There are 271 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Difference between McCaf and other "outlet" bailouts, is that MCC knows WHERE to be and WHEN. Watch him and he always is in a position to be able to "bail out". Whether he runs fast or "dawdles" , CMC is always open. Out other bailouts, Deebo, et al, don't have the same knack as McCaf when it comes to knowing exactly where to be when qB is in trouble . McCaf just knows where to be and exactly at the right time. He is the best "bailout" we have had in decades, as far as always being open when QB is in trouble.

Agree with this. He also has a Great ability to make the first guy miss and actually convert some short passes to first downs in space even if he's met before the line to gain.

His biggest "weakness" is he doesn't just burst through the hole like your typical RB. His game is more footwork and patience. It's just not his style to burst up the middle.

This is how guys like Mitchell had better averages up the middle.

In space though CMC is king. It's not even close.

Completely agree.

He's best as a Slot/RB with another back carrying the load on the ground. Kinda like Reggie Bush and Ingram.

Pretty much and that will extend his career and usage per game as well.. most importantly KS knows that.
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Dec 10, 2022 at 5:25 AM ]
Hope he has a big game on Sunday! Still super excited we got this guy on our team!
  • jed_X
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Difference between McCaf and other "outlet" bailouts, is that MCC knows WHERE to be and WHEN. Watch him and he always is in a position to be able to "bail out". Whether he runs fast or "dawdles" , CMC is always open. Out other bailouts, Deebo, et al, don't have the same knack as McCaf when it comes to knowing exactly where to be when qB is in trouble . McCaf just knows where to be and exactly at the right time. He is the best "bailout" we have had in decades, as far as always being open when QB is in trouble.
CMC is like the running back version of travis kelce, steriod boy, anquan boldin, adams and any receiver/te's that know where the soft spot of the defense. Those guys don't even run routes hard but they just know where the soft spot of the zone and know how to lull defenders out.
Is it me or does he make more explosive plays when he was in Carolina?
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Obviously, dude spent 6 years in Carolina and like 6 games here what do you expect?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Obviously, dude spent 6 years in Carolina and like 6 games here what do you expect?

He has 6 plays of 20 or more yards and is averaging 98 yards per game from scrimmage.

He has 6 plays of 20 or more yards and is averaging 98 yards per game from scrimmage.
I meant his running game, excluding his receiving game. He had awesome runs against Rams and Dolphins, other games not so much.
[ Edited by Alfienator on Dec 10, 2022 at 8:19 AM ]

I meant his running game, excluding his receiving game. He had awesome runs against Rams and Dolphins, other games not so much.

Okay. He has 4 rushes for 20 or more yards as a 49er and is averaging 51.2 rushing yards per game. That would put him tied with Wilson for most explosive runs this season. Wilson played 2 more games for us this season than CMC. CMC is 3rd on the team this season in rushing yards per game. My issue with CMC in the running game isn't explosives. My issue is consistency. Way too many runs that go for minus yards.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Dec 10, 2022 at 8:26 AM ]
In 65 games (including playoffs) with CAR, CMC had a total of 14 explosive runs. That is a rate of 21.5%. In 2018 and 2019 he had 6 explosive runs in each season playing 16 games in both seasons. Those 2 seasons he had an explosive run in 37.5% of his games. In the 6 games with SF, CMC has 4 explosive runs. That is a rate of 66.7%. I think that should answer the question.
In 65 games (including playoffs) with CAR, CMC had a total of 14 explosive runs. That is a rate of 21.5%. In 2018 and 2019 he had 6 explosive runs in each season playing 16 games in both seasons. Those 2 seasons he had an explosive run in 37.5% of his games. In the 6 games with SF, CMC has 4 explosive runs. That is a rate of 66.7%. I think that should answer the question.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info

No problem.

He was actually more explosive in the passing game when in CAR. He had 34 explosive plays in 65 games. Which was a rate of 52.3%. He was the #1 target in the passing game in that CAR offense though. Here he is just 1 of many weapons and Kyle does a great job getting them all their fair share of targets.
  • All22
  • Veteran
I think he's not the "human highlight reel" that I expected from the CMC/Barkley-level RB's. He's still a complete game changer though.
[ Edited by All22 on Dec 10, 2022 at 11:26 AM ]
CMC beasting today 🤣
Maybe KS shouldn't have ran Deebo much at all.. didn't need to.. give some carry to Mason and call it a day.
Deebo runs too hard and got hurt on that run by 2 bucs looking to hurt him for sure..
Finally got Mason in there, give CMC some good rest should have give Mason come carries instead of deebo as a runner..
I knew it was a matter of time before he broke one. Almost had a few but got shoe lace tackled in previous games. CMC was worth every pick and has been a damn game changer for us. Huge for both Trey and Purdy for the future as well
Share 49ersWebzone