• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jds_49ers:
Is he under contract this season and 2 more or 3 more? I have seen both posted

Until 2025.
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'll never forget this route during the draft process that year. This was the day I was all in on this dude. Easily the best route-running RB that I can recall watching.

2017, we should know by now that being good at something in 2017 doesn't mean you're good at it now.

If niners are smart we ease him into this. We got Mitchell back and the next couple teams after KC are beatable

Yeah I wouldn't expect him to see a whole lot of snaps until at least after the bye.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I didn't think there was any chance of this happening. We've had trouble hitting the outside zone since Elijah left, so I'd imagine that CMC will help there. Initially I got a lump in my throat when I saw the compensation, but as Rohan points out on the zone front page, it isn't as bad as it appears.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/162445-why-49ers-trade-christian-mccaffrey-isnt-expensive-anticipated/

Stacked team with 11 ish picks can't fit them all even you hit on all of them. Zero percent chance. Also how many picks have we burned on rb's. Might as well take one that's proven quality
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
I didn't think there was any chance of this happening. We've had trouble hitting the outside zone since Elijah left, so I'd imagine that CMC will help there. Initially I got a lump in my throat when I saw the compensation, but as Rohan points out on the zone front page, it isn't as bad as it appears.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/162445-why-49ers-trade-christian-mccaffrey-isnt-expensive-anticipated/

Stacked team with 11 ish picks can't fit them all even you hit on all of them. Zero percent chance. Also how many picks have we burned on rb's. Might as well take one that's proven quality

I have no problem with the picks. What were we going to draft another Sermon with those picks. I no problem with it at all.
I didn't think there was any chance of this happening. We've had trouble hitting the outside zone since Elijah got hurt, so I'd imagine that CMC will help there. Initially I got a lump in my throat when I saw the compensation, but as Rohan points out on the zone front page, it isn't as bad as it appears.

I wonder if the compensation was what it turned out to be because we were competing with the Rams. I have no evidence of this, just speculation on my part.
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by susweel:
Lynch and shanny should be fired for this

Eventually yes. Making these moves with Jimmy G still at QB. Now no picks to rebuild the o-line moving forward.

When did the San Francisco 49ers turn into the Oakland Raiders (Al Davis era)?

Nah... we're ok with picks especially with so many young players on the roster. We missed so many on previous picks, might as well get a sure thing. Still got a couple of 3rds and a 5th(maybe another 5th according to others here).

These bros trying to have the cool hot take, meanwhile our team just got better in a window that will close

Lol! You can see it from a mile away and gets boring after awhile. Back to CMC, this should get the whole team excited after Sunday's loss and rocky season so far. Ballsy move for sure even if it doesn't work out. Sure we lose draft picks(and we still have a few with the comp picks), but the roster is young and pretty much loaded.. so there are not too many holes to fill. I love the trade if you look it what he will bring to our offense.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
i hate this trade

Wait till Lance comes back tho...
He's costing the team, get this, $646,000 this year. What it's going to cost beyond that I don't know and don't give a s**t. That's crazy AF.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Another injury prone player?

It's worked 2 out of the last 3 years? Can't knock the hustle.

Their strategy is pretty clear for those still wondering why we pile up with injuries more than other teams.

This team is only interested in stockpiling talent for the now and worry about injuries later.

• kray28
  • Veteran
I think there are some serious risks here. One is that he has an injury history and the Niners aren't exactly known for keeping their players healthy. Second, we gave up a lot of picks for him.

Seriously, I hope he stays healthy. He's obviously an upgrade on Wilson, but at what cost?
Trading all these pick for another injury prone player, he'll probably end up in IR within 4 games
Originally posted by dioworld:
Trading all these pick for another injury prone player, he'll probably end up in IR within 4 games

thats good enough, we'll be 7-3 by then.
play him at least 25%

even as a decoy in the rz
Just stay healthy man.
Share 49ersWebzone