There are 262 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I would sit him if he is not 100%. This is not an inner conference game and it's not a must win. We need him healthy for the Bucs and Seahawks and especially the playoffs.

I think I agree with this.

Eh, I understand the sentiment, but if he can play without risk of further injury, he should play. Every game matters. We can't assume anything about playoffs. There's still SIX games left.
I would sit him if he is not 100%. This is not an inner conference game and it's not a must win. We need him healthy for the Bucs and Seahawks and especially the playoffs.

id agree

Absolutely.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Absolutely.
but jimmy won't check down if he's not there
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Eh, I understand the sentiment, but if he can play without risk of further injury, he should play. Every game matters. We can't assume anything about playoffs. There's still SIX games left.

My reason being if he's going to be in and out of the lineup because he's not fully healthy then leave him out. Use that roster spot for a RB you don't have to worry about. Formulate your game plan that way instead of yanking him in and out.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Absolutely.
but jimmy won't check down if he's not there

💯

I think I agree with this.

Agree this is football if he's able to play use him, but don't ram him down the gut over and over. Utilize him outside and in the passing game where he's going against DBs in space. Let TDP and Mason get the reps running between tackles.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
He really may not play? If that is the case I would maybe go Mason/Coleman with TDP the special teamer.

I thought Kyle said something like Mason suits up over TDP because TDP doesn't play special teams or is worse at it or something like that
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Agree this is football if he's able to play use him, but don't ram him down the gut over and over. Utilize him outside and in the passing game where he's going against DBs in space. Let TDP and Mason get the reps running between tackles.

Agee with everything you said
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
He really may not play? If that is the case I would maybe go Mason/Coleman with TDP the special teamer.

I think it's tricky, right? Because Mitchell can't go on IR?

or can he?

My reason being if he's going to be in and out of the lineup because he's not fully healthy then leave him out. Use that roster spot for a RB you don't have to worry about. Formulate your game plan that way instead of yanking him in and out.

Lol have you seen our RB injury luck? We have to worry about every one of them.
Originally posted by Crown:

I think it's tricky, right? Because Mitchell can't go on IR?

or can he?
Found this

Teams are allowed to return a maximum of eight players from the IR during the season. A player can be designated to return a maximum of two times during the season, with both counting towards the team's grand total of eight designations allowed
We have all injured RB,s now. Plus traded 1 away. Great.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
we have jimmy to carry us remember lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
we have jimmy to carry us remember lol

Give him the TL playbook ask him to become dual threat Jimmy.. see what happens..
Share 49ersWebzone