There are 151 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Guy is a real wordsmith
Jordan would be a starter on most teams.
Originally posted by Hopper:

That run where he made Sauce tackle an invisible player and played with grass was beautiful.
Soft Gardner crapped himself seeing Mason and Deebo.
Originally posted by Bellaleo:

That's not what they pay Gardner for but it was funny. Better strap up if you're going to tackle a niners ball carrier
What's dumb is that we said all last season to play Mason more to spell CMC. Now we have an injured CMC instead
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dhp318:
What's dumb is that we said all last season to play Mason more to spell CMC. Now we have an injured CMC instead

yeah, at least Achillies tendinitis can be cured with rest and relaxation. Or so says Google...
The Ma$e is On !!! GO GO GO !!!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
my fave ESPN projection after week 1:

JP Mason 476 carries 2499 rush yds

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4360569/jordan-mason

I'll be disappointed If he doesn't hit those numbers now.

Originally posted by Bellaleo:

it was weak sauce
Like so many here on this topic, I'm so elated that we kept him.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Patton:
^ Good point on the amount of plays regarding Mason. Either way, Mason needs more carries if for nothing more than to give CMC a break. Mitchell for whatever reason isn't producing. Maybe Mason isn't up to par on his protection assignments, if that's the case in Kyles mind, he needs to use Mason solely as a runner. He's earned the chance to get more plays.

the offense is predicated on play action. it'll become apparent to defenses that theyre gonna run the ball with Mason. Kyle's not one to tip his hand.

look i think JP is a hell of a runner but he still has deficiencies that will keep him from getting significant touches unless injuries force it.

No one is CMC, but with the way Mitchell is performing, I don't think Mason is a liability in the pass game like people assume he is, especially compared to Mitchell right now.

He looked good running route(s) a couple weeks ago.

Kyle is a great coach, but he's had issues with his RB usage.

Remember Mostert's performance in the SB.... or lack thereof? Now he's balling in Miami.

If Kyle truly doesn't trust him, he should trade for Patterson from the Falcons. Get someone in here that can actually take reps away from CMC.

Mason's lack of pass pro awareness directly led to an intentional grounding in the CLE loss while the Niners had the lead. that kind of stuff is just not gonna fly with Kyle. while Mitchell looks like a shell of his former self as a runner, he's still a better blocker right now.

I wonder how many pass blocking reps he's had though. It can't be more than a handful.

I understand if he's proven over and over he can't do it, but you don't get better at something by sitting on the bench.

lol you also dont continue to put your QB in harms way hoping a kid will figure it out. this is the NFL not a development league.

all of this will be less of an issue when Deebo returns. he's the real #2 RB in this offense.

Kyle's been more than comfortable with offensive lineman and tight end's who are dreadful at pass blocking.

I just watched our backup TE (warner?) in the backfield completely whiff on his assignment in the A gap, I'm sure he's getting plenty of playing time next week as well.

There's a balance between having your best blockers vs best runners in the game. Kyle can't have everything. Sometimes you need to sacrifice something. And right now he's sacrificing his the playmaking aspect because he believes Mitchell is a better blocker.

the performances at other positions have nothing to do with the RB position. again, JP is a liability. it's up to him to improve to see more snaps.

Kyle is doing what he feels is best for his offense.

"Kyle cant have everything" lol NT never change.

Jordan "the liability" Mason….
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Patton:
^ Good point on the amount of plays regarding Mason. Either way, Mason needs more carries if for nothing more than to give CMC a break. Mitchell for whatever reason isn't producing. Maybe Mason isn't up to par on his protection assignments, if that's the case in Kyles mind, he needs to use Mason solely as a runner. He's earned the chance to get more plays.

the offense is predicated on play action. it'll become apparent to defenses that theyre gonna run the ball with Mason. Kyle's not one to tip his hand.

look i think JP is a hell of a runner but he still has deficiencies that will keep him from getting significant touches unless injuries force it.

No one is CMC, but with the way Mitchell is performing, I don't think Mason is a liability in the pass game like people assume he is, especially compared to Mitchell right now.

He looked good running route(s) a couple weeks ago.

Kyle is a great coach, but he's had issues with his RB usage.

Remember Mostert's performance in the SB.... or lack thereof? Now he's balling in Miami.

If Kyle truly doesn't trust him, he should trade for Patterson from the Falcons. Get someone in here that can actually take reps away from CMC.

Mason's lack of pass pro awareness directly led to an intentional grounding in the CLE loss while the Niners had the lead. that kind of stuff is just not gonna fly with Kyle. while Mitchell looks like a shell of his former self as a runner, he's still a better blocker right now.

I wonder how many pass blocking reps he's had though. It can't be more than a handful.

I understand if he's proven over and over he can't do it, but you don't get better at something by sitting on the bench.

lol you also dont continue to put your QB in harms way hoping a kid will figure it out. this is the NFL not a development league.

all of this will be less of an issue when Deebo returns. he's the real #2 RB in this offense.

Kyle's been more than comfortable with offensive lineman and tight end's who are dreadful at pass blocking.

I just watched our backup TE (warner?) in the backfield completely whiff on his assignment in the A gap, I'm sure he's getting plenty of playing time next week as well.

There's a balance between having your best blockers vs best runners in the game. Kyle can't have everything. Sometimes you need to sacrifice something. And right now he's sacrificing his the playmaking aspect because he believes Mitchell is a better blocker.

the performances at other positions have nothing to do with the RB position. again, JP is a liability. it's up to him to improve to see more snaps.

Kyle is doing what he feels is best for his offense.

"Kyle cant have everything" lol NT never change.

Jordan "the liability" Mason….

"Performances at other positions have nothing to do with the RB position?"

Lol whoa.
Originally posted by Hopper:

I would not have guessed he lead the league in this, but I did not watch every NFL game.

To me I was focused on the running lanes he had...I think most RBs with NFL levels of talent would have had a really good game.

Dude should be really consistent if he has the best ability in the NFL to force missed tackles, cause the line is good, and should get better as they gel over the season
Share 49ersWebzone