There are 139 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I had to go to bed right after the game ended. What happened that caused Mason to be upset?

Nevermind. I found it in the gameday thread.

I miss the old NFL - when it was still a sport (legally) and teams exercised "gamesmanship."

Jordan Mason said after the game he knew he was going to start by Friday, even though we didn't hear the CMC news until a few hours before kickoff. Shanahan didn't like it

When he said Friday I said ooooo.. oops. I cannot imagine Kyle being that mad at him tbh. He is not used to the media and is just focused on football. Also, he can simply go revisionist route and say coach told me there's a good chance Friday night so keep that in mind etc.

Perhaps he misread the question as he was caught up in the moment of a great performance. Imo the coaches told him on Friday to be ready JUST IN CASE cmc couldn't go.

Blame the PR team for not prepping him for postgame interviews with the media.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Sep 10, 2024 at 9:25 AM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Blame the PR team for not preparing him for postgame interviews.

They should have sent someone else out, he was terrified.
Extend Mason NOW, 3yr deal, RB2 money, well worth it, he's gonna get tendered as a RFA at the 2nd rd level IMO, so get him extended, save some cap room next year when it comes to the RFA tender.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by babarvaart:
Blame the PR team for not preparing him for postgame interviews.

They should have sent someone else out, he was terrified.

he was easily the player of the game though lol
from now on he'll do all media wearing shades and saying I'm just here so I don't get fined
problem solved
on to Minnesota
We all already knew this dude can play. Let's see if he can sustain that level of play with a bigger workload as the primary 'back. Mason admitted after the game that he doesn't know how CMC does it for a full season.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 10, 2024 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
from now on he'll do all media wearing shades and saying I'm just here so I don't get fined
problem solved
on to Minnesota

I know we're supposed to hate him, but Lynch is a BOSS
Perhaps he misread the question as he was caught up in the moment of a great performance. Imo the coaches told him on Friday to be ready JUST IN CASE cmc couldn't go.

Screw all of this. This shouldn't be an issue at all. He didn't break any league rules.

Gambling has ruined sports. And yes, this is what this was all about. Some important people lost a ton of money this week and it made its way up the chain.

This was that young man's time to shine and he got chewed out for a simple question or a misunderstanding. I hope it wasn't Kyle that got up Mason's behind for this. It's in very poor taste.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Sep 10, 2024 at 9:42 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
problem solved
on to Minnesota

Oddly enough he played like Marshawn last night.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Screw all of this. This shouldn't be an issue at all. He didn't break any league rules.

Gambling has ruined sports. And yes, this is what this was all about. Some important people lost a ton of money this week and it made its way up the chain.

This was that young man's time to shine and he got chewed out for a simple question or a misunderstanding. I hope it wasn't Kyle that got up Mason's behind for this. It's in very poor taste.

How do we know he was chewed out? Sorry if I missed that part

Well the emergence of Mason comes at a great time for the San Francisco 49ers. Christian McAffery appears to have an injury that could keep him out or limited for the foreseeable future. What seemed different about the offense with Mason at RB is that the team appeared much more physical than they were last season. Jordan Mason has earned more playing time even when CMC returns. The New York Jets have a tough defense, particular up front, and the 49ers were able to push them around a bit. Let's see if the 49ers can carry their momentum into the Minnesota game.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Sep 10, 2024 at 9:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Silky:

I can't answer your question but the change in Mason's demeanor between the on field interview and the press room interview is dramatic. It's clear something happened and based on what he said it's likely related to the question of when he found out he would start.

I feel really bad for him. After finally doing what he dreamed of doing all his life he has sadness over a few words said after a game. It totally should not matter but obviously did to someone. Or else Mason wouldn't have looked in the verge of tears in the press room interview. I hope someone can pick him up, tell him it's okay and he can put that behind him and enjoy his accomplishment.
Originally posted by Silky:

We dont know. People just think because he was annoyed by Maiocco's question.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Extend Mason NOW, 3yr deal, RB2 money, well worth it, he's gonna get tendered as a RFA at the 2nd rd level IMO, so get him extended, save some cap room next year when it comes to the RFA tender.

THIS. Dude would be a 1,500 yard rusher if he was the feature back.

This, IDG a single f**k for gamblers. They should not be a consideration.
Share 49ersWebzone