LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 229 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by FL9er:
That playcall on 4th down to end the half was by design. They didn't want the Rams to have a punt return/blocked punt.

But if there was an opportunity, we shouldn't have taken it?
exactly.. just throw it ahead of JJ. there was nothing in front of JJ and the EZ

Lol false.

Ask yourself what are the odds the Rams would allow our slowest wideout to get behind them on a final play of half situation wide as bleep open. Legit stop and ask yourself that. Ponder for a period of time. There is only one thing the Rams or any team would defend in that situation. The endzone / deep ball. They had it covered..
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
That playcall on 4th down to end the half was by design. They didn't want the Rams to have a punt return/blocked punt.

exactly.. just throw it ahead of JJ. there was nothing in front of JJ and the EZ

Lol false.

Ask yourself what are the odds the Rams would allow our slowest wideout to get behind them on a final play of half situation wide as bleep open. Legit stop and ask yourself that. Ponder for a period of time. There is only one thing the Rams or any team would defend in that situation. The endzone / deep ball. They had it covered..
it was single high safety and that safety stayed in the middle

a touch throw to JJ and it's an easy TD

please take another look
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 4, 2022 at 4:22 PM ]

Lol false.

and touch throw to JJ and it's a TD

please take another look

I did watch again just now.. see how nice I am Mr AllTheTime

ask and ye shall receive..

no one is out there running a route.. except JJ

It's a run heavy as bleep look. I am guessing the hope is Ramsey bites up on run?? And you sneak JJ past Ramsey that way. That's all I can think as a "best case".

That didn't happen. Course it didn't.. why the eff would Ramsey care about the run with 2 secs left in the half? Ramsey doesn't bite on anything. JJ is the one wideout and he's doubled by Ramsey and the safety. If you freeze when JJ is on our 47 yd line.. the ball is in the air.. Ramsey is Rams territory.. this is as I mentioned earlier, Ramsey is like 5 yards beyond JJ he has depth.. and a safety as you mention.. double covered.

Lol false.

please take another look

It's a run heavy as bleep look. I am guessing the hope is Ramsey bites up on run?? And you sneak JJ past Ramsey that way. That's all I can think as a "best case".

That didn't happen. Course it didn't.. why the eff would Ramsey care about the run with 2 secs left in the half? Ramsey doesn't bite on anything. JJ is the one wideout and he's doubled by Ramsey and the safety. If you freeze when JJ is on our 47 yd line.. the ball is in the air.. Ramsey is Rams territory.. this is as I mentioned earlier, Ramsey is like 5 yards beyond JJ he has depth.. and a safety as you mention.. double covered.
the safety is no where near JJ.

a touch throw to JJ is an easy TD or incomplete/ halftime

all QBs will take a chance on that

Lol false.

please take another look

Yes. You are correct.
Yes. You are correct.

It only took 13,000 posts

This is a new era. I am correct about a thing

Lol false.

please take another look

Yes. You are correct.

This
Originally posted by Tman:

Lol false.

please take another look

Yes. You are correct.

This

can you post the video so we can see please ?
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Lol false.

please take another look

Yes. You are correct.

This

can you post the video so we can see please ?
why ruin this with the truth

Lol false.

please take another look

Yes. You are correct.

This

Not to mention I'm 100000% sure Kyle said, "just heave it out of bounds to run down the clock. That way there's zero risk of a bad long snap on a punt or a blocked punt or them returning a punt for a TD.

If Jimmy does anything other than heave that ball out of bounds I promise you Kyle loses his sh--
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
It was 4th down with a few seconds left on the clock. Jenning's was wide open down the side line. Jimmy threw it but I couldn't tell if it was batted at the LOS or not. That thing was a dead duck that hit the ground well short of Jennings.

What do you think the Rams are defending on the last play of the half? They are protecting the endzone. JJ was doubled. JG realized this is not on.. meaning he's not open.. throw it wayyyy out of bounds intentionally.. go into halftime.

They way the TV broadcast captured the play you can't see the defender who's like 5 yards away from JJ he's off the screen (Ramsey iirc) which dupes ppl into thinking JJ was uncovered.. he was not Rams had him very much accounted for

edit - this may surprise some.. but .. no.. the LA Rams do not allow us to run wide open go routes uncovered on final play of half.. would be nice but alas

So you don't try to pass to him and give him a chance? Your explanation is good, but doesn't excuse not giving your playmakers a chance to possibly go down the field. Who knows ? Maybe a penalty if LA gives us a shot at a FG.

Comeon man !
Originally posted by DrEll:
It was 4th down with a few seconds left on the clock. Jenning's was wide open down the side line. Jimmy threw it but I couldn't tell if it was batted at the LOS or not. That thing was a dead duck that hit the ground well short of Jennings.

What do you think the Rams are defending on the last play of the half? They are protecting the endzone. JJ was doubled. JG realized this is not on.. meaning he's not open.. throw it wayyyy out of bounds intentionally.. go into halftime.

They way the TV broadcast captured the play you can't see the defender who's like 5 yards away from JJ he's off the screen (Ramsey iirc) which dupes ppl into thinking JJ was uncovered.. he was not Rams had him very much accounted for

edit - this may surprise some.. but .. no.. the LA Rams do not allow us to run wide open go routes uncovered on final play of half.. would be nice but alas

So you don't try to pass to him and give him a chance? Your explanation is good, but doesn't excuse not giving your playmakers a chance to possibly go down the field. Who knows ? Maybe a penalty if LA gives us a shot at a FG.

Comeon man !
finally some who gets it and is not trying to protect wittle jimmy
Originally posted by DrEll:

Comeon man !
finally some who gets it and is not trying to protect wittle jimmy

Madden is fun!
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Poor Aiyuk

Aiyuk needs to see the ball more guy is open a bunch out there
Share 49ersWebzone