There are 166 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
He has football spatial intuition that is off the charts. On that touchdown reception, the very moment the defender looked in and made a slight move forward, he was gone. Just brilliant.

I thought the same thing. The defender was creeping up to take CMC away as a check down and boom, blows by him for a TD.

Got to give a lot of credit to Jimmy G on that impromptu read and throw as well.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Absolutely

What we missed for years. A guy at rb who Jimmy can check down short of the marker and make a defender miss for a 1st.

Jimmy can only get better having CMC. We just needed him marginally better to beat KC in the SB and Rams last year. Now I think he will be. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but if we make it then look out! Best roster in football imo
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
friendly reminder that kyle wanted mckinnon in '18 to do all the things cmc is currently doing, but we all know how that turned out

Mckinnon was never on the same planet as cmc but I understand what you're saying

this is the first time since Gore and before him, Garrison Hearst that a RB looks like hes playing on another level than anyone else on the field. I knew CMC was good, but he looks incredible. dude always hits the right lane for the most gain. and he throws a better deep ball than any QB we've had since steve young lol

Don't hate on Troy Smith

His name is Troy Smiff

(those who were on the "Official" 49ers board might recognize that one)
he was known here as The Black Smtih
Originally posted by jed_X:
I just realized that CMC is actually younger than deebo And is he our best playmaker on the team? I would say so.

I did not know that. Makes this move that much better!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

lol good times
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

lol good times

Lol only thing I remember from him was yelling on the bench "I'm not perfect!" He sure was not
this dude changed the identity of the team
Not really. It's the same team but he's just a better player than what we had at the position. He's a homerun threat every time he touches the ball, can run outside of the numbers, is a threat even as a checkdown and can beat any LB one on one. In the structure of Shanahan's offense, this is a lethal combination.

Prior to CMC, the defense was always condensed in that narrow cone between the numbers. Wilson doesn't have the speed to attack the edges so the defense didn't need to respect that. This is something we had with Mitchell, but CMC turns that up to 11. So no longer are we seeing Jimmy having to thread the needle with contested passes because there's always a player around. With CMC, the defense is spread out so Jimmy is throwing to WRs and TEs that now have a ton of space and can get that YAC.

On top of all of this, the explosive run game is back. The difference between this game and the game three weeks ago is that we no longer have to methodically march down the field for 7 minutes and have the perfect drive. We're like a normal football team with shorter drives due to explosive runs and passes. Add to this the return of the 3rd and manageable due to CMC getting at least 4-5 yards per run.

Wilson was a slow, middling power back that we ran up the middle frequently. He'd break like one big run a game. Mitchell and now CMC have the potential to get more of those and hit the home run. That makes it easier on anyone.

Shanahan's offense didn't change, it's just running the way it's supposed to. And I like just how CMC is the perfect complement for Jimmy. Jimmy is a gunslinger who prefers the chunk 10+ yd throw over the checkdown, but with CMC he's able to get chunk yardage on checkdowns. No more forcing it into Deebo or Kittle when they're blanketed. Get the guaranteed 7-10 yds on the checkdown.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
this dude completes the identity of the team
Not really. It's the same team but he's just a better player than what we had at the position. He's a homerun threat every time he touches the ball, can run outside of the numbers, is a threat even as a checkdown and can beat any LB one on one. In the structure of Shanahan's offense, this is a lethal combination.

Prior to CMC, the defense was always condensed in that narrow cone between the numbers. Wilson doesn't have the speed to attack the edges so the defense didn't need to respect that. This is something we had with Mitchell, but CMC turns that up to 11. So no longer are we seeing Jimmy having to thread the needle with contested passes because there's always a player around. With CMC, the defense is spread out so Jimmy is throwing to WRs and TEs that now have a ton of space and can get that YAC.

On top of all of this, the explosive run game is back. The difference between this game and the game three weeks ago is that we no longer have to methodically march down the field for 7 minutes and have the perfect drive. We're like a normal football team with shorter drives due to explosive runs and passes. Add to this the return of the 3rd and manageable due to CMC getting at least 4-5 yards per run.

Wilson was a slow, middling power back that we ran up the middle frequently. He'd break like one big run a game. Mitchell and now CMC have the potential to get more of those and hit the home run. That makes it easier on anyone.

Shanahan's offense didn't change, it's just running the way it's supposed to. And I like just how CMC is the perfect complement for Jimmy. Jimmy is a gunslinger who prefers the chunk 10+ yd throw over the checkdown, but with CMC he's able to get chunk yardage on checkdowns. No more forcing it into Deebo or Kittle when they're blanketed. Get the guaranteed 7-10 yds on the checkdown.

fixed my post!
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Nov 1, 2022 at 9:09 AM ]
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
friendly reminder that kyle wanted mckinnon in '18 to do all the things cmc is currently doing, but we all know how that turned out

Mckinnon was never on the same planet as cmc but I understand what you're saying

this is the first time since Gore and before him, Garrison Hearst that a RB looks like hes playing on another level than anyone else on the field. I knew CMC was good, but he looks incredible. dude always hits the right lane for the most gain. and he throws a better deep ball than any QB we've had since steve young lol

Don't hate on Troy Smith

His name is Troy Smiff

(those who were on the "Official" 49ers board might recognize that one)

On the official board, every "Smith" was known as "Smiff." Nate Clements was known as "Nate Clemons." There were so many others. That's why I love the "Even if Franck Gire" thing.

They'd have threads titled "His name is Alex Smiff" and so on. "His name is Nate Clemens" etc.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Nov 1, 2022 at 10:06 AM ]
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by NCommand:
He has football spatial intuition that is off the charts. On that touchdown reception, the very moment the defender looked in and made a slight move forward, he was gone. Just brilliant.

I thought the same thing. The defender was creeping up to take CMC away as a check down and boom, blows by him for a TD.

Got to give a lot of credit to Jimmy G on that impromptu read and throw as well.

100%. It takes two.

A perfect example is two weeks ago a similar play happened but Wilson was slow in reacting so when he finally took up field for an easy TD, he carried the defender with him and then still dropped the ball for an easy TD.

This week its a TD in Football IQ, feel and ability with CMC.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 1, 2022 at 10:17 AM ]

Hey guys, what a good win on Sunday...

Will the 9ers be able to keep CMC next year?
Originally posted by golfish:

Yes. For a last 2 more years. But they'll probably rework his contract.
Originally posted by golfish:

You think we trade him? Why would we do that?
sooo 22 is open now?
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
sooo 22 is open now?

Yeah I wonder what he does. Might stick with that 23 considering how his first game went with it lol
Share 49ersWebzone