Rams overcome career game from Jauan Jennings, rally to stun 49ers 27-24 →

There are 361 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Originally posted by thl408:
None of us know for sure.

Fair. We don't. But we really don't know how plays are coached either and yet we have numerous guys breaking down playcalling and pointing out flaws. Without knowing everything about every play any grading of any player or coach is just an educated guess.

Being that Jimmy got to his reads much faster and was clearly looking for the backs more this last game (Including Jeff Wilson) indicates to me that Kyle was definitely not happy with things last week despite his quotes.

Actions not words.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I still can't believe we got McCaffrey, lol

The offense "feels" totally unlocked now and that's with Deebo and Jennings coming back and Gray slowly developing.

Kyle's scheme on steroids lol

For real. You could just see Jimmy relaxing more and more knowing that at any moment he needs to bail from his progressions, he's got an instant positive play with CMC just waiting for him on a checkdown. I thought Kyle did a great job coming out with a pass-first mentality and using CMC on easy positive first down gains (which is huge for us)...we were 29th coming in on 2nd downs, meaning, positive first down gains were a struggle. By flipping that, the whole playbook opens up. And that's when Kyle and Jimmy are best.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 3, 2022 at 10:22 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Kyle's scheme on steroids lol

A scheme that never needed to change despite what "experts" wanted to think. Just needed better execution.
eggsactly !!
Two of the most exciting 49er plays all year involved CMC last week. The 35 yard TD pass he threw was right on the money. The TD pass he caught was as good as any wide receiver. Excitement has been something lacking with this offense. Other than Deebo taking a short pass and breaking tackles we just haven't had a lot of big plays.
  • thl408
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Two of the most exciting 49er plays all year involved CMC last week. The 35 yard TD pass he threw was right on the money. The TD pass he caught was as good as any wide receiver. Excitement has been something lacking with this offense. Other than Deebo taking a short pass and breaking tackles we just haven't had a lot of big plays.

He's electric and he runs very tough. I hope Kyle strongly considers his workload and properly gives time to RB2 so that CMC is fresh, not just for this season but for 2023/24/25.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

He's electric and he runs very tough. I hope Kyle strongly considers his workload and properly gives time to RB2 so that CMC is fresh, not just for this season but for 2023/24/25.

He's also got very quick feet. That allows him to change direction without losing a lot of speed.
OMG. Nice spin. You've been crying about him not going to Wilson nonstop. LOL.

Warner confirmed it. Panelli and Crocker confirmed it. Lombardi suspected it and then confirmed it with Kyle directly. JD said it.

Not you and 9ers4eva. Still spinning it. That's just pure ignorance.

Not one person said POST snap Jimmy did the right thing. More spin on your B.S. here too.

You were even wrong about about the Dwelley bomb too. Still can't admit that either. I instantly admitted I misread that. That's the difference.

So before you spit out your latest and greatest, "He should have gone to X" take, maybe you SHOULD go listen to the subject matter experts that are available to you at a click. And then be willing to admit you were wrong when corrected.

Start here: https://youtu.be/d_ml--nP4_I

PS: You are literally coming off as a child with your last take.

It was THE EXACT SAME PLAY from Arizona in 2019. Jimmy missed it. Kyle is never gonna say Jimmy missed it in public.

The exact next week Jimmy is looking immediately to the backside for plays. It's not a coincidence.

Serious question, has Jimmy ever missed a read in your eyes?

In the case of this play it's more of a pre-snap thing. The Arizona game, the field position was a lot further away from the end zone, giving more space over the middle. In this recent game, he probably chose to go left pre-snap for the same reason he chose to try to throw to Kittle the first time we played the Rams: it seemed there'd be more room (I think it was the Rams-the play where Kittle caught the touchdown but stepped out). Based on the pre-snap look, you knew the Rams were probably blitzing, but you DIDN'T know if there was some disguise going on there, like maybe one of the linebackers would be watching Wilson. So he decided to take what seemed to be less of a risk, throwing to Kittle. The biggest mistake, obviously, came after the snap.
Haha. Told you.

Of COURSE Jimmy misses things...hence the link I provided you.

You should watch it.

Yah like the pass last week to Wilson.

Kurt Warner is frankly wrong that it's difficult to go the backside on the blitz. So wrong that there is video evidence of Jimmy doing it 3 years ago.

JTO said Jimmy missed Deebo badly against Denver. Jonnydel said it was the right read and the play was on Aiyuk. Who is right?

JTO in this case, period.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
OMG. Nice spin. You've been crying about him not going to Wilson nonstop. LOL.

Warner confirmed it. Panelli and Crocker confirmed it. Lombardi suspected it and then confirmed it with Kyle directly. JD said it.

Not you and 9ers4eva. Still spinning it. That's just pure ignorance.

Not one person said POST snap Jimmy did the right thing. More spin on your B.S. here too.

You were even wrong about about the Dwelley bomb too. Still can't admit that either. I instantly admitted I misread that. That's the difference.

So before you spit out your latest and greatest, "He should have gone to X" take, maybe you SHOULD go listen to the subject matter experts that are available to you at a click. And then be willing to admit you were wrong when corrected.

Start here: https://youtu.be/d_ml--nP4_I

PS: You are literally coming off as a child with your last take.

It was THE EXACT SAME PLAY from Arizona in 2019. Jimmy missed it. Kyle is never gonna say Jimmy missed it in public.

The exact next week Jimmy is looking immediately to the backside for plays. It's not a coincidence.

Serious question, has Jimmy ever missed a read in your eyes?

In the case of this play it's more of a pre-snap thing. The Arizona game, the field position was a lot further away from the end zone, giving more space over the middle. In this recent game, he probably chose to go left pre-snap for the same reason he chose to try to throw to Kittle the first time we played the Rams: it seemed there'd be more room (I think it was the Rams-the play where Kittle caught the touchdown but stepped out). Based on the pre-snap look, you knew the Rams were probably blitzing, but you DIDN'T know if there was some disguise going on there, like maybe one of the linebackers would be watching Wilson. So he decided to take what seemed to be less of a risk, throwing to Kittle. The biggest mistake, obviously, came after the snap.

Bro. I tried for 2 full days with 9ers4eva. Just a fair warning.
Really, REALLY do not want to see McCaffrey with Emmit Smith's number. Keep 23 man.

Yeah, I'm very curious to see how many touches Kyle dials up for CMC going forward now.
Really, REALLY do not want to see McCaffrey with Emmit Smith's number. Keep 23 man.

Same.

Yeah, I'm very curious to see how many touches Kyle dials up for CMC going forward now.

I suspect he'll get a lot for a few games, and then teams will start forgetting about Deebo and he'll get a lot more.

He was wrong in the Rams game too. Gotta see the field and know where your guys are going to be.

I suspect he'll get a lot for a few games, and then teams will start forgetting about Deebo and he'll get a lot more.

There you go. Keep 'em off balance!
Share 49ersWebzone