LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 229 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Anyone have an explanation for the last play of the first half?
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Probably trying to avoid this

It was 4th down with a few seconds left on the clock. Jenning's was wide open down the side line. Jimmy threw it but I couldn't tell if it was batted at the LOS or not. That thing was a dead duck that hit the ground well short of Jennings.
It was 4th down with a few seconds left on the clock. Jenning's was wide open down the side line. Jimmy threw it but I couldn't tell if it was batted at the LOS or not. That thing was a dead duck that hit the ground well short of Jennings.

What do you think the Rams are defending on the last play of the half? They are protecting the endzone. JJ was doubled. JG realized this is not on.. meaning he's not open.. throw it wayyyy out of bounds intentionally.. go into halftime.

They way the TV broadcast captured the play you can't see the defender who's like 5 yards away from JJ he's off the screen (Ramsey iirc) which dupes ppl into thinking JJ was uncovered.. he was not Rams had him very much accounted for

edit - this may surprise some.. but .. no.. the LA Rams do not allow us to run wide open go routes uncovered on final play of half.. would be nice but alas
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Oct 4, 2022 at 3:19 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

What do you think the Rams are defending on the last play of the half? They are protecting the endzone. JJ was doubled. JG realized this is not on.. meaning he's not open.. throw it wayyyy out of bounds intentionally.. go into halftime.

They way the TV broadcast captured the play you can't see the defender who's like 5 yards away from JJ he's off the screen (Ramsey iirc) which dupes ppl into thinking JJ was uncovered.. he was not Rams had him very much accounted for

Thanks for the explanation. That is what I was looking for. 👍

Practice ball for Jimmy.

accounted for or not.. you give JJ a chance ..wide open again

I too thought he was open. From my perspective it looked like Ramsey gave up on Jennings WELL BEFORE JG threw it.

Poor Aiyuk
Originally posted by krizay:

I too thought he was open. From my perspective it looked like Ramsey gave up on Jennings WELL BEFORE JG threw it.

The all22 will tell all. However, 4F6 has a pretty sound explanation imo.

Originally posted by krizay:

The all22 will tell all. However, 4F6 has a pretty sound explanation imo.
4F6 has all the excuses for his love.. so i wouldn't trust it for now

edit:
looking at the game now and JJ is wide open.. jimmy just has to throw to him
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 4, 2022 at 3:43 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
That playcall on 4th down to end the half was by design. They didn't want the Rams to have a punt return/blocked punt.
Originally posted by FL9er:
That playcall on 4th down to end the half was by design. They didn't want the Rams to have a punt return/blocked punt.

But if there was an opportunity, we shouldn't have taken it?

I too saw it on the broadcast as if JJ was wide open and the cb covering gave up.

exactly.. just throw it ahead of JJ. there was nothing in front of JJ and the EZ
Share 49ersWebzone