There are 130 users in the forums

2024 Madden darling Christian McCaffrey, RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

2024 Madden darling Christian McCaffrey, RB

Originally posted by ninerjok:
I was just reading an NFL Twitter feed, so many Talking Heads that are butthurt AF guys like Pete Prisco and others. The running narrative is well that sure is a lot to give up for a running back/injury prone player. Yeah OK it is a hell of a lot of compensation but he's no more injury prone than half the other players. Here's the thing, he's not just a running back. Think of how Kyle Juszczyk has been referred to as an offensive weapon by the team. Now that may be a bit of hyperbole but McCaffrey is that offensive weapon you would consider juice, only times 100.

Probowl RB. No other RB on the roster is a probowler.

"The move finally gives McCaffrey a chance to play for the 49ers and coach Kyle Shanahan, a pairing that nearly happened when McCaffrey entered the 2017 NFL draft. San Francisco held the No. 2 pick in that draft, and Shanahan has said on multiple occasions that he strongly considered McCaffrey with that initial first-round pick of his tenure before opting for defensive lineman Solomon Thomas, McCaffrey's Stanford teammate, after a trade down to No. 3."

Solomon Thomas.. what a FAIL 3rd overall PICK.
Draft picks are more useless and ALL LUCK BASED most of the time especially compared to proven players and probowler, just copy what the Lambs did last season and win the SB when your roster is SB ready.. "49ers reportedly beat out Rams for RB Christian McCaffrey"
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Oct 20, 2022 at 11:42 PM ]
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I didn't think there was any chance of this happening. We've had trouble hitting the outside zone since Elijah got hurt, so I'd imagine that CMC will help there. Initially I got a lump in my throat when I saw the compensation, but as Rohan points out on the zone front page, it isn't as bad as it appears.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/162445-why-49ers-trade-christian-mccaffrey-isnt-expensive-anticipated/

"overall, the 49ers could end up with more draft capital than before, even with the McCaffrey trade."

That's not how numbers work, or how time works lol. They obviously have less draft capital now than they did before this trade.

I also hate the we're-so-bad-at-drafting-who-cares-about-picks argument.

From a trade-value perspective I hate the move. But from a football perspective, I'm excited to see what CMC can do in Shanahan's offense!

FO is beyond all-in on years 4 and 5 of Trey Lance's rookie deal. Let's go get that ring!!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
First you damn well know SF isn't gonna trade for him. Second Wilson absolutely fits the scheme and has the vision burst you want. If it was just the scheme then sermon wouldn't have been cut.

look as a dumb fan id think it's cool to have CMC, looking at it logically our RBs aren't bad at all. We played with a JV defense last week and got down 14 quick. Running game is gone. We got a QB that doesn't allow for light boxes and plays out of the gun all game. It hurts the run game regardless of who's back there…CMC is much much better as a pass catcher and route runner so that's valuable. That also takes targets away from our other playmakers.

85 TOO FUNNY !!! 85 TOO FUNNY !!!
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
I didn't think there was any chance of this happening. We've had trouble hitting the outside zone since Elijah got hurt, so I'd imagine that CMC will help there. Initially I got a lump in my throat when I saw the compensation, but as Rohan points out on the zone front page, it isn't as bad as it appears.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/162445-why-49ers-trade-christian-mccaffrey-isnt-expensive-anticipated/

"overall, the 49ers could end up with more draft capital than before, even with the McCaffrey trade."

That's not how numbers work, or how time works lol. They obviously have less draft capital now than they did before this trade.

From a trade-value perspective I hate the move. But from a football perspective, I'm excited to see what CMC can do in Shanahan's offense!

FO is beyond all-in on years 4 and 5 of Trey Lance's rookie deal. Let's go get that ring!!

Who cares about draft capital.. the draft is ALL LUCK most of the time, rather have a proven player and probowler than any draft pick(s), how the Lambs won SB last year, especially a position of need with a SB ready roster and even better a player that can stay and be useful for the long haul. Mitchell likely is still hurt..
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Oct 20, 2022 at 11:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
I was hoping they would acquire a starting defensive tackle. That's pretty unlikely now.

Free agency?

[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 20, 2022 at 11:56 PM ]
I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I LITERALLY CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED OMG
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:

Yeah, the more than before was a weird statement, but my point is that it should at least be offset somewhat by the comp picks we have coming.
Another chess piece for Shany that he was hoping to get from Jet Mckinnon couple of years ago. We all said that Deebo is one of those great players that has a unique skillset . I thought CMC is in the same mold like Deebo..And now we have both of them that Shany can move around. Exciting!
Can you imagine if we get Cordarrelle Patterson next off-season? This would be Shanahan's perfect dream offense, three elite positionless offensive players. Actually if you throw in juice, that's four
Finally ProBowlers at every offensive skill position except for QB, STILL SAME OLD GAME MANAGER JIMMY G... He has no excuse to not win a SB now... stupid Jimmy G 🤣
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Oct 21, 2022 at 12:11 AM ]

The NFC is wide open. Have to make a splash move like this. And this is not a rental. So we can just pretend CMC is our 2nd RD pick next year.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Another chess piece for Shany that he was hoping to get from Jet Mckinnon couple of years ago. We all said that Deebo is one of those great players that has a unique skillset . I thought CMC is in the same mold like Deebo..And now we have both of them that Shany can move around. Exciting!

Great point.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
The NFC is wide open. Have to make a splash move like this. And this is not a rental. So we can just pretend CMC is our 2nd RD pick next year.

Pretty much this.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Cheezus if CMC can regain his 2019 form, the 49ers will hav themselves a cheat code on offense!!!

Originally posted by JTB1974:

2nd rd pick rookie is a proven ProBowler? Not likely.
Draft picks are useless most of the time, ask Solomon Thomas Trey Sermon Ruben Foster the list goes on and on, rather have proven players and probowlers any day.
Share 49ersWebzone