There are 143 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He needs more work.

The more he works the better he gets.
What happened to this guy today?
Would like to see him off of ST as he's needed healthy in being that effective, change of pace hammer RB to complement CMC. At least until Mitchell returns.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:

got hurt on special teams, found out it wasn't serious but they wanted to be cautious and they let TDP play.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for libertyforever.

Maybe this is his turn to get into the dog house.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Dec 24, 2022 at 9:04 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

got hurt on special teams, found out it wasn't serious but they wanted to be cautious and they let TDP play.
Mason came back in on ST later and even made a tackle
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yeah, he had a hammy earlier in the week and I saw him say something to Kyle after he came to the sidelines. I'm pretty sure he just let him know he aggravated it a bit and wasn't going to go as a RB for the day. TDP took over from there. I'm sure Kyle asked him to keep it real as there was no need to press the issue.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah, he had a hammy earlier in the week and I saw him say something to Kyle after he came to the sidelines. I'm pretty sure he just let him know he aggravated it a bit and wasn't going to go as a RB for the day. TDP took over from there. I'm sure Kyle asked him to keep it real as there was no need to press the issue.

If that is what he was saying, that seems really smart and mature for the rookie.
The character of this team is impressive! They can flat out play, too! Hahaha
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by NCommand:

If that is what he was saying, that seems really smart and mature for the rookie.
The character of this team is impressive! They can flat out play, too! Hahaha

Damn straight!
I am shocked that I haven't seen more discussion about Mason's impact/contribution for this game vs the Eagles. IMO, Mason is the wildcard for this game. He is the perfect weapon against the Eagles defense! 245 lbs RB who can punish a defense. I might be in the minority here, but I would rather see a combo of McCaffrey and Mason vs McCaffrey and Mitchell vs the Eagles.

Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I am shocked that I haven't seen more discussion about Mason's impact/contribution for this game vs the Eagles. IMO, Mason is the wildcard for this game. He is the perfect weapon against the Eagles defense! 245 lbs RB who can punish a defense. I might be in the minority here, but I would rather see a combo of McCaffrey and Mason vs McCaffrey and Mitchell vs the Eagles.

I honestly thought that his running style would have worked do well against Dallas.. just straight up the gut or OFF TACKLE kinda running game..
Originally posted by 9moon:

I honestly thought that his running style would have worked do well against Dallas.. just straight up the gut or OFF TACKLE kinda running game..
Yes! I agree 100%!! I love Mitchell, but I need to see more Mason in this game!!!
[ Edited by DynastyPart2 on Jan 27, 2023 at 11:02 PM ]

245 lbs? Has Mason been spending time with Trent Brown? Because he was 223 lbs at his Pro Day.

But jokes aside, he's definitely the biggest body they have in the backfield. I'd love to see him get some carries and in the words of Beast Mode: "run through a motherf**ka face."

I am 100% behind this. I'm not saying give him 20 carries, but there is a significant opportunity to flip the script here. The Eagles are likely game planning for a steady diet of McCaffrey screens, shifts, and playing out wide.

I say let's go big, and pound Mason up the middle in the first half. Let him pound on them, and when they start getting tired bring in a fresh CMC.

As a side note, I'm not crazy about CMC on the side line. As a wrinkle, the Niners could have a situational package to go 21 personnel with CMC and Mason.
[ Edited by Butter on Jan 28, 2023 at 10:25 AM ]
Please sweet baby jesus let's see this kid get a chance to play and make a positive impact. Imo he's the real deal as far being a good power back. Hopefully he can build on the success he's already shown.
Share 49ersWebzone