LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 105 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Should Shanahan sit CMC next week to give him a really good rest to get ready for the playoffs? I know for sure Kyle will most probably use him to the max in the playoffs.
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Should Shanahan sit CMC next week to give him a really good rest to get ready for the playoffs? I know for sure Kyle will most probably use him to the max in the playoffs.

I say have him active but let Mason get a lot of carries. If we need CMC, then yes bring him in.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

I say have him active but let Mason get a lot of carries. If we need CMC, then yes bring him in.

This is the way, but I and many others have been wondering for weeks why Jordan Mason doesn't get more carries. I haven't listened to all of the press conferences, but has the media asked why?

+1
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This is the way, but I and many others have been wondering for weeks why Jordan Mason doesn't get more carries. I haven't listened to all of the press conferences, but has the media asked why?

today, hamstring
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

The answer is NO to any notion of sitting CMC or not involving him as much. Why would we do that in a game we need to win? We have a chance at getting the No.1 seed and need to hold on to the No.2 seed at worst. If anything we now know after this game against an awful Raiders team, that no game should be taken for granted and we just can't afford to sit players. Deebo is playing next week and if Mitchell can go, you better believe that he will see some game action.

Giants play at the Eagles and there is a chance they could lose again. Vikings play at the Bears and there is a strong chance that the Vikings will win that game. The 49ers MUST win next week and you do that by having all you weapons ready to use.

Shanahan doesn't believe in sitting players.
Has anyone else realized we could have CMC an E mitchel on the field together in the back field together at the same time after next week. How do u defend that.
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
Has anyone else realized we could have CMC an E mitchel on the field together in the back field together at the same time after next week. How do u defend that.

And you also add Deebo to the mix...
Originally posted by Jcool:

One thing to consider is once Deebo and Eli are back we may not have to be as McCaffrey reliant as we have been since we lost those two. Hopefully Eli can stay healthy this time. 🤞

Look @ it another way:

Kickoff times for next week aren't even announced, for 1. We may not find out just what we're playing for until it's time for kickoff.

We could be playing for a spot to be the 1st seed, or drop all the way down to the 3rd seed with a loss.

Then lose week 1 and have the media ask him constantly why he didnt play for the 1st round bye,...or play on the road in the NFCCG and be asked why didn't he play for HF advantage.

After next week, 1 loss and we're out.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 1, 2023 at 9:09 PM ]
Linebackers creep up for this guy and it opens up those short middle throws.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 1, 2023 at 9:17 PM ]
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

One thing to consider is once Deebo and Eli are back we may not have to be as McCaffrey reliant as we have been since we lost those two. Hopefully Eli can stay healthy this time. 🤞

Deebo should be good to go next week and hopefully Eli is ready for the playoffs. Weapons galore!
CMC is as tough as nails, he makes something out of nothing and is a threat from anywhere on the field. Aiyuk is becoming indispensable. DeBo will make things very interesting. Ray Ray is the Secret Weapon.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
CMC is as tough as nails, he makes something out of nothing and is a threat from anywhere on the field. Aiyuk is becoming indispensable. DeBo will make things very interesting. Ray Ray is the Secret Weapon.

Healthy, this offense is pretty effin amazing. OL is really the only place we need any improvement...
Share 49ersWebzone