CMC at the afterparty last night

"We got a white boy!"

Lol
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Niners99:
LOL at his PFF grade. Their weighting system blows.

Don't agree with everything PFF does, but who does it better?

Nobody really does. It would be great if they had a real rival to up the validity.

I think people are lazy if they are depending on someone else to grade players for them. If I want to know how well one of our players are performing, I figure out how efficient that player is compared to the top players in the league at that position.

That's true too...can reference several different sources and see how they stack up too. You and I did that with TT and the patterns held.

True. We shouldn't expect stat sites to mirror one another. There is going to be some variation from site to site. I try to source my information from at least 3 different sites. PFF, ESPN, NFL mostly. Sometimes pro football focus all though I do not have a subscription with them.

Nobody really does. It would be great if they had a real rival to up the validity.

I think people are lazy if they are depending on someone else to grade players for them. If I want to know how well one of our players are performing, I figure out how efficient that player is compared to the top players in the league at that position.

That's true too...can reference several different sources and see how they stack up too. You and I did that with TT and the patterns held.

True. We shouldn't expect stat sites to mirror one another. There is going to be some variation from site to site. I try to source my information from at least 3 different sites. PFF, ESPN, NFL mostly. Sometimes pro football focus all though I do not have a subscription with them.

That's why you're the man in here and bring real value to the board.

That's why you're the man in here and bring real value to the board.

Well thank you. I appreciate the kind words.
Amazing game, not surprised to see CMC do so well!
[ Edited by StanFran on Oct 31, 2022 at 2:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by thl408:

What is it?

Should've been 120 out of 100 just for scoring touchdowns three different ways.

It's definitely a lot easier to grade a QB or RB. You can see a QB's decision-making and his accuracy pretty well, and we have a lot of statistical metrics that cover a QB.
We can see a RB's YPC stat, watch how decisive he is in hitting the holes, see if he can break tackles.

It's a lot harder to evaluate trench play and the WR's, and how well/poorly a defense covers. For those areas... I'll rely on PFF a little more.
Same here, YAC. You really do bring a sharp eye and great observations to the WZ. In the game day thread that ended on Sat, you mentioned with Deebo out, hopefully Jimmy would get the ball to Aiyuk or JJ, or one of the new guys, Ray ray for example. I responded that all we needed to do was just get the ball to McCaf and we'd be fine.

I had no idea what was about to come from McCaf. It is interesting how just one guy, one single guy, could make the difference in the game, both on the field, and affecting others to play better. He literally got everybody going , from a beat up and overworked D in the first half to JG , Nick, the OL, Kyle, and every body else on the field.

That was the thot i had posted earlier, once McCaf's signing was made known. I expected him to bring a lot to the field with both his running and catching talents, but i also felt he would bring the team a huge emotional uplifting, besides. What i didn't realize was , just to what extent that would be. I was right but under-guessed by a ton. McCaf just put this team on his back and carried us , whether he was on the field or on the sidelines. Everybody just played better, once they saw what effect he was having.

Just amazing what one guy could bring about after being here only 10 days. Hats off to JL & KYle for making it happen.
Originally posted by StanFran:
Amazing game, not surprised to see CMC do so well!

Welcome Stan.. me too I predicted 100% odds of a CMC TD in this one
Originally posted by Wubbie:

It's definitely a lot easier to grade a QB or RB. You can see a QB's decision-making and his accuracy pretty well, and we have a lot of statistical metrics that cover a QB.
We can see a RB's YPC stat, watch how decisive he is in hitting the holes, see if he can break tackles.

It's a lot harder to evaluate trench play and the WR's, and how well/poorly a defense covers. For those areas... I'll rely on PFF a little more.

When it comes to run blocking, you are absolutely correct. But I beg to differ when it comes to pass pro. The premium stat sites provide enough data to tell us how efficient an O lineman or an O line as a whole is performing when it comes to pass pro.

I highly disagree when it comes to figuring out how efficient a WR is in the passing game. Just like with a QB, you can turn everything into a percentage based on targets, just like a QB when it comes to attempts.

He's to going he takes a discount and a restructure because he loves it here so much

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Why was Shanahan still playing MCM when the game was well in hand at the end and we were in garbage time? That's just reckless. We're lucky he and none of the other starters got injured near the end.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Shemp:
Why was Shanahan still playing MCM when the game was well in hand at the end and we were in garbage time? That's just reckless. We're lucky he and none of the other starters got injured near the end.

I hope seeing Kupp get his ankle rolled made Kyle/McVay realize how foolish that was. I swear McVay has Kupp on his fantasy football team - throwing dinky screen passes in garbage time to the star WR.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

What is it?

Should've been 120 out of 100 just for scoring touchdowns three different ways.

That'd be a 1.2
Originally posted by Shemp:

I hope seeing Kupp get his ankle rolled made Kyle/McVay realize how foolish that was. I swear McVay has Kupp on his fantasy football team - throwing dinky screen passes in garbage time to the star WR.

I've heard a lot of coaches in the past when the team is gonna win say things like, "the guys deserved to finish that game"

And then you have those losing that play until the final whistle mentality.

Both are stupid and need to be revaluated. Theres been plenty of instances of guys getting badly injured in garbage time.
Share 49ersWebzone