There are 169 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- 2022 Game 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- 2022 Game 2

• thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by thl408:
The 49ers OL versus SEA DL matchup is going to be really interesting in the run game. This SEA DL is built to defeat outside zone - they are huge in the interior to help keep their LBs clean on outside zone runs. Kyle has tried to stay one step ahead of the league by diversifying his run game with scheme and skillset of his OL and RBs. Today will be a test.
Versus NE, where Hoodie used scheme to combat outside zone, Kyle quickly attacked the edges with fly sweeps. Perhaps a similar game plan to avoid the area of the field where these huge DTs are roaming.

Well said. I'm a bit worried if I'm being honest. Those are some massive boys inside for Seattle. I did hear they were struggling with their gap assignments from a Seahawk fan since they're still trying to acclimate to their new scheme. Let's hope that issue continues.

Rain makes these games more competitive than they should be.

No defense is perfect so having these big DTs has its disadvantages. Perhaps quick WR screens to get the DTs chasing to the sidelines, get them winded, then hit them with the combo blocks in the run game.
Passing game wise, these DTs may be more susceptible to playaction and if the 49ers can block that edge OLB, then the bootleg game could be effective.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Rain again? How much rain are we talking about? This team doesn't play well in the rain.

According to accuweather, which is my favorite weather tracker site, it should only be raining right before the game and the whole game should be rain-free

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/santa-clara/95050/hourly-weather-forecast/331977
  • thl408
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Rain again? How much rain are we talking about? This team doesn't play well in the rain.

According to accuweather, which is my favorite weather tracker site, it should only be raining right before the game and the whole game should be rain-free

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/santa-clara/95050/hourly-weather-forecast/331977

Doesn't matter what the meteorologist says, Trey gonna make it rain all day, and night.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Doesn't matter what the meteorologist says, Trey gonna make it rain all day, and night.

LOL.
Love to see Trey have a game today. Go 9ers.
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
I hate to say it but Mike Mcdaniel might be a better play caller than shanny
Originally posted by q0c0p:

This

Based on one game in bad weather?

lol base off 1.25 games
Originally posted by Niners99:

Based on 6 years of watching shanahans play calling.

What time is kickoff? 1:05?
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Based on 6 years of watching shanahans play calling.

With McDaniel…

You have no idea what was Shanny and what was McDaniel.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
With McDaniel…

You have no idea what was Shanny and what was McDaniel.

This
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
This

it's like he stole all of kyle's designs but his sequencing is much better. and he plays to his players' strengths. kyle runs qb power and is scared to go on 4th and 1's
[ Edited by q0c0p on Sep 18, 2022 at 11:05 AM ]
Lets get this one fellas!!
Share 49ersWebzone