There are 271 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Niners got 4 guys on offense that are hard to stop 1 on 1. Kyle and Jimmy better stop messing it up.
Originally posted by kray28:
I think there are some serious risks here. One is that he has an injury history and the Niners aren't exactly known for keeping their players healthy. Second, we gave up a lot of picks for him.

Seriously, I hope he stays healthy. He's obviously an upgrade on Wilson, but at what cost?

I hope we sprinkle the other guys in enough to keep him healthy.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jds_49ers:
Is he under contract this season and 2 more or 3 more? I have seen both posted

Until 2025.

He's signed for 3.5 more seasons, and he'll be 29 when he becomes a free agent. So he's basically under contract for the rest of his prime.

The good news is the contract is 95% non-guaranteed. The question mark is do we agree to some kind of restructure with him to give him more guaranteed money for a slightly lower salary for 2023-2025?

I really don't think this will be like the Von Miller trade the Rams did last year. This will be for winning now AND helping Trey Lance develop in the near future.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Oct 20, 2022 at 11:12 PM ]
I know CMC will be in town Sunday, but will Olivia Culpo be here?
I actually shat myself
Originally posted by kray28:
I think there are some serious risks here. One is that he has an injury history and the Niners aren't exactly known for keeping their players healthy. Second, we gave up a lot of picks for him.

The total draft value of all those picks is equal to a single 1st round pick at position #32.

We don't need picks. We have plenty of talent and depth.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by dioworld:
Trading all these pick for another injury prone player, he'll probably end up in IR within 4 games

thats good enough, we'll be 7-3 by then.

The Chiefs are tough. I hope we beat them of course, I'd feel pretty good about 6-4 as well.
49ers 2023 picks:

3rd
3rd
5th
6th
7th
7th

Plus 3 comp picks coming anywhere from rounds 4 thru 7. 4th might be a stretch but you never know.

They do their best work on day 3 as it is so they've really lost nothing in immediate retrospect.
Originally posted by dj43:
The total draft value of all those picks is equal to a single 1st round pick at position #32.

We don't need picks. We have plenty of talent and depth.

And we still have six picks as it sits. Not a big deal.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Oct 20, 2022 at 11:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
as with most fans, I am worried about the injury history given the injury luck with this team is poor to say the least. But it is what it is. Let's just see what happens

Why worry yourself about probabilities you can't answer? Nothing can be done about hindsight,...just enjoy the ride.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I know CMC will be in town Sunday, but will Olivia Culpo be here?

Sonoco asking the real questions here.

Originally posted by niners94:
Niners got 4 guys on offense that are hard to stop 1 on 1. Kyle and Jimmy better stop messing it up.

but 3 of them likes to drop passes in their hands
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Yeah trading for one of the best players in the league is a total desperation move.

His last 1,000 yard season was 2019 he is still the same player? Idk I hope he stays healthy and is still a good player.

We live for these kinds of discounts
I wouldn't look at this trade as trading for a RB, but rather an offensive weapon. whatever happens, this team isn't boring
Originally posted by niners94:

jimmy aint the problem
Share 49ersWebzone