LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 396 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
I was trying to watch their game last night but didn't get a chance to focus.

how did they look against the giants? A team of probably the same exact level

was there offense capable of big plays? The only thing that scares me is their DL

Yeah their DL is good. Heinecke has some YOLO in him and that might result in a big play here and there but nothing consistent that should threaten the 49ers defense over the course of a game.

There is a lot of young talent on this Washington team. The thing about young talent is they can be scary good one week and scary bad the next.

I do not see a 49er blowout. I see a tough game. I think the 49ers should win. But, they could just as easily lose this game.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

was there offense capable of big plays? The only thing that scares me is their DL

Yeah their DL is good. Heinecke has some YOLO in him and that might result in a big play here and there but nothing consistent that should threaten the 49ers defense over the course of a game.

There is a lot of young talent on this Washington team. The thing about young talent is they can be scary good one week and scary bad the next.

I do not see a 49er blowout. I see a tough game. I think the 49ers should win. But, they could just as easily lose this game.

What??? I guess you could be right if we rest our starters! There is no way the Commanders are better than the Dolphins or the Bucs. I would even argue that the Seahawks are a better team than them right now.

If we play our game, we smoke the Commanders 35-6.

if we can put up around 24-31 points, it could be a blowout, i dont see washington scoring more than 10
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
If we have to take 1 L before the regular season ends I'd rather have it be this game. I wouldn't be able to live with an L to a terrible faider team, and a win against the cardinals at the end of the season would be good for momentum into the playoffs.

we're on a what 6 or 7 game win streak? This team is more than capable of winning out an beating everyone in the playoffs, extending that win streak to 10+. But to get to and win the SB is gonna require longevity and endurance. It's going to be f**kin crazy hard to go on a 10+ win streak. May be best to get an L out of the way now, to an inferior team rather than in round 1 or 2 of the playoffs where it will end our season. An L to the commies would not mean much to our playoff run, just make it harder to get the 2 seed.

Obviously winning out is the best case scenario I'm just saying out of the rest of our season an post season if we had to accept 1 L this game is the best one.

I'm surprised it took this long to get one of these responses
For sure!

BCB would smack all you doubters! He goes for the jugular and rips it out!
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

What??? I guess you could be right if we rest our starters! There is no way the Commanders are better than the Dolphins or the Bucs. I would even argue that the Seahawks are a better team than them right now.

With Chase Young back that DL is arguably as good as any in the NFL. Young and Sweat can creat problems. Payne and Allen (All Pro?) inside are both studs.

I don't see a blowout at all.
[ Edited by dj43 on Dec 19, 2022 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:

With Chase Young back that DL is arguably as good as any in the NFL. Young and Sweat can great problems. Payne and Allen (All Pro?) inside are both studs.

I actually want Purdy to get a good challenge while still in the regular season, and this game should be able to do that.

The last two games he probably won't get that much of a challenge.
Against a fully healthy WAS team, I think 24-3 could be considered a blowout. That's what I'm going with.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

With Chase Young back that DL is arguably as good as any in the NFL. Young and Sweat can great problems. Payne and Allen (All Pro?) inside are both studs.

I actually want Purdy to get a good challenge while still in the regular season, and this game should be able to do that.

The last two games he probably won't get that much of a challenge.

I agree.

I have never liked the idea of "resting" players or having meaningless games at the end of the season. It is more important to keep things at a high level going into the playoffs. Of course, you wouldn't have players playing through injuries if you can help but the key is maintaining a high standard of play. *obvious*

With Chase Young back that DL is arguably as good as any in the NFL. Young and Sweat can creat problems. Payne and Allen (All Pro?) inside are both studs.

Sounds like our dline, bunch of first rounders lol.
commanders are in a tough spot needing a bounce back game against a 49ers team coming off a mini bye week with extra days to prepare

im predicting a thorough beatdown

commanders are in a tough spot needing a bounce back game against a 49ers team coming off a mini bye week with extra days to prepare

Their D-line will keep them in the game. I expect a similar game to the Saints game.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Their D-line will keep them in the game. I expect a similar game to the Saints game.
we need to keep Purdy on his feet
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Saints faced a different 49ers offense. Shanny is now deeper into his playbook playing 4D chess. I'll be shocked if this game is a close one. We'll most likely see Josh Johnson in the 4th.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Saints faced a different 49ers offense. Shanny is now deeper into his playbook playing 4D chess. I'll be shocked if this game is a close one. We'll most likely see Josh Johnson in the 4th.
i hope so.. but it's easy as missing a free rusher to end the season (Buccs game)
CBS game, sweet
Share 49ersWebzone