Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Chargers Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 10

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
What a power duo this was

49erswebzone 1995:

Seifert should retire! We should've kept Shanahan! We have Pete Carroll to run the D! Grbac > Young

I don't think anyone would have ever said that about Grbac, but the rest of it is par for the course. 😂😂😂

Oh, there was that debate…circa 1996

Forgot for '95: Trestman sucks!!!

It was insane! After Young went down week 5 1995 against the Colts, we beat the unbeaten Rams, lost to the Saints and Panthers, then steamrolled Dallas and Miami with Grbac? Crazy days. Hard to believe how many people thought Young was on the way out for Grbac in 1996.
[ Edited by DASeiler49 on Nov 6, 2022 at 4:00 PM ]
Originally posted by tohara3:
Go 49ers!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Herbert is overrated

No my friend, that title would belong to Geno Smith.

Lol I was letting my dogs run at the park and listening to the radio in my car and they were talking Geno as an MVP candidate on ESPN radio.

Exactly!!!

I'm tired of seeing everyone on the NFL talk shows hyping up Geno Smith.
Herbert is overrated

Lol I was letting my dogs run at the park and listening to the radio in my car and they were talking Geno as an MVP candidate on ESPN radio.

Exactly!!!

Unless we take care of business on the road on a short week (Thu game) when we play in SEA, we're going to here a lot more of it.
Originally posted by DASeiler49:

49erswebzone 1995:

Seifert should retire! We should've kept Shanahan! We have Pete Carroll to run the D! Grbac > Young

I don't think anyone would have ever said that about Grbac, but the rest of it is par for the course. 😂😂😂

It was insane! After Young went down week 5 1995 against the Colts, we beat the unbeaten Rams, lost to the Saints and Panthers, then steamrolled Dallas and Miami with Grbac? Crazy days. Hard to believe how many people thought Young was on the way out for Grbac in 1996.

'95: nobody really thought Grbac was gonna usurp Young, more that Grbac was a decent fallback who had the luxury of throwing to Rice, Taylor, Jones and Stokes (running game was a joke that year)…once Young came back, all was right again until the stupid late season loss to Atlanta, and having to because of that face GB

'96: Young started getting a buncha concussions mid season and the rumblings started that maybe the team should transition to Grbac, though no one would argue that Young was still the better running QB.
MOMENTUM GAME !!!

SHOOT OUT against the BOLTS !!

SF 44
LAC 40
Gonna be a nail biter. Chargers much better than the Rams.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 6, 2022 at 7:31 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Herbert is overrated

Exactly!!!

Unless we take care of business on the road on a short week (Thu game) when we play in SEA, we're going to here a lot more of it.

Plain and simple the 49ers just need to stay healthy and get healthy. The 49ers got a big bite from the injury bug and that's the only thing that stops the 9ers.
Lets f**king gooooo
Originally posted by DASeiler49:

49erswebzone 1995:

'95: nobody really thought Grbac was gonna usurp Young, more that Grbac was a decent fallback who had the luxury of throwing to Rice, Taylor, Jones and Stokes (running game was a joke that year)…once Young came back, all was right again until the stupid late season loss to Atlanta, and having to because of that face GB

'96: Young started getting a buncha concussions mid season and the rumblings started that maybe the team should transition to Grbac, though no one would argue that Young was still the better running QB.

Yeah, Derrick Lovelle was terrible and when William Floyd went down against the Saints, our running game was garbage in 95. Losing Watters hurt us far more than losing Deion in free agency.

Maybe not where you live, but here in New Mexico and the online forums I was on? Good lord, everyone seemed to think Young was washed up.

Good times, great teams. I miss having that talent at QB. We were spoiled and had no idea just how much. Really enjoy looking back on those squads.
[ Edited by DASeiler49 on Nov 6, 2022 at 9:55 PM ]

Chargers can't stop the run……… I'm not worried about them.
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Chargers can't stop the run……… I'm not worried about them.

all herbert does is throw to ekeler
Our last win over the chargers was in 2000.

Kyle Shanahan was a WR for the Longhorns. Jim Harbaugh was the Chargers' backup to Ryan Leaf. Tom Brady was a rookie on the bench. The hanging Chad controversy was still looming over the US.

I know it's not a huge deal since we only play every 4 years, and have basically had a completely different roster every time we've played them, but it's one of those nagging things.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

Kyle Shanahan was a WR for the Longhorns. Jim Harbaugh was the Chargers' backup to Ryan Leaf. Tom Brady was a rookie on the bench. The hanging Chad controversy was still looming over the US.

I know it's not a huge deal since we only play every 4 years, and have basically had a completely different roster every time we've played them, but it's one of those nagging things.

Annoying we never beat Philip Rivers, especially in 2010, 2014 and 2018 when on paper/prior to injuries the Niners were arguably more talented

2010: dubious reffing/Justin Smith ejection

2014: the last gasp of the Harbaugh era

2018: Jimmy G gone for the year the week before
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

And before week 7, KC has never won in San Francsico. I'm done looking at history as evidence why this team will or will not win. I did that for gambling a lot and lost a lot of money. lol
Share 49ersWebzone