Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Chargers Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 10

Austin Eck is a problem he may be the best non 49er RB in the league
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Herbert is overrated

No my friend, that title would belong to Geno Smith.

Lol I was letting my dogs run at the park and listening to the radio in my car and they were talking Geno as an MVP candidate on ESPN radio.

Exactly!!!

I'm tired of seeing everyone on the NFL talk shows hyping up Geno Smith.

Thru 9 games, more than half the season, he is top 6 in almost all categories. MVP isn't a life time achievement award. Based solely on this season, he sadly should be in the discussion at this point.
Lol I was letting my dogs run at the park and listening to the radio in my car and they were talking Geno as an MVP candidate

I call bs on this. No such thing as talking dogs.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Nov 7, 2022 at 10:32 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Herbert is overrated

No my friend, that title would belong to Geno Smith.

Lol I was letting my dogs run at the park and listening to the radio in my car and they were talking Geno as an MVP candidate on ESPN radio.

Exactly!!!

I'm tired of seeing everyone on the NFL talk shows hyping up Geno Smith.

Thru 9 games, more than half the season, he is top 6 in almost all categories. MVP isn't a life time achievement award. Based solely on this season, he sadly should be in the discussion at this point.

Can you just let me hate on Seattle and their success in peace!!!
Can you just let me hate on Seattle and their success in peace!!!

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Austin Eck is a problem he may be the best non 49er RB in the league

he's kind of like CMC
I haven't been following the Chargers so I don't know much about them but Herbert has certainly earned some props through his first few years in the league. Looking at the game through the lens of that unfamiliarity this one seems to represent the biggest unknown in terms of their remaining schedule. Once you get past the Chargers the rest of the teams we face look pretty beatable, including the Seahawks who I don't think are quite as good as their record, and recent press clippings, might indicate.

Being an "any given Sunday" type of guy I won't count out anybody but IF the team gets healthy and IF they can avoid any catastrophic injuries moving forward and IF Jason Verrett can come back and contribute in a meaningful way, I think this team is certainly capable of winning out if they play up to their abilities and don't find way to beat themselves. Go Niners!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Remember this one

Last time we beat the Chargers?
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Would love to see a play action deep shot first play of game, give Jimmy some big confidence if it hits

• 91til
  • Veteran
Herbert is a lot better than his stats this year suggest. And imagine us playing with Jennings and McCloud as our top two WRs, that's basically what he's dealing with right now. Lucky for us.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Gonna be a nail biter. Chargers much better than the Rams.

Not at all. Much worse. Way worse on Defense. Offense and qb play comparable at this point. Maybe when Keenan Allen comes back Herbert will start throwing to WRs again instead of 15 targets to Eckler every game
Originally posted by 91til:
Herbert is a lot better than his stats this year suggest. And imagine us playing with Jennings and McCloud as our top two WRs, that's basically what he's dealing with right now. Lucky for us.

yep, so glad Mike Williams and Kenan Allen are out. makes me feel alot better.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Originally posted by 91til:

yep, so glad Mike Williams and Kenan Allen are out. makes me feel alot better.

Finally we get to play a team that has some major injuries like every team has benefited when facing us. However the Chargers get to play us without Mosley and both of our defensive tackles and Al Shaair
Originally posted by elguapo:
Finally we get to play a team that has some major injuries like every team has benefited when facing us. However the Chargers get to play us without Mosley and both of our defensive tackles and Al Shaair

Al Shaair is supposed to play
Share 49ersWebzone