There are 245 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

33-13

49ers.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I think it's gonna be tougher than people think. Won't be surprised if it's close most of the way. WAS needs this win more than anything.
[ Edited by Baldie on Dec 19, 2022 at 8:49 PM ]
Also, don't discount the hate Shanahan has for Dan Snyder and the Washington (whatever the hell they're called), and how they treated him and his Dad.

I watched this entire game vs the Giants. Washington looked like the middle of the road team that they are. They're tackles we're getting beat like a drum by #5, Tibedeau. Bosa will feast on these guys.

Again, our defense has held Stafford, Herbert, Tua, Brady and Smith (he's had a heck of a year, MVP type of conversations about him) lead offenses to less than 17 points per game! Do you all really think that Heineke is going to score more than 17 points on this defense? I sure in the hell do not!

The DL for Washington is good, but what about the rest of their defense? I'm not worried about this team. I expect a win, and it better not be close!
[ Edited by DynastyPart2 on Dec 19, 2022 at 9:08 PM ]
Commanders' defense is tough. Give Mason some carries early, middle and late. Can't pound McCaffrey in to submission in these types of games.
I expect the one blown coverage per game the 49ers seem to have to result in the majority of Washington's points. How will the 49ers' OL handle Washington's DL? I expect Mike to have his usual issues. Will Brock be able to deal with it? Will Kyle scheme his way around this matchup? I expect so. 21/27 - 13, 49ers.

* As an aside, I'll take a L and no injuries. Prefer the win, but I am over the injuries. I mean, unless we have more Brocks in the wings, then by all means, break a leg, guys.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Commanders' defense is tough. Give Mason some carries early, middle and late. Can't pound McCaffrey in to submission in these types of games.

We have to keep the gas pedal down but I'm down with sitting Mooney for the reg. season and giving McCaffrey spot carries.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Lets pray that we don't get this officiating crew. Because they literally costed them the game, on two plays. I wander if the league will own up to this, admit that Washington should have won that game, and issue out punishment to the official responsible. But we know that's not gonna happen.

I know you think that officiating "cost" Washington the game. But, it isn't the official's job to make sure the player is lined up correctly. That's on the player and the coaching staff. Officials are there to officiate a game that players should already know how to play.

Officials don't make the rules about where to line up. The league does. Teams rely on officials to enforce the rules.

You're right but I'm sure McLaurin has been doing this at every level of football. WR's are coached to get confirmation from the ref
If ya'll want to talk about poor officiating, you should be talking about stuff like this.

Originally posted by Baldie:
I think it's gonna be tougher than people think. Won't be surprised if it's close most of the way. WAS needs this win more than anything.
Bucs needed to win and the Seahawks were playing for the division. Every team is motivated this time of year. It would take the same offense that collapsed vs the Broncos and the same D that collapsed against the Chiefs to show up the same day.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Dec 20, 2022 at 4:51 AM ]
This game will be over before the end of the 3rd Q.

34-10 9ers.

Washington is OP in madden - i can beat most teams when playing with the current niner team but i don't seem to be able to do that with washington.

its just a video game but just providing a different perspective 😉
[ Edited by khiladi01 on Dec 20, 2022 at 7:40 AM ]
I think Niners lose tbh
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Dec 20, 2022 at 7:31 AM ]
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
I think Niners lose tbh

Kyles dislike on the organization/ownership gives a pretty huge edge.
Originally posted by Baldie:

Agreed. Which isn't to say we can't roll over them, but we will have to earn it.

The main thing I would be worried about is that we are able to get through the game without losing anyone to injury.
of course it won't be easy, expect another dogfight.
Share 49ersWebzone