There are 227 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

This dude should have been a niner since 2017 so we didn't have to waste all that money on sorry ass McKinnon and waste endless 3rd round picks
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

An offense with this much talent shouldn't only be 2nd best tbh.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

An offense with this much talent shouldn't only be 2nd best tbh.

Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by jonnydel:

He's been exactly what this offense has needed.

This is all everyone needs to know and most importantly Jimmy Garoppolo no interceptions (I'm not counting the game where McCaffrey was in for 20 snaps against Kansas City)

CMC has been everything & more for Kyle in this offense

The big difference i see is that instead of jimmy throwing into a dubious tight window, he KNOWS exactly where McCaf will be as a checkdown. And as we have seen, McCaf knows how to be continuously open when designated as checkdown. He adjusts his running laterally to be open if JG goes thru his targets and if nobody open, he emails one to CMC, instead of trying to complete a pass to #85 or 19 or 11 or 15 , when all are covered.

THAT is the big overarching change i see. CMC has enabled JG to not have to throw into a tight window that has little chance of completion and a good chance of INT. CMC is open , and will not drop a pass. That basically is why Jimmy has played so much better. He no longer HAS TO complete that really risky pass. Just an opinion. But if targets are open, Jimmy has done a great job of putting it on them. CMC just allows him to be a better QB.

Outstanding job by JL and Kyle in getting the missing piece here. And no question, the O's great play has stimulated the D to play even better (if that is possible), and definitely JG's play allows our D to get a blow when our O is humming…it's a win/win for us all the way around.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Weird. I just watched the movie From Dusk Till Dawn last night. It was based around a nightclub called the Titty Twister.
Ahhh, FINALLY!!!!!! Ever since we lost Ricky Watters in 1995, I been screaming that we need a Ricky Watters type of player in order for the offense to be complete. Ricky Watters and Roger Craig weren't just ordinary running backs, they were wide receivers as well as running backs. When Ricky was lost, so was our offense, it was never the same. It sent Steve Young into early retirement and then we had bunch of pretenders come by. I remember the Nolan butt kissers who said leave the past alone. We don't need no west coast offense. Then we got Harbaugh and the tough grind out offense, but still no west coast offense, to which I was told let it go, it's the past. Then we went through Jim Tomsula lol, and other foolishness. And finally we got Kyle Shanahan and his dad Mike Shanahan here, and the offense was better, but.........it still wasn't right. The west offense the way Walsh and Mike Shanahan ran it needed a running back/wide receiver person. Now we got him, and suddenly shockers of shockers, the offense works again lol, who'd have thunk lol. I hope the 49er front office learns from this. Let's see how JG runs the offense now.

• All22
  • Veteran
CMC added a little Alex Smith to Jimmy's game.

It's nice to have a quick release gun slinger who can fit it into the tightest windows but there were huge benefits to having Captain Checkdown too… especially when the checkdown is Gire or CMC.
CMC should have been our 2017 draft pick, it would have saved a lot of pain and heartache.
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
CMC should have been our 2017 draft pick, it would have saved a lot of pain and heartache.

Then you get no Bosa. Please don't Back to the Future our roster.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Then you get no Bosa. Please don't Back to the Future our roster.

Yeah, but we might have a Superbowl win....

can we grab mahomes instead ?
Share 49ersWebzone