LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 241 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Our D is humming now and the offense under young Purdy has been steady. We got some extra rest while they're on a short week and traveling cross country. We are the better team and should win this handily. But they are fighting for their playoff lives..so I see a close 24-16 Niners win.

So you're saying our defense will give up more points than the Giants?

Well division games are always tough. Did I disrespect our D if I see them getting a TD and a couple of FG? What If there's a breakdown in ST or we have a turnover like an Int/fumble? Doesn't mean it's all on D. If we play our game, none or minimize TO sure this D can shut down anybody and as long we don't play down to our opponents level. KC barely won vs Houston yesterday. Minnesota barely won vs Colts. Even the " invincible" Eagles got a scare from Chicago. Didn't Washington beat that same Eagles. Any given Sunday my man.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Dec 19, 2022 at 10:16 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
I was trying to watch their game last night but didn't get a chance to focus.

how did they look against the giants? A team of probably the same exact level

was there offense capable of big plays? The only thing that scares me is their DL

Yeah their DL is good. Heinecke has some YOLO in him and that might result in a big play here and there but nothing consistent that should threaten the 49ers defense over the course of a game.
Originally posted by thl408:

was there offense capable of big plays? The only thing that scares me is their DL

Yeah their DL is good. Heinecke has some YOLO in him and that might result in a big play here and there but nothing consistent that should threaten the 49ers defense over the course of a game.

Agree. The only thing that really worries me is Purdy potentially getting hit a lot. Everything else seems pretty manageable.
[ Edited by Midbay on Dec 19, 2022 at 10:23 AM ]
I got this one circled as a fluke L only b/c i live in DC and have to hear these clowns talk s**t
So I misunderstood this game was national TV being on Saturday thinking it was like 1 of maybe 3 games until I realized there's 10 other games making it like a Sunday with regional coverage. That sucks.

With Chase Young returning for this game that DL will be even better. I look for a defensive battle that we win by 6 points.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
So I misunderstood this game was national TV being on Saturday thinking it was like 1 of maybe 3 games until I realized there's 10 other games making it like a Sunday with regional coverage. That sucks.

and i can see the WAS @ SF game being only televised in the bay area and DC metro areas on CBS. the only other late game next saturday is PHI @ DAL on FOX.

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=16
Originally posted by Midbay:

Agree. The only thing that really worries me is Purdy potentially getting hit a lot. Everything else seems pretty manageable.

If we have to take 1 L before the regular season ends I'd rather have it be this game. I wouldn't be able to live with an L to a terrible faider team, and a win against the cardinals at the end of the season would be good for momentum into the playoffs.

we're on a what 6 or 7 game win streak? This team is more than capable of winning out an beating everyone in the playoffs, extending that win streak to 10+. But to get to and win the SB is gonna require longevity and endurance. It's going to be f**kin crazy hard to go on a 10+ win streak. May be best to get an L out of the way now, to an inferior team rather than in round 1 or 2 of the playoffs where it will end our season. An L to the commies would not mean much to our playoff run, just make it harder to get the 2 seed.

Obviously winning out is the best case scenario I'm just saying out of the rest of our season an post season if we had to accept 1 L this game is the best one.
If we have to take 1 L before the regular season ends I'd rather have it be this game. I wouldn't be able to live with an L to a terrible faider team, and a win against the cardinals at the end of the season would be good for momentum into the playoffs.

we're on a what 6 or 7 game win streak? This team is more than capable of winning out an beating everyone in the playoffs, extending that win streak to 10+. But to get to and win the SB is gonna require longevity and endurance. It's going to be f**kin crazy hard to go on a 10+ win streak. May be best to get an L out of the way now, to an inferior team rather than in round 1 or 2 of the playoffs where it will end our season. An L to the commies would not mean much to our playoff run, just make it harder to get the 2 seed.

Obviously winning out is the best case scenario I'm just saying out of the rest of our season an post season if we had to accept 1 L this game is the best one.

Understand the sentiment but maybe the last game against the Cardinals is the one we can afford to lose because Minnesota collapsed and we are resting guys. I think you just take it as it comes.

I am most heartened by the 49ers ability to adjust mid-game. Bad plays seem to be dealt with in a professional manner. Little wailing and gnashing of teeth, particularly on defense. Fix it fast and move on.

It is like the analysis loops are getting compressed to where we have wins and losses but they don't require a full reset (week of study and practice) to fix. Execution gets incrementally better.

Understand the sentiment but maybe the last game against the Cardinals is the one we can afford to lose because Minnesota collapsed and we are resting guys. I think you just take it as it comes.

I am most heartened by the 49ers ability to adjust mid-game. Bad plays seem to be dealt with in a professional manner. Little wailing and gnashing of teeth, particularly on defense. Fix it fast and move on.

It is like the analysis loops are getting compressed to where we have wins and losses but they don't require a full reset (week of study and practice) to fix. Execution gets incrementally better.

Our adjustments an execution has been better as the season goes on. Great to see that.

idk how Minnesota has that record

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, gang, go!

Our adjustments an execution has been better as the season goes on. Great to see that.

No joke. The Luck Fairy will run out of pixie dust eventually.

Probably because they are tied for 6th best in TO differential and have the 8th ranked scoring offense in the NFL.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

I'm surprised it took this long to get one of these responses
Share 49ersWebzone