersWebzone