LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 176 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

He's absolutely unlocked this offense. The fact he's a RB already #4 om the passing list and climbing is huge for us.

It's even more crucial given Deebo is likely done.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 13, 2022 at 8:12 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
He's absolutely unlocked this offense. The fact he's a RB already #4 and climbing is huge for us.

This team is not where it is now without him.
What does it say about his time in CAROLINA? Well, basically it says that the HC there had no idea how to use him and kyle does. Somehow, KS and JL saw what McCaf could do for our O. I was glad we added a RB, but had no idea whatsoever that he would overnite make our QBs elite. And he has a done this with a brand new guy at QB also. Kudos to GM/HC for seeing it…and then, pulling the switch.
He's been great when healthy for us. Pray that keeps up.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
He's been great for us. Pray that keeps up.

FTFY
He's my favorite guy. I had a man crush before we got him and now I'm ready to propose. Really, though, a lot of great players have come thru the gates, but if this continues, and he's with us a few more years playing at this level, for me he may become one of my all time non-QB favorite 49ers. He blows me away and I've watched Sundays game three times now. His vision, how he can redirect on a dime like a humming bird just blows me away.

Please stay healthy the rest of the way. I want to see him finally get his chance in a SB. Some greats never get that. Maybe he sets a SB record for run/receive. Go!
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Dec 13, 2022 at 7:44 AM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
What does it say about his time in CAROLINA? Well, basically it says that the HC there had no idea how to use him and kyle does. Somehow, KS and JL saw what McCaf could do for our O. I was glad we added a RB, but had no idea whatsoever that he would overnite make our QBs elite. And he has a done this with a brand new guy at QB also. Kudos to GM/HC for seeing it…and then, pulling the switch.

He had a 2300 yard & 19 TD season in Carolina.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

What you smoking on? One thing Carolina did was use the f**k outta him. And i like how Purdy looks so far but we can't put the guy into elite status already.
Baldinger film breakdown is so funny. It is an iPhone video taken from a screen, because he doesn't have the time to bother with film production. His passion for football is evident though. Him calling Trent Williams locomotive breath made me LOL.

Love, love CMC. Not only what his production has given in this offense but also his presence alone opens up for the rest of the fellas. The perfect chess piece to move around and a QB best friend for check downs. When we traded for him, I was so happy as we can use him like Deebo and move both around. Now that Deebo is hurt, hopefully the drop off isn't too much. Just limit his carries and allow like Mason to take some of the load from him with running the ball and move him around. Best all around back!
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Dec 13, 2022 at 3:55 PM ]

• FL9er
  • Veteran
He's absolutely unlocked this offense. The fact he's a RB already #4 om the passing list and climbing is huge for us.

He's what we were hoping to get with McKinnon.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Baldinger film breakdown is so funny. It is an iPhone video taken from a screen, because he doesn't have the time to bother with film production. His passion for football is evident though. Him calling Trent Williams locomotive breath made me LOL.

I've never seen a team put the linebackers on the line and them put the DT's behind them to get a running start
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

I've never seen a team put the linebackers on the line and them put the DT's behind them to get a running start

JT talked about it in his breakdown. It's so the DTs get matched up on the RB in pass pro. We countered by bringing a TE into the backfield. Coordinator chess at its finest.

Wouldve worked even better if Brindell blocked someone (anyone) but either way Kittle hit that DT way harder than a RB would have and that gave Purdy more time. Not to mention the corner didn't believe we'd ever throw that alert to an RB and he'd break out the toe drag swag to get the TD.

defense is thinking worse case scenario the QB hits the RB or WR on a slant and they give up a few yards.
CMC=TNT
Originally posted by FL9er:

He's what we were hoping to get with McKinnon.

In a way yes, but he is also so much better than McKinnon in pretty much all aspects of the game.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Dec 13, 2022 at 3:10 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone