Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 213 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- 2022 Game 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- 2022 Game 2

Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:
Still sad about lance ....the kid to me is a extremely important piece for us in the playoffs jimmy aint the guy we allready know what happens when he takes us to the dance

Here me out… what if Jimmy worked on his deep ball mechanics and got a bit more hair on his balls this off-season?

I doubt it. It's going to be the same old ugly, sometimes frustrating, other times playing well Jimmy. It'll win games us but it's hardly ever pretty.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 18, 2022 at 4:15 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Ninerforever:
lol karma? Jimmy cant stay healthy. He throws dumb picks regularly. He is awful in playoff games. Moving on from him wasn't grounds for "karma". We gave him 4.5 years and he peaked below the necessary level to win championships.

But yet, all he does is win..strange huh?

What do we have to show for all those wins?

A couple legit shots to win the SB.

Can't win the SB if you don't win some games in the regular season.

I think he "could" be ok if Kyle didnt F Up his 4th quarter playcalling. Defense needs to play smarter with a lead too
lol karma? Jimmy cant stay healthy. He throws dumb picks regularly. He is awful in playoff games. Moving on from him wasn't grounds for "karma". We gave him 4.5 years and he peaked below the necessary level to win championships.

31 teams should give up already since they will all come up short.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Glad to get the W, but overall very frustrated due to Lance taking a season ending (most likely) injury.

We have enough injury issues on this team without tempting fate like that.

If it's season ending, best case is he takes the time to reflect on what he truly needs to improve on (SPEEDING UP, especially in the quick game, and accuracy), and watches a ton of film.

The goal is to win the SB. The regular season wins don't mean anything if he is awful in the playoffs. You need elite QB play to win a SB. Jimmy doesn't give us that.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I never before felt so sick after a win. Our future just took a hit. But I suppose the Jimmy fans are happy as they get 1 more year of Jimmy. And make no mistake, This is Jimmy's last year.

Even if he wins the SB?

Most likely. 49ers will still want the long term prospects of Lance. Jimmy will want a huge contract from another team via free agency and will price himself out of 49ers budget if he wins SB.
Originally posted by Crown:
I never before felt so sick after a win. Our future just took a hit. But I suppose the Jimmy fans are happy as they get 1 more year of Jimmy. And make no mistake, This is Jimmy's last year.

Even if he wins the SB?

Most likely. 49ers will still want the long term prospects of Lance. Jimmy will want a huge contract from another team via free agency and will price himself out of 49ers budget if he wins SB.

This.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

you may be right, but it's sooooooo funny to hear this line again, and again, and again the last several years, yet here we are.

Dumb post are dumb
Are we really gonna roll with Purdy?
This is Jimmy's last year.

Sure it is

Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
If it's season ending, best case is he takes the time to reflect on what he truly needs to improve on (SPEEDING UP, especially in the quick game, and accuracy), and watches a ton of film.

You can only get that by playing.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Defense forces 3 turnovers today. 49ers win 24-6

I was damn close on this one.
The goal is to win the SB. The regular season wins don't mean anything if he is awful in the playoffs. You need elite QB play to win a SB. Jimmy doesn't give us that.

No you dont. You need an elite defense, and avg QB play. Anything above average is a bonus.

The goal is to win the SB, but you have to be pretty cynical and a truly debbie downer person to watch regular season wins and get zero enjoyment out of them. "I'll enjoy these regular season wins and playoff wins ONLY if they win the SB. Otherwise I've wasted my time and would have rather cut myself" - perpetually unhappy whiner fans.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 18, 2022 at 4:20 PM ]

Actually, I'm happy because the better QB at this point in time is currently playing in a year where the team is built to win now, not a rebuilding team that can sacrifice right now performance for future development.

*I've also heard the "make no mistake, this is Jimmy's last year" thing before.

I'm unhappy because I never want to see a player injured, especially one of our own, especially a young player who's career is just getting started and can be upended or outright derailed with an injury like this. If Trey were to get replaced, I wanted it to come from his play, not by injury. Ideally, he wouldn't have to be replaced at all, and his performance would prove that he was good enough in the right now.

Unfortunately, we won't get to see that.

Fortunately, we have a competent and capable QB to take over with an insanely high win percentage in the regular season, and wins 2/3's of his games in the post-season. Our chances of a deep playoff run and Super Bowl appearance probably just went up, to be perfectly honest.
Share 49ersWebzone