There are 257 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Christian McCaffrey, Elite RB

Originally posted by ajsjohnson:
But WHO would get traded that could recoup more than a day 3 pick?

We gave up a couple day 3 picks? We ain't getting that 2nd back and if Ryans becomes a HC (which is pretty likely) there's your recoup of the 3rd.

End of the day it's draft picks. I initially was against it because I thought we needed help elsewhere. No denying dude is electric though
Originally posted by ajsjohnson:
Confusing. The team needs O-linemen way more than CMC. Much different from Rams moves, which addressed the 2 most impactful (and why I preferred Burns to CMC) positions in football and added a great WR to boot. Still, I of course pray that this actually moves the needle for the offense in a way I don't anticipate, but it is telling that the Super Bowl champs and probable future SB champs Bills/Chiefs didn't think it was worth adding him at that price. The Rams really could've used him, and he would be a game changer for both the Bills/Chiefs with their mediocre running games. That said, I hope this catapults us to a championship--Go Niners!

Ironic
Originally posted by NYniner85:
See ya later 2023 draft lol. Told ya it wasn't gonna be a 3rd and nothing much else

For a 🏆 F**k the draft picks
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
See ya later 2023 draft lol. Told ya it wasn't gonna be a 3rd and nothing much else

For a 🏆 F**k the draft picks

Next 2-3 years this team gonna be fun to watch.
Oh and not once in six years has kyle integrated the short backfield pass game into his offense. He sends backs out for surprise high risk chunk plays down field. He's not gonna start building a 6 - 8 yard game now.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Oh and not once in six years has kyle integrated the short backfield pass game into his offense. He sends backs out for surprise high risk chunk plays down field. He's not gonna start building a 6 - 8 yard game now.

Did you watch him in Atlanta?
Hes had 8 fumbles in about 130p carries + receptions. That's pretty good.

Saw your other post about not being able to afford him. He's dirt cheap this yr and I'm gonna go ahead and say he restructures his contract (more GTD $) which can lower is cap hit and push stuff down the road.

benefits of having a rookie QB contract.

unless i am wrong,

49ers are around 5 million of the cap invested in RBs yesterday.

If they cut Coleman, that is @4 million (yesterday).

When Mitchell comes back if they cut another back without trading for CMC then it is down to @3 million.

in the short term if they roster Mitchell, TDP and CMC that puts the RBs @14 million. Bears are @ 19m , Dallas @ 18m, and saints @17m for comparison.

Not drafting those 4 traded picks amounts to @ 4 million in cap savings. (yes it gets murky with young guys being cheaper then the guys they are replacing).

You replace those 4 guys with 6/7th round guys or Rookie Free agents and it nets you @ 3 million in savings.

CMC's worst contract year was @12 million on the 49ers books from what was posted, but really without the salary cap impact from the picks, and the loss of at least 1 RB not being carried by the team going forward and that 12 million is really 7/8 million.

It really is not a bad value for a guy who has superstar potential, with a skill set that should really age well (rare for RBs).

This is Christmas in October!

Pumped!!!
Originally posted by Fresh49:
Trade makes sense but that was a lot of picks, Idk if we have others to replace those we lost, if so, fine. The money isnt too bad, plus he's on a team friendly deal, which is good too.

My only concern is its another injury prone guy added to the bunch. I also wondered prior were there any decent Olinemen available to trade for, but oh well, hope it all ends favorably for us in the end.

It is a lot of picks. Hopefully a low 2nd (that was the only pick I didn't want to move)

we still have a 3rd and I'm guessing we will get another if Ryans becomes a HC.

won't be shocked if we try to move someone before the deadline.

Agreed. I wouldve wanted to keep that 2nd too. We get comp picks for losing Mayhew, Mcdaniels and Saleh I believe in the 3rd so no worries there imo.

I hope not Mitchell, he and CMC as a 1-2 would be good, and hopefully it keeps Deebo out the backfield as much too.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Are you watching him here?
Jimmy not costing us very much either. I wouldnt be dreaming about trey anytime soon. Trey will be our qb if we cant extend bosa.

Speaking of bosa, if im nick im wondering these guys don't seem interested in paying me. Cmc is gonna eat up 10m in cap next year if he stays. Am i gonna haggle like a bum for half smoked cigarettes to get a paraag cheapskate contract?

I don't see how this move leads to a sustainable championship locker room from a budgetary perspective.

It also goes against kyle rb by committee approach and makes our play calling more predictable. Another superstar snap quota to fill. This is a fantasy football move not a real football move.

We gave up picks we could have used to draft iol. Forget about dynasty just trying to make a splash in 2022

There is no reason they won't be extending Bosa. His contract won't be ridiculous for a couple yrs with his 5th yr option. This has no baring on Bosa. Maybe McG but not Bosa. Nick very well might not have wanted a deal done this yr with the TV contracts set to explode the next couple yrs.

CMC has absolutely zero GTD money tied to SF. They will restructure his contract, which more than likely lower his cap hit next yr.

Jimmy is gone after this yr so no point in even bringing him up. Hopefully we can get a future comp pick when he signs elsewhere. You gotta accept that Lance is the QB going forward. They aren't throwing away years of 1sts without given him a couple yrs of playing first. that's the reality of it. Starting QB on a rookie deal makes everything work.

actually last yr kyle ran Mitchell primarily, there wasn't a RB by committee if you look at his carries. How is having a RB with CMC pass caching skills make this team more predictable? That's simply not true.

we gave up what if picks for a guy that can step in and be special right now. I really didn't want to move the 2nd but that's the price. People complain we don't do what the Rams/eagles do and now we're still complaining. There's no pleasing everyone I guess.

Yep and when Kyle had a good receiver out of the backfield Jet McKinnon he threw the ball to him quite a bit. But you mad cause instead of forcing a passing game to Jeff Wilson (who's signature play is a passing play) he decides to design plays for Deebo.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
unless i am wrong,

49ers are around 5 million of the cap invested in RBs yesterday.

If they cut Coleman, that is @4 million (yesterday).

When Mitchell comes back if they cut another back without trading for CMC then it is down to @3 million.

in the short term if they roster Mitchell, TDP and CMC that puts the RBs @14 million. Bears are @ 19m , Dallas @ 18m, and saints @17m for comparison.

Not drafting those 4 traded picks amounts to @ 4 million in cap savings. (yes it gets murky with young guys being cheaper then the guys they are replacing).

You replace those 4 guys with 6/7th round guys or Rookie Free agents and it nets you @ 3 million in savings.

CMC's worst contract year was @12 million on the 49ers books from what was posted, but really without the salary cap impact from the picks, and the loss of at least 1 RB not being carried by the team going forward and that 12 million is really 7/8 million.

It really is not a bad value for a guy who has superstar potential, with a skill set that should really age well (rare for RBs).

Yup, According to spotrac currently we have $4M invested at RB

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/running-back/

CMC adds $$690k this yr. In 2023 it's $12M with zero GTD cash, that will be redone without question.

Yep and when Kyle had a good receiver out of the backfield Jet McKinnon he threw the ball to him quite a bit. But you mad cause instead of forcing a passing game to Jeff Wilson (who's signature play is a passing play) he decides to design plays for Deebo.

Do people honestly think kyle is incapable of calling screen passes and short passes to RBs OR do you need the personnel to call such plays? We see bubble screens all the damn time to Deebo/Kittle/BA but we can't do that with CMC lol wut?
Share 49ersWebzone