LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 141 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Tom Brady is not only going to make the playoffs, but host a home game. That dude is winning on a losing team. How is that possible?

Because, he makes everyone around him better.

And he makes ever other team worse in the division for some reason, just like when he was with the Patriots.
Bosa still has the NFL sack lead. He should get at least two against the commanders. Muhahaha I really want him to get first team all pro and DPOY, since he was so shafted SO bad last year.

Usually, a player not getting those accolades means they won't get as big of a contract, but we all know Bosa Is getting that regardless - and he deserves it. So I want him to get everything he can! Build that first ballot HOF career right infront is our eyes 😍
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Tom Brady is not only going to make the playoffs, but host a home game. That dude is winning on a losing team. How is that possible?

Because, he makes everyone around him better.

And he makes ever other team worse in the division for some reason, just like when he was with the Patriots.

Benefits of being the GOAT? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
I thought heineke was supposed to be good? My buddy kept saying with Brock we found our heineke but I saw nothing impressive today

Heinicke isn't very good on 3rd down and has a low TD%. Their defense and ST's are what keep them in games. If we can shut down their run game and play turnover free football on offense, it will be an easy win.

Unless the Niners just totally lay a poo poo, I don't see how we lose this one. Poo poo games certainly do happen. Philly should have wiped the Commanders but literally everything went right for Washington including some fluky fumbles. If the Niners pound the rock successfully we will win by at least 13+
Some of you all were worried about the matchup with theses guys a few pages ago? We should destroy them
Originally posted by mattster03:
Some of you all were worried about the matchup with theses guys a few pages ago? We should destroy them

Really? The 49ers will face a HIGHLY motivated NFL team this Saturday. The CommandSkins will be fighting for their playoff lives. I do not see this as an easy win. Not in the slightest. I envision a slugfest against a young and talented team.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Really? The 49ers will face a HIGHLY motivated NFL team this Saturday. The CommandSkins will be fighting for their playoff lives. I do not see this as an easy win. Not in the slightest. I envision a slugfest against a young and talented team.

Purdy needs these types of tests now before we head into the Playoffs. So its good for him.
The Giants #29 ranked defense held the commies to 12 pts. I am sure Bosa and company will do a little better...
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Purdy needs these types of tests now before we head into the Playoffs. So its good for him.

Agreed. But I do not see this as an "easy" win. The remaining schedule is filled with teams the 49ers should beat. On paper, that is. These are trap games, imo. The 49ers could lose any one of the three.

Also keep in mind that Brock Purdy hasn't played a bad game yet. He will at some point. He's human. Some team will intercept those Purdy terrible passes that Seattle and Tampa Bay dropped.

Nothing should be surprising anymore. Look at the Texans the past two weeks. Look at the Jags. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if Seattle beat KC next week.

Every NFL team is good. The Texans almost beat the Chiefs. But guess what, bad teams do bad team things and mediocre teams like the Washington Whitewash will do what mediocre teams do.

The Texans showed everyone why they only won one game. It's not because they don't have talent, it's because they don't have enough talent to overcome not playing a perfect game. Mediocre and bad teams need to play a perfect game to beat a really good team. On top of that, that really good team has to make a ton of mistakes. The Chiefs made a ton of mistakes, but the Texans also made mistakes which they couldn't do.

If the Niners make a ton of mistakes on Saturday and the Whitewash makes none, we'll lose.

Lets pray that we don't get this officiating crew. Because they literally costed them the game, on two plays. I wander if the league will own up to this, admit that Washington should have won that game, and issue out punishment to the official responsible. But we know that's not gonna happen.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Dec 19, 2022 at 8:58 AM ]

they just played a tough divisional game. it's a short week. and they're traveling across the country on that short week.

They'll be motivated but on a pure talent and coaching level, the 49ers should still win, especially playing at home and with Washington on a short week.

Shut down their run game and their offense is done. Against their defense, the ball has to come out fast to nullify their pass rush.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Lets pray that we don't get this officiating crew. Because they literally costed them the game, on two plays. I wander if the league will own up to this, admit that Washington should have won that game, and issue out punishment to the official responsible. But we know that's not gonna happen.

I don't typically comment on NFL officiating because it seems like everything subjective these days, but the last two plays of this game were inexcusable imo. It's a shame the game with the biggest implications this year let officiating dictate the outcome.
Share 49ersWebzone