LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 223 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2022 Game 4

Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
But if there was an opportunity, we shouldn't have taken it?

You'll have to ask the coach. I believe Kyle said after the game, he wanted to run off the last few seconds without giving the Rams another possession (I believe the call was to run off the last few seconds and throw it out of bounds?)

This is the stuff that is so silly. Jennings is literally only running down the field so we don't get an intentional grounding penalty and LA gets a FG try. It's a throwaway to run the 2 seconds off. The end. There's no plays Jennings isn't looking for the ball. There's no play there. The end.

But this is the discussion level over Jimmy

Say it louder for the 🤡 in the back
Originally posted by jonnydel:

You'll have to ask the coach. I believe Kyle said after the game, he wanted to run off the last few seconds without giving the Rams another possession (I believe the call was to run off the last few seconds and throw it out of bounds?)

This is the stuff that is so silly. Jennings is literally only running down the field so we don't get an intentional grounding penalty and LA gets a FG try. It's a throwaway to run the 2 seconds off. The end. There's no plays Jennings isn't looking for the ball. There's no play there. The end.

But this is the discussion level over Jimmy

I simply asked for an explanation on the play. That is it. Ya'll should quote the poster who was pressing for something that was made clear wasn't there.
Listening to Sirius radio NFL station today and everybody is talking about the Rams and their injuries and how that is why they got their butts kicked last night. But I'm wondering why they get all this sympathy. The Niners #1 RB is on injured reserve since game one injury. The Niners don't have a WR to "take the top off" the defense and they work the middle of the field more than most teams, Our O-line is starting two rookies at the guard position and a new center who was a cast-off. Oh and we were down to our third string LT. The Lambs have NO EXCUSES for playing like crap, they got their collective butts whipped by a better team. Go Niners!
Originally posted by eastie:
Listening to Sirius radio NFL station today and everybody is talking about the Rams and their injuries and how that is why they got their butts kicked last night. But I'm wondering why they get all this sympathy. The Niners #1 RB is on injured reserve since game one injury. The Niners don't have a WR to "take the top off" the defense and they work the middle of the field more than most teams, Our O-line is starting two rookies at the guard position and a new center who was a cast-off. Oh and we were down to our third string LT. The Lambs have NO EXCUSES for playing like crap, they got their collective butts whipped by a better team. Go Niners!

49ers get no love, ESPN has the Rams at 6th in power rankings and us 12th, ridiculous, shows how ESPN is BS.

And yeah, we get no sympathy, but I will say we're not the only team with major injuries, and a lot of them, all over the league are major injuries.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastie:

They're the defending SB champs. We aren't. That's why…
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

The good / great players don't always need the teacher telling them what to do. It's quite obvious what Kyle's intentions were…he was trying to burn clock to get it to halftime.

My qualm is that your starting quarterback, who has been in the system for 5 years, and should clearly be experienced enough to make his own decisions during real time game situations….did not see his receiver just streaming down the sideline. I'm pretty damn sure if Lafleur, Reed, Harbaugh etc had called the same exact throw away play for their QBs, they QB would have seen their guy running free down the field and given them a chance to make a play.

Jimmy did not, and I get it doesn't matter but it goes to show how slow he is in processing game time situations.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Gee, I thought we won this game but clearly with all of the discussion in here and in the Jimmy thread he must have missed a ton of throws that ended up costing us the game.

Can't imagine what game I must have been watching on Sunday. I seem to recall it being pretty much of a beatdown over a Division foe that left us tied for first in the Division with a head start on any potential tie breakers. Funny how your mind plays tricks on you as you get older.

You know what I find just as annoying as debating irrelevant plays like a designed throw out of bounds to ice the clock?

Are posters who continue to use the guise of a team win to tell others they shouldn't discuss negative plays.

I think it's ridiculous to blame Jimmy for potentially missing a WR on a designed clock kill play. I believe and have already stated that I'm happy with Jimmy's game this week due to his zero turnovers among other reasons.

But the only thing worse than unwarranted or simplistic arguments against Jimmy or Trey is posters who continue to try and limit discussion because they're biased for Jimmy or Trey.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
49ers get no love, ESPN has the Rams at 6th in power rankings and us 12th, ridiculous, shows how ESPN is BS.

And yeah, we get no sympathy, but I will say we're not the only team with major injuries, and a lot of them, all over the league are major injuries.

FYI, media "Power Rankings" are really quarterback rankings. They believe that we have the worst starting quarterback of the "good teams."
It was a good team win but without that pick 6 it is a lot closer as the team depends on the D a lot. Jimmy is going to have to play close to mistake free football or somehow find a way to get 21+ ppg on the board. If he can do one or the other, the 49ers can be competitive in the post season

Originally posted by ninerfan818:
It was a good team win but without that pick 6 it is a lot closer as the team depends on the D a lot. Jimmy is going to have to play close to mistake free football or somehow find a way to get 21+ ppg on the board. If he can do one or the other, the 49ers can be competitive in the post season

Good thing there are no what if's in a football game.

-What if kittle toe tapped?
-What if Gould makes the field goal?
-What if Fred caught the ball in his chest?
-What if Gipson caught the ball that hit him in the hands?
-What if lenoir caught the ball in the end zone?

Any of these happen it's still a blow out without the pick 6. The pick 6 happened and we beat them handily.
[ Edited by Scooper1 on Oct 4, 2022 at 8:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Scooper1:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Any of these happen it's still a blow out without the pick 6. The pick 6 happened and we beat them handily.

" IT AIN'T NO SURPRISE !! IT AIN'T NO SURPRISE !! "
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Loved that, thanks for sharing, crazy how we've had Pick 6s against the Rams 4yrs in a row now, filthy good defense.
Originally posted by Scooper1:

Hear hear. We absolutely destroyed them WITHOUT
QB1
RB1
LT1
WLB1
DT1
DT2
FS1

please. I've never seen a team own another team with so many GOOD starters out year after year after year.

Also, good job faithful in keeping those receipts I'm sure all the doubters are loving some crow pie
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 4, 2022 at 11:21 PM ]
Dre was also drafted in the fifth.

1,2,3,4 fif
Share 49ersWebzone