49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 149 users in the forums

The Snow Bunny Pearl: Christian McCaffrey, RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Snow Bunny Pearl: Christian McCaffrey, RB

I don't know. Seems like an awful lot to give up for a running back. The must not have much faith in Mitchell's ability to stay healthy or believe that undrafted guy they picked up thus year will be a contributor.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'll never forget this route during the draft process that year. This was the day I was all in on this dude. Easily the best route-running RB that I can recall watching.

2017, we should know by now that being good at something in 2017 doesn't mean you're good at it now.

If niners are smart we ease him into this. We got Mitchell back and the next couple teams after KC are beatable

Yeah I wouldn't expect him to see a whole lot of snaps until at least after the bye.

So much for that theory.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/162451-rapoport-christian-mccaffrey-likely-chiefs-before-49ers-workload/
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Wilson's better-NY

I know NYs happy and we all are. This can put us as a serious threat for SB #6 for the next few years. Love it. We are probably drafting VERY LATE, like 31 or 32 so those draft picks…..add a round to them.

The Rams are s**tting themselves, just like I did
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Nice stuff but no more somersaults, please.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
I don't know. Seems like an awful lot to give up for a running back. The must not have much faith in Mitchell's ability to stay healthy or believe that undrafted guy they picked up thus year will be a contributor.

Mitch seems a ways off. The rooks aren't being trusted to do jack. Wilson is fumbling away games. The draft comp isn't that much if he is a star player for us.
What did I tell you? I mean KS babysat CMC when he was a kid...

NOW RUN THE FING BALL, LIKE I SAID!!!!
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Oct 20, 2022 at 11:18 PM ]

I posted this on another post, but it should be offset somewhat by comp picks.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/162445-why-49ers-trade-christian-mccaffrey-isnt-expensive-anticipated/

Why would they believe Mitchell can stay healthy? Last year he missed 6 games on top of having nagging injuries while playing. Then right away week 1 he's out for 2 months
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by kray28:
I think there are some serious risks here. One is that he has an injury history and the Niners aren't exactly known for keeping their players healthy. Second, we gave up a lot of picks for him.

The total draft value of all those picks is equal to a single 1st round pick at position #32.

We don't need picks. We have plenty of talent and depth.

As I understand it, the Panthers are eating $26M of the dead money. So, some of that draft capital is paying for that. I heard his salary will be about $12M for '23, '24 & '25. And restructuring is probable.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I was hoping they would acquire a starting defensive tackle. That's pretty unlikely now.

Roger Craig is my all time favorite player but this guy is almost as good of a runner and probably the best pass catching rb of all time. Worst case if he ever gets injured we have Mitchell as a backup?????? Seriously????? Best rb room in the nfl with the Browns.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Mitch seems a ways off. The rooks aren't being trusted to do jack. Wilson is fumbling away games. The draft comp isn't that much if he is a star player for us.

For every fred Warner / Deebo there's a crap ton of Pettis, ambry Thomas, witherspoon ect.

point is there's a whole lot of crappy players that won't work out. take the proven W. Reload in 2024.

inheard 2023 is a weak draft class is this true?

oh and there a moore that crappy OL we got.
Mason is definitely hype now lol..
Unless CMC gets hurt, even Mitchell is a backup now..
Originally posted by Hopper:
I was hoping they would acquire a starting defensive tackle. That's pretty unlikely now.

Not like we will be playing ATL or the browns so F it. Plus we will have Bosa back and possibly AA eventually
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
So he averaged 5.3 yards this past week vs the Rams. And he was targeted 29 times vs SF, Ari and LA, caught 23 passes for 220 yards. Good news, LA s coming up. lol
Share 49ersWebzone