Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

• pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by ritz126:
My complaint was that he was averaging 4 YPC when we had 4 other RB's on the team averaging well over 5 YPC. He also had a high number of runs for negative yards. I never had an issue with what he brought to the team as far as the passing game. I was concerned about his ability to run in between the tackles in this offense. He obviously eased those doubts yesterday.

he isnt a big back so that shouldn't be surprising he has elite vision he just needs a hole. He isnt like the bigger backs we have who breaks tackles he will evade them in open space

Well I think he took it to heart because one of the coaches said he was all in his feelings last week after the win against Miami. He comes out this week and rips the bucs a new a*****e.

Wait, CMC was not happy with his game against the Dolphins? I understand he could have been better on the run but he was awesome all around.^^
Well I guess that´s why he ´s a great player. He´s never happy and always wants to do better.
Originally posted by pdc20:
My complaint was that he was averaging 4 YPC when we had 4 other RB's on the team averaging well over 5 YPC. He also had a high number of runs for negative yards. I never had an issue with what he brought to the team as far as the passing game. I was concerned about his ability to run in between the tackles in this offense. He obviously eased those doubts yesterday.

he isnt a big back so that shouldn't be surprising he has elite vision he just needs a hole. He isnt like the bigger backs we have who breaks tackles he will evade them in open space

Well I think he took it to heart because one of the coaches said he was all in his feelings last week after the win against Miami. He comes out this week and rips the bucs a new a*****e.

Wait, CMC was not happy with his game against the Dolphins? I understand he could have been better on the run but he was awesome all around.^^
Well I guess that´s why he ´s a great player. He´s never happy and always wants to do better.

Yes. He was not happy with how he played in the dolphins game. Probably due to dropping that 1st TD pass and not rushing the ball well (3.9 YPC).

From what I heard through various sources is that he feels he needs to live up to what the Niners gave up to acquire him. I don't mind when players play with a chip on their shoulder. Especially if it leads to a performance like he had yesterday.
Still can't believe we have him
This dude Is so good he makes It look easy.
Studs gunna stud

Originally posted by Tman:
Studs gunna stud

Here for the studness
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
People we're dissing CMC.

i think redzone ruined people evaluation skills they expect big plays way more than what is normal in NFL
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
People we're dissing CMC.

i think redzone ruined people evaluation skills they expect big plays way more than what is normal in NFL

Lol at the guy here a couple days talking about is it just me or has CMC been less explosive here than in Carolina 🤣
Originally posted by pdc20:

Yes. He was not happy with how he played in the dolphins game. Probably due to dropping that 1st TD pass and not rushing the ball well (3.9 YPC).

From what I heard through various sources is that he feels he needs to live up to what the Niners gave up to acquire him. I don't mind when players play with a chip on their shoulder. Especially if it leads to a performance like he had yesterday.

As I understand it, CMC is a consummate professional. We gave up a lot of draft capital to get here, but not only is he a top 10 player in the league when healthy, he's exactly the type of guy you want in your locker room. In hindsight, it's a no-brainer to go get him.
700 combined yards, 6 TDs in 7 games (and one of those was a few days after he got traded here). Not bad.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Dec 12, 2022 at 10:24 AM ]

Originally posted by 49ersRing:
700 combined yards, 6 TDs in 7 games (and one of those was a few days after he got traded here). Not bad.

It's not just what he's done. The threat of what he can do presents problems for defenses.
Worth every pick we traded and a few more.
  • scuzy
  • Veteran
i remeber there were a lot of peeps saying we traded for an injury prone rb and gave up too much. IF i had to do it again i would do the same trade and then some.
Originally posted by scuzy:
i remeber there were a lot of peeps saying we traded for an injury prone rb and gave up too much. IF i had to do it again i would do the same trade and then some.

I openly admit when the idea of trading for CMC was first proposed I didn't like it cause I don't think RBs should ever be payed. But I did enjoy the idea of having this many weapons on our offense. I also didn't think we would actually make the trade. I enjoy being wrong and have no problem admitting I was wrong.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Worth every pick we traded and a few more.

Totally agree, he's been an absolute game changer on offense, and the MVP on that side of the ball since arriving. Even taking away his traditional running plays, just having a short yardage checkdown player of his caliber opens creates huge opportunities and spreads the defense out so much.
Share 49ersWebzone