There are 128 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- 2022 Game 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- 2022 Game 2

Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Are we really gonna roll with Purdy?

As backup? Yes. No team can survive losing their Top 2 QBs. Why would we be any different?
The Jimmy Haters get another year to hate, hate, and hate a little more.
Originally posted by captveg:
The goal is to win the SB, but you have to a cynical and truly debbie downer person to watch regular season wins and get zero enjoyment out of them. "I'll enjoy these regular season wins and playoff wins ONLY if they win the SB. Otherwise I've wasted my time and would have rather cut myself" - perpetually unhappy whiner fans.

Man, I'd hate to have seen if the internet existed during Steve Young's days before he won a Suoer Bowl, because the logic of the "anybody but Jimmy's" is if you don't win it all in your first try then clearly you don't have what it takes to win it ever.
Originally posted by Ninerforever:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol karma? Jimmy cant stay healthy. He throws dumb picks regularly. He is awful in playoff games. Moving on from him wasn't grounds for "karma". We gave him 4.5 years and he peaked below the necessary level to win championships.

But yet, all he does is win..strange huh?

Nothing strange about it. He wins a lot because he throws a lot of first downs. His 1D% is impeccable. That is why he wins. He struggles in the post-season because his game (thus far) has been too centered on the middle of the field, which good, playoff defenses exploit.

If he keeps the 1D% high and gets good at attacking the outside more, the team can win the Super Bowl.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Sep 18, 2022 at 4:20 PM ]
lol karma? Jimmy cant stay healthy. He throws dumb picks regularly. He is awful in playoff games. Moving on from him wasn't grounds for "karma". We gave him 4.5 years and he peaked below the necessary level to win championships.

What do we have to show for all those wins?

A couple legit shots to win the SB.

Can't win the SB if you don't win some games in the regular season.

The goal is to win the SB. The regular season wins don't mean anything if he is awful in the playoffs. You need elite QB play to win a SB. Jimmy doesn't give us that.

The goal is to win the SB, but you have to be pretty cynical and a truly debbie downer person to watch regular season wins and get zero enjoyment out of them. "I'll enjoy these regular season wins and playoff wins ONLY if they win the SB. Otherwise I've wasted my time and would have rather cut myself" - perpetually unhappy whiner fans.

💯
Originally posted by billbird2111:
The Jimmy Haters get another year to hate, hate, and hate a little more.

Yep. Lame.
Its about damn time we gave Seattle a real spanking.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

you may be right, but it's sooooooo funny to hear this line again, and again, and again the last several years, yet here we are.

They are not paying an average QB $40 Million a year. Even $30 Million is too much. They have to pay Bosa and others.
Originally posted by ady2glude707:
The goal is to win the SB. The regular season wins don't mean anything if he is awful in the playoffs. You need elite QB play to win a SB. Jimmy doesn't give us that.

No you dont. You need an elite defense, and avg QB play. Anything above average is a bonus.

Why didn't Jimmy get it done in 2019 and 2021 then? I was a big Jimmy supporter until last year. I'd seen enough. He's not good enough to win a Super Bowl. He can't stay healthy and he repeatedly makes bonehead mistakes. We know what Jimmy is at this point.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
If it's season ending, best case is he takes the time to reflect on what he truly needs to improve on (SPEEDING UP, especially in the quick game, and accuracy), and watches a ton of film.

You can only get that by playing.

I think you can get that in PRACTICE if you consciously focus every play on speed speed speed.

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

The goal is to win the SB, but you have to be pretty cynical and a truly debbie downer person to watch regular season wins and get zero enjoyment out of them. "I'll enjoy these regular season wins and playoff wins ONLY if they win the SB. Otherwise I've wasted my time and would have rather cut myself" - perpetually unhappy whiner fans.

💯

Ive seen plenty of winning seasons. This franchise is supposed to be SB or the season is a failure. Were not the Lions, just happy to win 9 games.
Why didn't Jimmy get it done in 2019 and 2021 then? I was a big Jimmy supporter until last year. I'd seen enough. He's not good enough to win a Super Bowl. He can't stay healthy and he repeatedly makes bonehead mistakes. We know what Jimmy is at this point.

Youre right he has his limitations, but you dont "need elite QB play to win a SB"
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

💯

Ive seen plenty of winning seasons. This franchise is supposed to be SB or the season is a failure. Were not the Lions, just happy to win 9 games.

That's a lame way to look at it. The most super bowls won by a team are 6. That means that they have failed every other seasons than those, according to your lame view point.
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Are we really gonna roll with Purdy?

As backup? Yes. No team can survive losing their Top 2 QBs. Why would we be any different?

Most can't survive losing the starter
Originally posted by JTB1974:
They are not paying an average QB $40 Million a year. Even $30 Million is too much. They have to pay Bosa and others.

You guys say they'd every year though. How about wait for things to pan out, the season JUST STARTED!
Share 49ersWebzone