49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 151 users in the forums

The Snow Bunny Pearl: Christian McCaffrey, RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Snow Bunny Pearl: Christian McCaffrey, RB

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
First you damn well know SF isn't gonna trade for him. Second Wilson absolutely fits the scheme and has the vision burst you want. If it was just the scheme then sermon wouldn't have been cut.

look as a dumb fan id think it's cool to have CMC, looking at it logically our RBs aren't bad at all. We played with a JV defense last week and got down 14 quick. Running game is gone. We got a QB that doesn't allow for light boxes and plays out of the gun all game. It hurts the run game regardless of who's back there…CMC is much much better as a pass catcher and route runner so that's valuable. That also takes targets away from our other playmakers.

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
The fact that we outbid the Rams for him makes this trade all the sweeter.

Half this fanbase complaining about how Lynch sits on his hands and lets the Rams make "ballsy" move after "ballsy" move because they "want to win."

Well we just did so ourselves and blocked the Rams in the process. Happy?

And you know for a fact fans complaining about this move would be complaining twice as hard if the Rams got him lol

This x infinity

We blocked the Rams just like what they did to us last year with Stafford.

Do all you realize that if we didn't give up that draft capital the Rams would have him right now?

MOST IMPORTANTLY, since the Rams don't have good pass protection, all Stafford would have to do is dump it off to McCaffrey 10 or 15 times per game and our pass rush would be neutralized a lot more. It would've been worth two or three second round picks to cock block them from that. Think about that before claiming we gave up too much. This guy is a once in a decade and type of player
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
The NFC is wide open. Have to make a splash move like this. And this is not a rental. So we can just pretend CMC is our 2nd RD pick next year.

2nd rd pick rookie is a proven ProBowler? Not likely.
Draft picks are useless most of the time, ask Solomon Thomas Trey Sermon Ruben Foster the list goes on and on, rather have proven players and probowlers any day.

I agree with you, but proven players get expensive really fast. With that said, I would love it if they also picked up OBJ.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Cheezus if CMC can regain his 2019 form, the 49ers will hav themselves a cheat code on offense!!!

I talked to a couple Panthers fans who said hes still just as able as he was in 2019, he's been in a horrible offense.
I agree with you, but proven players get expensive really fast. With that said, I would love it if they also picked up OBJ.

The salary cap is going up and since he has no guaranteed money we can restructure next year to keep some of our great players.
Originally posted by Niners99:
I talked to a couple Panthers fans who said hes still just as able as he was in 2019, he's been in a horrible offense.

Yep. 2019 was the last year Rivera was HC for him, and we all just saw what the Rhule regime since then "accomplished".
Originally posted by Niners99:

Exactly, CAR are the BIG LOSERS here.

They loss out on Jimmy G in the off-season and got Baker Dudfield and ate a bunch of his salary cap and Sam Donald is still on their roster with his salary, loss embarrassingly to the 9ers and got no choice but to fired their inept HC, now they traded away CMC to the 9ers for worthless draft picks only to eat much of CMCs salary this year LOL, talk about fail FO and mismanagement, it's like Trent Balkee and the failed FO with Nolan are in charge in CAR 🤣

Of course no one in the sports media hack is talking about the TRUTH here, they're too busy being jealous and hateful about 9ers getting CMC and continue to make a serious SB run like any other serious team should do.. same old sh*t and nonsense and don't forget 🤡 cohn, oh this CMC move is too expensive... 🤣
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Oct 21, 2022 at 12:35 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The last time the 9ers won a Super Bowl there was a Shanahan calling plays and a McCaffrey on the roster!!!
Just found out. Absolutely jacked!

We still have picks and SL can wheel and deal (as they like to do) in the draft to compensate. If CMC is healthy:
Originally posted by dj43:
Just for fun, I looked at the draft value chart for 2023. Here is what I came up with based on the 49ers finishing as the 8th overall seed in the playoffs, a conservative estimate now with CMC on board. In this scenario:
their 2nd round pick, #55 = 350 points,
3rd round pick, #87 = 155 points
4th round pick, #119 = 56 points
5th round pick, #151 = 30 points
TOTAL = 591 POINTS

Compare that to the value of a 1st round pick if the 49ers win the Super Bowl this year = 590.

IOW, in terms of draft value, the 49ers got CMC for the equivalent of a single 1st round pick.

Now I recognize that what Lynch actually gave up is the opportunity to draft four players, however, it is extremely unlikely any of those players will come close to what CMC offers right now.

you can take one or heck maybe 2 of those picks and throw them away, because at least one of them was going to be ANOTHER RB.

So it is 1 running back versus 1rb and 3 other players.

When it is all said and done, I just don't think there is a better offensive bang for your buck for gross 12 million dollars, unless you strike absolute gold in the draft. The cost tho is not really 12 million, it is probably closer to a net 8 million.

Someone who knows the salary cap a heck of a lot better then I do might chime in but....

According to BR the average salary breakdown per round is:

First round: $18.4 million
Second round: $6.9 million
Third round: $4.4 million
Fourth round: $3.3 million
Fifth round: $2.95 million
Sixth round: $2.8 million
Seventh round: $2.7 million

divided by 4 that is 1.72+1.1+825k+725k for a total salary of those traded picks just shy of 4.4 million in base salary. No cap hold or dead money because no one was ever drafted by the 49ers with those picks.

CM at 12m is roughly 8 million more.

at 8 million that is a hell of a lot of offensive potential.
The last time the 9ers won a Super Bowl there was a Shanahan calling plays and a McCaffrey on the roster!!!

Great call Kolohe 👏 Roger Craig 2.0 with extra speed

Don't forget Mike Shanahan and Elway won SB with Denver because they had Terrell Davis in the backfield, they know the importance of a probowler (HOF) RB especially with a run heavy offense they run, now they got CMC the chance of winning games especially on offense has dramatically increased.
I loved it that the NFL commentators we're mostly picking the Niners to come out of the NFC this year. We're back baby!
Deebo, AB, Kittle, Juice, Jennings and now CMC.. too many weapons and options to cover, the offense can now compliment a great D if everyone stays healthy to make a SB run.

Next season add Trey to the mix and call it a day 🤣
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Oct 21, 2022 at 12:47 AM ]
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I don´t know what to think about this trade.
The player is fantastic and he´s just entering in his prime.
He´s a perfect player in this offense and he will help a lot his QBs.
But he´s injury prone! That´s not what the Niners needed after all the injuries this season.
I´m not too worried about the draft picks but still that´s a lot of picks. Drake Jackson is proving that you can find impactful second round picks.

That being said, the Niners beat the Rams for the trade apparently and at least that will silence the annoying guys crying because the Rams go "all in" everytime and Lynch and Shanahan are just "waiting".
Originally posted by pdc20:
I don´t know what to think about this trade.
The player is fantastic and he´s just entering in his prime.
He´s a perfect player in this offense and he will help a lot his QBs.
But he´s injury prone! That´s not what the Niners needed after all the injuries this season.
I´m not too worried about the draft picks but still that´s a lot of picks. Drake Jackson is proving that you can find impactful second round picks.

That being said, the Niners beat the Rams for the trade apparently and at least that will silence the annoying guys crying because the Rams go "all in" everytime and Lynch and Shanahan are just "waiting".

SB now is the time, RUN THE FING BALL. CMC satisfy both.
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Oct 21, 2022 at 12:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone