LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 126 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Originally posted by BP22:
of course it won't be easy, expect another dogfight.

Just a little dustup
WAS can get in the way, but they aren't stopping this train!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

If anyone was wondering what the exact numbers are: 24.1 PPG scored on offense, 15 PPG allowed on defense. 27.6 PPG scored on offense, 11 PPG allowed on defense during the 7 game win streak.

We've given up a total of 77 points during the last 7 games. We gave up 72 points in the 2 games prior.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Dec 20, 2022 at 10:19 AM ]
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

If anyone was wondering what the exact numbers are: 24.1 PPG scored on offense, 15 PPG allowed on defense. 27.6 PPG scored on offense, 11 PPG allowed on defense during the 7 game win streak.

We've given up a total of 77 points during the last 7 games. We gave up 72 points in the 2 games prior.

I forgot about Kalia Davis! Idk much about him but I heard he is a very exciting prospect. I hope he can get some play time before the regular season is over. Would be huge for his development.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, fellows, go!
Every week we hear from posters how tough our opponent will be. But all our wins have pretty much been blow out wins. Our closest margin of victories have been 6 and 8 points.
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Dec 20, 2022 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by cortana49:
WAS can get in the way, but they aren't stopping this train!

I like this.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Every week we hear from posters how tough our opponent will be. But all our wins have pretty much been blow out wins. Our closest margin of victories have been 6 and 8 points.

we all have PTSD from the beginning of the season.

Washington's defense is even better than Tampa's. #4 in yards allowed and less than 20 points allowed per game.

Since #2 vs. #3 seed and our playoff matchups are all that are objectively at stake here, I am more concerned with both health and how Purdy does. It's pretty fascinating what Purdy has been up against so far. It's not like he's been playing the Texans. He's had one heck of a three-game test so far against solid teams fighting for their playoff lives and he's going to get another big test on Saturday.

In 2017, Jimmy got to play the Bears and Texans as his first starts and both were terrible that year. He did play the Titans/Jaguars though which were solid tests and then of course the Rams' JV team the final week which was probably easier than the Bears/Texans. Purdy has already had a stronger test so far that Jimmy had when he came here and it's going to get even more difficult.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Dec 20, 2022 at 3:23 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I dont think all have realized that Shanahan is playing 4D chess with CMC and Purdy that by the time the league catches up it might be too late

and the eye test passes with flying colors even the national media have pretty much crowned the niners
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Dec 20, 2022 at 3:44 PM ]
I'd love to read about Kyle hyping the team up about how much he hates Washington and having Trent talk about how they treated him.
Go 49ers!
Same scenario as Tampa week. Commanders had to play hard and tough til the end of Sunday night (Tampa was Monday night). Now they have to fly across country on a very short week to play a very tough and physical Niners team coming off of a mini bye. Expecting another ass whooping game!
Share 49ersWebzone