SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
The defense is fantastic.

The offense is not good. The running game is really lacking that playmaker that mostert and even brieda brought in 2019. Without an explosive running back this offense isn't putting more than 17 to 24 points.

It's like Steve Young said with short preseason and starters not really playing.. first 4 are kinda like the new preseason..

I expect offense to pick up as we go especially as JG gets more rhythm / arm fitness and we get more health at rb

I expect D to have ups and downs.. will be hard to maintain this all year.. seasons have an ebb and flow

to navigate the early season 2-2 is pretty good and in first place.. we are the most talented team in our div imo.. just have to prove it

If the passing offense gets better than it was tonight, it's not because Jimmy "shook off the rust." It's because he got better.

I still haven't seen much downfield since he came back.. I mean even moreso than normal..

Arm fatigue was mentioned post game he's still dealing with it is my understanding.. plan today was very screen heavy.. was not on the same page with Kittle on an incompletion as well..

Steve was talking about timing saying it takes longer to establish that on offense and offense tends to start slower than D.. which we are seeing

I think the screen heavy play-calling was a means of attacking the Rams excellent pass rush. This is why I've said many times he is the ideal qB to beat the Rams (aside from the elite QBs, of course). He gets rid of the ball extremely fast and is usually great in the screen game.

That makes sense. No Trent plus Aaron Donald can be a recipe for disaster if you are asking JG to hold the ball

Slants and screens are how you beat them, and we happen to have one of the best QBs in the league at those two things.
My video of Red Smoke Dude getting smashed by Bobby Wagner. Enjoy!

Originally posted by Psinex:

Best tackle the lambs had all day.

Best tackle the lambs had all day.

1 and only time I cheered for Wagner
Originally posted by thl408:
Jimmy was f**king awesome compared to last week. Very low bar to clear. Need this no-turnover Jimmy all year.

He was ok, but still missed too many guys. This game isn't a great barometer because he knows the Rams really well. He's 7-0 against them in the regular season, so he's comfortable with the formula they employ and knows what to expect.

Id like to see him play well against an opponent that can cause him more confusion.

Players should really stop doing that. If dude cracks his head and dies Wagner gets sued and faces charges.

What an idiot

• Shifty
  • Veteran
My reaction to the Hufanga game sealing Pick Six. What a great game overall "Same old sorry ass Rams!"

Originally posted by Niners99:

Players should really stop doing that. If dude cracks his head and dies Wagner gets sued and faces charges.

I seriously thought the big red blotch on the field at the 38 yard line was blood.
So this is good news.
Our running game is not where it needs to be. Not good. We leave guys like Juice, Kittle into block and this is the result? We definitely cant ask Jimmy to win games for us so get the running game going or its going be trouble.

Originally posted by TD49ers:
Our running game is not where it needs to be. Not good. We leave guys like Juice, Kittle into block and this is the result? We definitely cant ask Jimmy to win games for us so get the running game going or its going be trouble.

Damn near every pass was a long handoff. What we need is a vertical game to open up the D.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by TD49ers:

Damn near every pass was a long handoff. What we need is a vertical game to open up the D.

I 2nd this.
Originally posted by Shifty:
My reaction to the Hufanga game sealing Pick Six. What a great game overall "Same old sorry ass Rams!"

Get loud bro, you sound like you're holding back lol
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
By the way, I don't know how you guys felt, but I thoroughly enjoyed the new look Monday Night Football broadcast with Aikman and Buck at the helm. It sounded fresh, informative, and the techno music to highlight plays was hyping me up. It brought back memories of the good ole days when MNF was fun to watch
Originally posted by DrEll:
By the way, I don't know how you guys felt, but I thoroughly enjoyed the new look Monday Night Football broadcast with Aikman and Buck at the helm. It sounded fresh, informative, and the techno music to highlight plays was hyping me up. It brought back memories of the good ole days when MNF was fun to watch

I still REAAALLY don't like Aikman and Buck but I'll take them over that moron collinsworth any day
Share 49ersWebzone