LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 241 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Lets pray that we don't get this officiating crew. Because they literally costed them the game, on two plays. I wander if the league will own up to this, admit that Washington should have won that game, and issue out punishment to the official responsible. But we know that's not gonna happen.

I know you think that officiating "cost" Washington the game. But, it isn't the official's job to make sure the player is lined up correctly. That's on the player and the coaching staff. Officials are there to officiate a game that players should already know how to play.

Officials don't make the rules about where to line up. The league does. Teams rely on officials to enforce the rules.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Really? The 49ers will face a HIGHLY motivated NFL team this Saturday. The CommandSkins will be fighting for their playoff lives. I do not see this as an easy win. Not in the slightest. I envision a slugfest against a young and talented team.

They'll be motivated but on a pure talent and coaching level, the 49ers should still win, especially playing at home and with Washington on a short week.

Shut down their run game and their offense is done. Against their defense, the ball has to come out fast to nullify their pass rush.

I was surprised by the lack of pressure being developed by WAS last night.

They might be getting Chase Young back next week
Niners register their 2nd shutout of the season

Niners 27
Commies 0

Lets pray that we don't get this officiating crew. Because they literally costed them the game, on two plays. I wander if the league will own up to this, admit that Washington should have won that game, and issue out punishment to the official responsible. But we know that's not gonna happen.

That ref literally told him he was in a good spot, then you can clearly see him reaching for his flag before the ball is snapped. Then he throws the flag immediately. Scumbag move.

BUT, thank god they didn't score and the game ended. I won my fantasy playoffs by .5 points, if that game went on any longer I would have lost!

I know you think that officiating "cost" Washington the game. But, it isn't the official's job to make sure the player is lined up correctly. That's on the player and the coaching staff. Officials are there to officiate a game that players should already know how to play.

Officials don't make the rules about where to line up. The league does. Teams rely on officials to enforce the rules.

It is their job to confirm or deny that a player is on the LOS if they ask though. I saw the same thing in the replay that the official does seem to nod when Mclaurin asks and then he starts grabbing for his flag. Seemed like he set up that receiver to fail
I was trying to watch their game last night but didn't get a chance to focus.

how did they look against the giants? A team of probably the same exact level

was there offense capable of big plays? The only thing that scares me is their DL
Our D is humming now and the offense under young Purdy has been steady. We got some extra rest while they're on a short week and traveling cross country. We are the better team and should win this handily. But they are fighting for their playoff lives..so I see a close 24-16 Niners win.
Originally posted by braap49er:

That ref literally told him he was in a good spot, then you can clearly see him reaching for his flag before the ball is snapped. Then he throws the flag immediately. Scumbag move.

BUT, thank god they didn't score and the game ended. I won my fantasy playoffs by .5 points, if that game went on any longer I would have lost!

The thing was unfortunate but seems to fall under making as ass of yourself when making an assumption. The ref was indicating the bad lineup before McLaurin even looked and was still pointing as McLaurin looked away... and McLaurin didn't directly answer a very specific question about the ref actually telling him he was OK. I have nothing against McLaurin but I think he gave his interpretation of what the ref meant, not what the ref actually did or said.

If the Commanders were hoping the next set of refs would be nice to them, McLaurin probably blew it by publicly accusing the ref of tricking him. Who knows, maybe he ran his mouth in the field and that is the reason the next call was ignored.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Our D is humming now and the offense under young Purdy has been steady. We got some extra rest while they're on a short week and traveling cross country. We are the better team and should win this handily. But they are fighting for their playoff lives..so I see a close 24-16 Niners win.

So you're saying our defense will give up more points than the Giants?

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Lol. f**k that guy.

You'd have a great point if the WR didn't first check with the ref. But he checked with the ref, the ref told him he was good, then the ref threw the flag. I don't care how you spin it, that was total BS on the ref. I've been coaching football for more than 15 years. At every level of football WR's are taught to check with the refs. I have never seen a ref tell a player he was good, then throw the flag - NEVER!! At the very least that ref needs to be fired because he cast Washington the game. There's no way this is on Terry McLaurin. He did what he was trained to do since peewee football.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Dec 19, 2022 at 9:58 AM ]

I suppose this would be bulletin material for them now. I don't want to be rude but.. I wonder if someone has come up with the nickname the "CommanDERPS" yet?

The Comms will be desperate to stay in the playoff race, so I'm sure we'll get their best shot. If our defense plays up to its standard though, I think we're in good shape.
I like the fact that the Niners are just TCOB.
Niners register their 2nd shutout of the season

Niners 27
Commies 0

Commies coming off an emotional and controversial loss to a heated rival with playoff implications + travel to the west coast on a short week.

I like our chances.
Share 49ersWebzone