LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
IN short, we did a POOR job scouting this kid... how did we NOT know or even question his blocking IQ because we drafted him EARLY..

I'm not trying to compare him to any great backs, but c'mon... we've seen a very good RUNNER who was not all that of a blocker..

PLUS, do we really sit a talented RB because he can't block??

he was a UDFA for a reason
Happy for Mason yo get the TD early, love watching him run. He is just a mauler, I hope he can get more opportunities.
Originally posted by Patton:
Happy for Mason yo get the TD early, love watching him run. He is just a mauler, I hope he can get more opportunities.

Ditto
Danggggg... had 24 been used since the Browns game, he would have had 6 TDs already...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree 💯%, Marshawn Lynch 2.0
Originally posted by Giedi:

BEEN tellin yah'll !!! BABY BEAST MODE !!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
IN short, we did a POOR job scouting this kid... how did we NOT know or even question his blocking IQ because we drafted him EARLY..

I'm not trying to compare him to any great backs, but c'mon... we've seen a very good RUNNER who was not all that of a blocker..

PLUS, do we really sit a talented RB because he can't block??

he was a UDFA for a reason

His college numbers weren't spectacular, just ordinary in my opinion. But he's a gem in our system.
Originally posted by Giedi:

BEEN tellin yah'll !!! BABY BEAST MODE !!

He resembles Isiah Pacheco to me
Loved seeing him catch a pass! I'd like to see more Mason over Mitchell
If he can improve his pass blocking he'd see a lot more playing time.

IMO, the more he plays the better he gets.

40 carries averaging 5.2 per carry.

No idea what he needs to do to usurp Mitchell and get more carries.

The most amazing part I find is he's big and still ripping off huge runs and super fast.

Baby beast mode needs to play more and get a lot more carries. He needs to be the vulture to In short yardage as well. Guy seems to be a beast in short yardage which is mcaffreys weakness.
Mitchell has looked fresh but I can see Mason getting some more snaps as the playoffs go on.
There's a conspiracy online among some 49ers fans that we've been hiding Mason so we can unleash him in the playoffs.

I don't agree with this, obviously, but I do hope he gets more playing time.

Especially around the goal line or late in games when we want to run out the clock.

Mason is a good player that could really help us.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
There's a conspiracy online among some 49ers fans that we've been hiding Mason so we can unleash him in the playoffs.

Especially around the goal line or late in games when we want to run out the clock.

Has Kyle done that in any previous playoff contests? Suddenly unleash a player that opposing teams had not planned for?

The only example that comes to mind is when Shanahan released Mostert in the 2019 playoffs. The 49ers had a three-headed threat in the regular season: Mostert, Breida and Coleman. While Mostert had the most carries during the regular season, Breida wasn't far behind. But I think Mostert probably made the biggest impact in the playoff games.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

these saving 49ers has been an urban legend for awhile now..
Share 49ersWebzone