LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 158 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Karma is a bi**h, so I wouldn't be celebrating too early yet. CMC has been tremendous for us for his 1st year(1/2 year really), and I'll leave it at that for now.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Dec 29, 2022 at 3:21 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Tman:

That is just unreal

All these years b***hing about Alex Smith and his check downs. And then we don't have one since. And now the check down unlocks Kyle's offense. That's some irony! LOL
It's not just checking down it's having a competent qb that knows what's going on. Neither Alex or jimmy could do this

LOL. Nobody is talking about Jimmy Garoppolo.

We're talking about what CMC opens up for ALL 49er QB's.

The second he arrived you could see his impact esp. being that security blanket if the primary receiving options were covered. You no longer have to force throws. Just go through your progressions and hit CMC on the check down if they aren't there. He's always open.

Then, all the carries and attention early in games sucked up the defense so Kyle could call plays off that.

He's also getting better as an IZ rusher. Kyle can also use him on screens and as a primary receiver from 3 different positions or as a decoy.

His value is immense and something we haven't had since Ricky Watters?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by picklejuice:

So, what's he think now?

LOL

II admit it. I felt like that when the trade was made. But cmc skill and decision making won me over. He's just a flat-out rockstar and has made touchdowns for us that very few other people in the league could make. His running stats get bogged down by shanies inside game which get stuffed because our iol has no power. But anyone gets stuffed in that situation. I remember when Frank Gore led the league in stuffs. Everybody knew he was coming and stacked it.

Very happy with this guy and is part of the secret sauce behind Purdy's success
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Karma is a bi**h, so I wouldn't be celebrating too early yet. CMC has been tremendous for us for his 1st year(1/2 year really), and I'll leave it at that for now.

So you're waiting for him to fail?
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

So you're waiting for him to fail?

lol he's not failing. you can't eff up intuition and real-time problem solving. thats his ring of power. unless he gets dementia or something.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by picklejuice:

So, what's he think now?

LOL

II admit it. I felt like that when the trade was made. But cmc skill and decision making won me over. He's just a flat-out rockstar and has made touchdowns for us that very few other people in the league could make. His running stats get bogged down by shanies inside game which get stuffed because our iol has no power. But anyone gets stuffed in that situation. I remember when Frank Gore led the league in stuffs. Everybody knew he was coming and stacked it.

Very happy with this guy and is part of the secret sauce behind Purdy's success

Sure, nothing wrong with this initial thinking esp. from an ROI perspective. But so far, he's clearly driven to return more than we could have ever hoped for.

And nobody is happier about that than Kyle and any 49er QB.
Sure, nothing wrong with this initial thinking esp. from an ROI perspective. But so far, he's clearly driven to return more than we could have ever hoped for.

He makes plays i expect from julio jones. At running back.

That is just unreal

All these years b***hing about Alex Smith and his check downs. And then we don't have one since. And now the check down unlocks Kyle's offense. That's some irony! LOL
It's not just checking down it's having a competent qb that knows what's going on. Neither Alex or jimmy could do this

Giving Kyle CMC is like giving him a cheat code. It just makes things unfair for the opposition.
The early comments in this thread are wild

Originally posted by YACBros85:

Giving Kyle CMC is like giving him a cheat code. It just makes things unfair for the opposition.

For real. Imagine how much Mitchell will learn from him in the passing game too.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Kyle and CMC should have been together since the jump.
Originally posted by Crown:
Kyle and CMC should have been together since the jump.

and then trade up again for mahomes
Its unbelievable to think we have mitchell and mason on deck. If mitchell stays healthy thats the deepest rb room in the league. To go along with the deepest qb room and deepest wr room.

That is just unreal

LOL. Nobody is talking about Jimmy Garoppolo.

We're talking about what CMC opens up for ALL 49er QB's.

The second he arrived you could see his impact esp. being that security blanket if the primary receiving options were covered. You no longer have to force throws. Just go through your progressions and hit CMC on the check down if they aren't there. He's always open.

Then, all the carries and attention early in games sucked up the defense so Kyle could call plays off that.

He's also getting better as an IZ rusher. Kyle can also use him on screens and as a primary receiver from 3 different positions or as a decoy.

His value is immense and something we haven't had since Ricky Watters?

Even if Gire?
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Dec 29, 2022 at 1:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone