49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 134 users in the forums

The Snow Bunny Pearl: Christian McCaffrey, RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Snow Bunny Pearl: Christian McCaffrey, RB

Originally posted by frenchmov:
This is a ballsy move. f**k it, let's get weird!

Originally posted by NCommand:
Back to run to set up the pass?

We're 26th in the league in passing attempts.
It feels like he's been in the league forever because he left college early, but he's only 26. He should have many more prime years with us, especially if you give the tough pounding yardage to Mitchell.
I was just reading an NFL Twitter feed, so many Talking Heads that are butthurt AF guys like Pete Prisco and others. The running narrative is well that sure is a lot to give up for a running back/injury prone player. Yeah OK it is a hell of a lot of compensation but he's no more injury prone than half the other players. Here's the thing, he's not just a running back. Think of how Kyle Juszczyk has been referred to as an offensive weapon by the team. Now that may be a bit of hyperbole but McCaffrey is that offensive weapon you would consider juice, only times 100.
Originally posted by Hopper:
I was hoping they would acquire a starting defensive tackle. That's pretty unlikely now.

I was too. But thinking back this is a position of weakness for us. Maybe we still may trade for a DE. We got a ton of 3's. Give it all to Carolina for burns lol.

the only proven trades I've seen work really well is that for a fierce pass rush. It's only way to slow down all these stud qb's. Tom Brady's Tampa bowl, Eli mannings giants. I hope we make another move for Somone that can get to the qb or at least sure up the run defemse
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
This is a ballsy move. f**k it, let's get weird!

Ballsy? Not really, called it days ago.

Mitchell is probably still banged up..
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I was just reading an NFL Twitter feed, so many Talking Heads that are butthurt AF guys like Pete Prisco and others. The running narrative is well that sure is a lot to give up for a running back/injury prone player. Yeah OK it is a hell of a lot of compensation but he's no more injury prone than half the other players. Here's the thing, he's not just a running back. Think of how Kyle Juszczyk has been referred to as an offensive weapon by the team. Now that may be a bit of hyperbole but McCaffrey is that offensive weapon you would consider juice, only times 100.

They'd be praising the Rams and Bills if they made this move
Wideback x2
He's probably excited to finally have adult sized TV numbers on his jersey.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I didn't think there was any chance of this happening. We've had trouble hitting the outside zone since Elijah got hurt, so I'd imagine that CMC will help there. Initially I got a lump in my throat when I saw the compensation, but as Rohan points out on the zone front page, it isn't as bad as it appears.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/162445-why-49ers-trade-christian-mccaffrey-isnt-expensive-anticipated/

I wonder if the compensation was what it turned out to be because we were competing with the Rams. I have no evidence of this, just speculation on my part.

Seems to be the case. I just noticed that this whole conversation was me talking to myself.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/162454-49ers-reportedly-beat-out-rams-christian-mccaffrey/
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Oct 20, 2022 at 11:35 PM ]

this team needed a spark
WE ALL HE NEED !! WE ALL HE NEED !!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
First you damn well know SF isn't gonna trade for him. Second Wilson absolutely fits the scheme and has the vision burst you want. If it was just the scheme then sermon wouldn't have been cut.

look as a dumb fan id think it's cool to have CMC, looking at it logically our RBs aren't bad at all. We played with a JV defense last week and got down 14 quick. Running game is gone. We got a QB that doesn't allow for light boxes and plays out of the gun all game. It hurts the run game regardless of who's back there…CMC is much much better as a pass catcher and route runner so that's valuable. That also takes targets away from our other playmakers.

oh no, check out all the slides for the lols This IG page is giving me chest pains from laughing so hard.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 20, 2022 at 11:43 PM ]
The fact that we outbid the Rams for him makes this trade all the sweeter.

Half this fanbase complaining about how Lynch sits on his hands and lets the Rams make "ballsy" move after "ballsy" move because they "want to win."

Well we just did so ourselves and blocked the Rams in the process. Happy?

And you know for a fact fans complaining about this move would be complaining twice as hard if the Rams got him lol
Share 49ersWebzone