49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 137 users in the forums

The Snow Bunny Pearl: Christian McCaffrey, RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Snow Bunny Pearl: Christian McCaffrey, RB

Congrats to my boy on his marriage, gonna become a man tonight! I hope he didn't fumble his vows.
fumble his vows
or the ring lol
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
And still CMCs fumble in the Superbowl which came at the most inappropriate time ever is overlooked and Kyle is blamed for everything.

they should have put Kyle on the cover. I love my coach edition. game should start with the OT coin toss and see if you can steer Kyle to victory

Do they still do that?

I don't know modern madden, but back in the day Front Page Sports Football and the Early Maddens did have situational games. For example, can you perform the Drive in win the SB against Cinci.....They had Frank Reich's comeback against the oilers....I always find that super cool.

I think Front Page Football actually mapped in the averages to compute with the "stats".... So if Craig averaged 4.5 yards going off tackle to the left...the stats mattered, but there was a calculation that boosted your chances to get past 2 yards but it decayed and was gone at 4 yards..or whatever...It was designed to live up to realistic averages. You get a fast dude in open space...and nothing was going to stop speed on speed so to speak...but for the most part a lot of times those situational games had to be absolutely perfect because you were fighting the averages.

With FPS Football, it was hard as hell until you actually watched the real game. They mapped in the defense and offense. After that you knew what coverage the CPU would run, you knew when they would blitz, on offense you knew what direction they would run...the entire thing was scripted to match the real game.
Juice looking dapper 🍷

Kittle rocking the man bun:).
Originally posted by Heroism:

Kyle looking SMOOTH, that's my coach right there!
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Villain mode

cmc married and on the madden cover, what an offseason
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Do they still do that?

I don't know modern madden, but back in the day Front Page Sports Football and the Early Maddens did have situational games. For example, can you perform the Drive in win the SB against Cinci.....They had Frank Reich's comeback against the oilers....I always find that super cool.

I think Front Page Football actually mapped in the averages to compute with the "stats".... So if Craig averaged 4.5 yards going off tackle to the left...the stats mattered, but there was a calculation that boosted your chances to get past 2 yards but it decayed and was gone at 4 yards..or whatever...It was designed to live up to realistic averages. You get a fast dude in open space...and nothing was going to stop speed on speed so to speak...but for the most part a lot of times those situational games had to be absolutely perfect because you were fighting the averages.

With FPS Football, it was hard as hell until you actually watched the real game. They mapped in the defense and offense. After that you knew what coverage the CPU would run, you knew when they would blitz, on offense you knew what direction they would run...the entire thing was scripted to match the real game.

I believe NFL2k5 has a similar mode like that where you can recreate historic moments.

It's been a while since I played it though (really miss that game).
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Villain mode

Originally posted by BP13:

No Brock?

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
cmc married and on the madden cover, what an offseason

pity he fumbled in the Superbowl.
Lol Olsen

Originally posted by 9erson3:
No Brock?

Yeah, where is Brock? Nothing to wear? LOL jk
so is this a real calf injury, or is this a it's CMC, of course he is taking all preseason off?
Share 49ersWebzone