There are 298 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

• thl408
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
In the case of this play it's more of a pre-snap thing. The Arizona game, the field position was a lot further away from the end zone, giving more space over the middle. In this recent game, he probably chose to go left pre-snap for the same reason he chose to try to throw to Kittle the first time we played the Rams: it seemed there'd be more room (I think it was the Rams-the play where Kittle caught the touchdown but stepped out). Based on the pre-snap look, you knew the Rams were probably blitzing, but you DIDN'T know if there was some disguise going on there, like maybe one of the linebackers would be watching Wilson. So he decided to take what seemed to be less of a risk, throwing to Kittle. The biggest mistake, obviously, came after the snap.

He was wrong in the Rams game too. Gotta see the field and know where your guys are going to be.

What play are we talking about?
Originally posted by thl408:

Kittle almost TD throw. Deciding to throw to Kittle no matter what the D was doing.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
In the case of this play it's more of a pre-snap thing. The Arizona game, the field position was a lot further away from the end zone, giving more space over the middle. In this recent game, he probably chose to go left pre-snap for the same reason he chose to try to throw to Kittle the first time we played the Rams: it seemed there'd be more room (I think it was the Rams-the play where Kittle caught the touchdown but stepped out). Based on the pre-snap look, you knew the Rams were probably blitzing, but you DIDN'T know if there was some disguise going on there, like maybe one of the linebackers would be watching Wilson. So he decided to take what seemed to be less of a risk, throwing to Kittle. The biggest mistake, obviously, came after the snap.

He was wrong in the Rams game too. Gotta see the field and know where your guys are going to be.

Any play that didn't go for the maximum yards.
  • thl408

Kittle almost TD throw. Deciding to throw to Kittle no matter what the D was doing.

In the most recent Rams game (week 8)?

No week 4. One where Kittle couldn't keep both feet in
  • thl408

Okay, thanks. Just wondering.

Okay, thanks. Just wondering.
that play was called again, but thrown to Aiyuk this time for a TD vs Atl
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 3, 2022 at 1:48 PM ]
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
Regarding CMC and workload, remember he only had 20 or so snaps vs Chiefs the week prior, then has a bye this week - so he should be pretty fresh after the bye with presumably Deebo, Mitchell and Jennings coming back.
[ Edited by KiwiM on Nov 3, 2022 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Any play that didn't go for the maximum yards.

Nah those plays are all Kyle's fault because he's not calling an Eastern Illinois spread offense to make Jimmy comfortable.
i think kyle liked the 2 back set with cmc and wilson, i suspect we'll see a lot more of that with mitchell coming back

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i think kyle liked the 2 back set with cmc and wilson, i suspect we'll see a lot more of that with mitchell coming back

That is what I was thinking. Keep Deebo out wide a majority of the time. Sometimes run jet motion with him coming through the backfield at the snap to keep defenses off balance.
  • thl408
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Wilson was a willing and able (lead) blocker. This goes for when he was sharing the backfield with Deebo and when with CMC. I'm a bit nervous with Eli doing it. But this has to happen if Kyle wants to exploit CMC's versatility as a slot WR while also showing the threat of run (Eli also on the field).

If the defense plays it like a passing grouping, then Eli needs to block for CMC's run.
If the defense plays this like a run grouping, CMC is a clear mismatch for whatever defender is in the area of his route. This is going to be fun to watch.
People forget he put the ball on the ground twice!!!!
Originally posted by plummerfan:

For which he made up for in spades.
Originally posted by plummerfan:

So we should get rid of him then?
Share 49ersWebzone