LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 122 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

He's been the key chess piece ever since he got here.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Any of y'all still complaining about the trade comp, orrr…??
I know he won't win any kind of Offensive player of the year award, but my goodness this guy is a flat out stud. My buddy and never thought that much of CMC until we both can see him play much more now that he is a 49ers player. He's the best all around offensive player this team has ever had in my lifetime as a fan since 1984. We have had some good to great players at RB, at WR, and QB however as a complete package, CMC is probably the best. When you can see the opposing teams game plan to stop him first, over Deebo, over Aikuk, over Kittle, and over whoever is at QB, that tells you everything you need to know.

Our gameplans going forward should start and end with ways to give CMC the chance to impact the games with the ball in his hand or as a decoy. How far this team goes should be decided by CMC one way or the other.
Marshall Chalk is only second to Marshall Faulk in 50 receiving yards / 50 rushing yard games. It's such an impact on our offense that idk where we would be without him.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
I know he won't win any kind of Offensive player of the year award, but my goodness this guy is a flat out stud. My buddy and never thought that much of CMC until we both can see him play much more now that he is a 49ers player. He's the best all around offensive player this team has ever had in my lifetime as a fan since 1984. We have had some good to great players at RB, at WR, and QB however as a complete package, CMC is probably the best. When you can see the opposing teams game plan to stop him first, over Deebo, over Aikuk, over Kittle, and over whoever is at QB, that tells you everything you need to know.

Our gameplans going forward should start and end with ways to give CMC the chance to impact the games with the ball in his hand or as a decoy. How far this team goes should be decided by CMC one way or the other.

this.
didn't make the pro bowl lol

McCaffrey with the high football IQ move to slow his feet and allow Brunskill to run over and block the defender.
Originally posted by Ark49er:

Without Eli and Deebo, team continue to play at a high level. CMC is just a match up nightmare and opposing teams will do their best to take him out and he opens a lot of opportunities for Kittle, Aiyuk and the rest of the fellas! I'm still gushing about his acquisition.
He's amazingly good. What a pick up. Wow are we lucky to have him. He changes the game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's amazingly good. What a pick up. Wow are we lucky to have him. He changes the game.

this++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

I was skeptical when we traded for him, but IMO, the trade for CMC saved our season.

If we recall, offensively, we started off slow. It seemed like the plan was to create a rushing scheme featuring Elijah Mitchell, Deebo Samuel, and Trey Lance, and then Mitchell got hurt week 1, and Trey broke his ankle in week 2. So we pivoted back to Jimmy, and to Jimmy's credit, he did pretty well, all things considered. But we were squeaking by offensively. Defenses are better against the outside zone run this year. They were gameplanning for Deebo. Our running game was doing pretty really well under Jeff Wilson, but I feel without the outside run, we lost a lot of explosiveness without those runs and the play action.

So we end up trading for CMC, and he opens things up. Big play potential returns on outside runs. The QB gets an outlet receiver. He creates horizontal and vertical stretches on linebackers. He can lineup anywhere, and the defense has to be careful with their personnel.

Hopefully Deebo Samuel and Elijah Mitchell come back in time so we can spread the ball a little more, because CMC is carrying our offense.
Originally posted by Heroism:

McCaffrey with the high football IQ move to slow his feet and allow Brunskill to run over and block the defender.
this game is our saints game from 2019
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

I was skeptical when we traded for him, but IMO, the trade for CMC saved our season.

If we recall, offensively, we started off slow. It seemed like the plan was to create a rushing scheme featuring Elijah Mitchell, Deebo Samuel, and Trey Lance, and then Mitchell got hurt week 1, and Trey broke his ankle in week 2. So we pivoted back to Jimmy, and to Jimmy's credit, he did pretty well, all things considered. But we were squeaking by offensively. Defenses are better against the outside zone run this year. They were gameplanning for Deebo. Our running game was doing pretty really well under Jeff Wilson, but I feel without the outside run, we lost a lot of explosiveness without those runs and the play action.

So we end up trading for CMC, and he opens things up. Big play potential returns on outside runs. The QB gets an outlet receiver. He creates horizontal and vertical stretches on linebackers. He can lineup anywhere, and the defense has to be careful with their personnel.

Hopefully Deebo Samuel and Elijah Mitchell come back in time so we can spread the ball a little more, because CMC is carrying our offense.

In a way we haven't lost a game since we traded for him. Yes we lost the Chiefs game but he was on a lmited snap count that game. Though I think we would have lost it either way because our defense was beyond horrible that game.
I just know we wouldn't have a 9 game win streak without him.
Can he still win comeback player of the year?
Share 49ersWebzone